TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PKI Jizz Man's Diamondback Photo Thread!

lol... I thought that was you!! I think I saw you a couple of times, but it was when we were riding Racer that I thought I might get to speak to you, but then we got the train before you. I wanted to say Hi and introduce ourselves! I am sure we'll cross paths again. If it's not raining, we are going to try to go again tomorrow night. Last Friday was freaking awesome...it was like "Mason only night"

Mason Only Night was awesome, haha. I think our group got about 7-9 rides in on DB.

I'm more than sure we'll run into each other sometime this season, if not tomorrow. I'll be there from 3:30ish to...whenever! Probably 10. Not sure though. I'll have a yellow and blue Madagascar Penguins shirt on, and hang around Diamondback. Haha.

See ya later?

-Zach

I'll have a yellow and blue Madagascar Penguins shirt on, and hang around Diamondback. Haha. ???

Are you that bored?!!! Just playing

I haven't had a chance to get down there since opening day. Hopefully soon

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^That's funny- I never got to ride RB until this past October and it jumped ahead of MF as my favorite steel coaster- the only reason my dog's named after MF is I couldn't think of a girl's name for RB. I wonder if I would have liked RB less before or something.

No, you would have liked it more. It was amazing before it was trimmed. Now it's tied with Diamondback for my favorite steel, but back then it was a perfect 10. & I agree RB is better than Millennium Force. MF just doesn't do it for me.

Too long trains are too long.

Cool looking ride though. Don't like the new B&M hyper trains, but whatever. Nice pictures.

Haha, very good analysis. Too long trains would in fact be too long. I would agree that I prefer the old hyper trains to the new ones but I haven't yet had a chance to ride in one of the back seats. I'll be doing that this Saturday. Wow, imagine riding in one of these long trains on a B&M hyper that had the predrop. That would be insane in the backseats.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I spent all day at Kings Island this past Tuesday the 21st. I thought this would be a good thread to post my review since I followed PKImanJZ's reviews from day one. I believe his name is Zach and I think I saw him on D-back. I wanted to say hi but I don't really know him and he was busy and I didnt want to bother him. I hope you don't mind me posting my review in here instead of starting a new thread.

I spent all day at the park for the first time in quite a few years, so I was excited for my return. It was neat to see the changes that were made and the new rides that were installed. I will begin with a few negative thoughts on the park and finish on a positive note.

A few things really turned me off about my day at the park. First off only one side of Racer was running:( I had heard this last year but to see it running one side in person got me angry! I mean why have a racing coaster and not have it racing? Secondly, I rode Crypt for the first time and I have to say it has such potential, but my God what a short cycle? I was really digging the ride when all the sudden its over. grrrrr I just dont get why they can't add another minute of ride time? Next was the Viking Ship, which used to be one of my favorite flats. It used to swing way in the air and give you some big butterflies. This time it was hardly worth a walk-on ride. Anyone know why they tamed the swing cycle?

On to the Beast! You don't go to KI without riding the Beast, no matter how rough it is. I waited in line two times, each time making it into the station before the ride was shut down due to minor technical issues. Now, the park can't help that the ride breaks down and I don't blame them for it. I was just sad I didn't get a ride on the Beast after so many years:( Lastly, Vortex might make my new top roughest coaster. I remember enjoying this ride as a kid, but I got off swearing to never ride it again! I would rather get jumped in a back alley before riding that torture device again. I think it should make an appearance in the next "Saw" movie.

On to the enjoyable moments, which was far more memorable than my negatives. I actually really enjoyed my day at KI, way more than I had expected. The park was clean, the staff was friendly and the lines were short. I never waited longer than 40 minutes for a ride and most were only around 15 or 20. I got to the park around 9:30 and waited on the left side of the fountains for the gates to open. While everyone was heading towards Diamondback, I headed to Firehawk and Flight of Fear. What a great move! I got on both in about 20 minutes! Both were excellent rides and I would put Firehawk above all the Superman clones I have ridden. It's one of the few rides that give me a little scare. We then rode Racer which I love; tons of airtime and a super short line! We then proceded to go counter-clockwise around the park from Racer. We hit some smaller rides like Adventure Express (fun, but that last lift hill is strange!), Delirium, and Drop Zone (both fun). I have never ridden Son of Beast even though I would have liked to, despite its roughness. It looks like a monster that has been put to sleep as we waited for Top Gun. That thing is huge! Top Gun might be one of the most fun suspended coasters I have ever ridden. Too bad its so short. One more lift hill and a second half would make this a can't miss coaster.

Now we thought it would be a good time to get some Larossa's Pizza but we checked out D-Backs line on the way and it was only a half-hour! The line looked kinda long but let me tell you, this is the best crew and operations I have ever seen! It was poetry in motion. As soon as one train crested the first hill, another was getting ready to leave the station. We sat in the back train first and I got off saying "that was a really fun ride!" The airtime was good but the last half seemed to drag a little. Overall a great coaster. We ate and then spent the next few hours riding other rides like the logflume, Backlot Stunt Coaster (really fun), Vortex (ouch!), and a few unsuccesful waits for The Beast. It was about 8:00 and we decided our last ride would be Diamondback again. This time we got on the very front with the sun going down and the cool air blowing. It was a whole new experience! Simply put, it was awesome!!!! The airtime was incredible! I was out of my seat the hole ride, even the last half after MCBR. Again, hats of to the Crew. You guys kick ass! I ended the day spending $5 on three basketballs hoping to make one and win my wife a cheap prize! Wouldn't you know, I made all three shots, and won three cheap momentos from KI! It was just icing on the cake.

Overall a great day at the park. It kicked my day at SFGADV's butt. Although they don't have El Toro, KI has a great assortment of fun rides and a fun atmosphere.

Thanks KI

I mean why have a racing coaster and not have it racing?

Just ask SFMM management about that one (I'll give you a hint, it's cheaper!)

Sounds like you had a very fun day at the park, although kind of bad hearing that Dback can't really deliver like it should in the back row

(Although the Intamin fanboy I am is jumping for joy hearing that

)

^Don't get me wrong, riding in the back, there was some crazy ejector air over the first hill as well as the 2nd 3rd. It just seemed like the air died out towards the end but not enough to say the ride wasn't fantastic. It is similar to Nitro after the MCBR, however in the front D-Back really delivered. We got off with huge smiles wishing we had time to ride one more time. I would say I like DB even better than Nitro.

I mean why have a racing coaster and not have it racing?
Just ask SFMM management about that one (I'll give you a hint, it's cheaper!)

They operate both sides of the Racer regularly, the complaint was that they don't always Race them. Being that the coasters name is the Racer, they should be raced at all times both sides are operating. Colossus is a differant story, it wasn't built with the idea of it being a racing coaster, and besides the right side wins by a long shot every time.

This thread is awesome, I always enjoy looking at TONS of pictures of my favorite rollercoaster!

• 3 years later...
This photo is stolen from KICentral.com, but is so impressive I had to post it anyway. Check out the line! (The back of the line is on the left.) Looks like 2 hours+ to me.

Well, I rode it 5 times on opening day.

I got in line for the last ride between the Tower and that theater, and the line was only 90 minutes.

The queue when full with all the lanes opened is 45 minutes to board a train. So it took 45 minutes from the tower to get to the entrance, then another 45 minutes to board.