TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Chairswing falls on guests

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused, I thought the park was only open in September.

They have the Puyallup Fair in September (17 days), and the 4-day Puyallup Spring Fair in April.

It's unfortunate to hear this news. Thankfully, it hasn't proven lethal yet, and all the kids can recover fully.

I went through and copied some of the comments - unbelievable. This makes the "Dumbest things said in TPR" forum look pretty tame...

“These rides are made in China and put together by high school drop outs with substance abuse problems, what idiot would let their child get near something like that?”

“This is one ride my wife and I would never let our daughter ride when she was small. Despite all the protests, rants and tears we never gave in. Now that this tragedy happened, I finally got to show her why. Sorry for all the people who were hurt but this ride should never have been made in the first place.”

“Seems like if you were to get on the Yo-Yo Ride or rides similar, the chain or rope whatever holding your car could break while spinning at about 60mph. Releasing your car into God knows where! You'll never catch me on one of those things.”

“Arent they supposed to test the ride EVERYDAY with someone in it before it opens? And i hear they are supposed to check for lose bolts everyday”

“How many of the parts on that ride/contraption were outsourced to china for unit build and assembly? Probably 95% or so, but that little nugget will never be published to any of you. You'd be sick if you knew what I knew.”

“When I was growing up the carnie would offer teenaged boys like $1 and hour and all the beer they could drink to set up their rides. Anyone who takes a good look at the people running these operations is nuts to let their kids on the big rides.”

“This is why they call it an "amusement park." Anyone amused?”

“It is good to have them for the Kids, They just need to make sure these kind off ride are safe and ready for the kids to ride them.”

“This is what makes carnivals so fun. One minute you are spinning on the Tilt O'Whirl, the next it is fire.”

“Be careful with your kids. Looks like this Lolly ride took a "lickin" but couldn't keep on ticken.”

“I wonder if the kids were a little too "big" for the ride and the extra weight overloaded it ... They say childhood obesity is really bad now in the U.S. ..”

“Regulations come from people "pointing fingers." Without those people who start pointing fingers we'd regress till there were no safety standards at all. At that point you'd see way WAY more deaths. But then again we are overpopulated so who knows.”

“I know someone who died on one of those rides. I would never ride one. Then to find out that the man that ran the ride and put it together was on drugs! I would never, ever ride that crap!”

“Exactly why I refuse to ride carnival rides ever again. Yeah, I saw Final Destination 3. Carnival rides scare the mess outta me. Because knowing my luck, something like this will happen when I'm on one.”

“Wow, I can't believe this happened at the Spring Fair in Puyallup. I wanted to go there this weekend, but couldn't. Anyway, I love riding rides, even though there's always that thought in my mind that something could go wrong. When I ride the rides, I spend my time enjoying it, but also thinking of ways to escape if something were to happen....”

“They love with ice cream much. Are you always very eat many? Why are you make food cheat? She is food one every day ..."The children with dream ice cream".”

“Don't ever go to a traveling carney or state fair to ride the rides. Inspection is minimal and the ride operators are often druggies (meth, weed or alcohol). The ride owners are after maximum profit with minumum investment. In other words, safety issues are an afterthought”

“most of those cheap rides are junk, and not inspected by anyone but the drunks running them. stay safe and keep off the junk”

“My husband refuses to let us ride carnival rides...he drove a truck years ago and has seen the rides fall off of trucks and drunk carnival workers/drivers. I am not surprised. This just proves him right and I secretly hate that.”

“When you have 10 kids who are each 40 lbs overweight, what did you expect?”

“betcha they found a 'made in china' sticker on the bottom of that thing.”

“Please! These rides are set up and torn down by transient/local kids for extra $! They are then hauled on trailers from venue to venue, things loosen up, bolts fall out....I wouldn't take a kid to a carnival/fair for anything in this world! The rides are dangerous. The people that work in fairs/carnivals are often alcoholic/drug addict/transient/nutjobs/PEDOPHILES that can't handle REAL LIFE or are hiding from the cops/society......making quick cash that doesn't have taxes taken out. They can't be tracked that way.”

“well now ill never go on kids rides hehe you know whats funny this reminds me of final destination 3 was it?”

“Take a look at the $10 an hour low life's that assemble and run these things, parents should be slapped for their own stupidity.”

“These traveling carnivals have become a major problem around the counrty. They are not regulated or inspected as well as they should be. Here's the problems: 1. The owners are greedy so proper maintenance suffers and they hire questionable at best workers willing to work for peanuts. 2. They are mostly using older rides, some from the 60's & 70's so the metal is fatigued and stressed. 3. Because they are put up & taken down repeatedly things get bent, hammered into place over and over and again fall apart more easily - welde joints fracture. Bottom line .... really pay attention ... if it looks old and seedy & the workers look like well crap .... take your kids to a movie post haste.”

“sadly when so many rides are put up and taken down several times per month things like this are bound to happen. We enojoy the carnivals but exercise common sense when we go. We will play the games and snack on the goodies but save our money. Sadly the carnival that comes to our town would cost us over 50 dollars for just a few rides for 2 children. Saldy in this economy we cannot justify that amount. We save our pennies and go to disney world when they offer the free dining. You don't hear anything about a ride going wrong at disney world or disney land. These rides remain stationary until they decide to take them down to replace them with another. Those are the kinds of rides I will go on and feel safe with my kids on.”

“I wonder if the kids were a little too "big" for the ride and the extra weight overloaded it ... They say childhood obesity is really bad now in the U.S. ..”

LMAO!

WARNING: Keep fat American kids away from the carnival.

Oh, but it is sad that that something like this occurred. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved.

lol

Forums/posts on news sites are great places to get a laugh as it seems only stupid people post on them. The posts posted as a response to the article prove it, and it is no surprise that amusement rides have the reputation that they do with people like this thinking they know how the amusement industry works. Also, I'd guess that the ride was made in America, not China. The whole thing of relating carnivals to amusement parks is also scary if people really do think that amusement parks are just as safe as carnivals.

I guess the good thing is that all of the injured will recover, but this is just another bad incident for the whole amusement industry. The industry needs to work hard to bring guests in, and incidents like this, with those posters talking about the incident, only hurt it.

lol

Forums/posts on news sites are great places to get a laugh as it seems only stupid people post on them. The posts posted as a response to the article prove it, and it is no surprise that amusement rides have the reputation that they do with people like this thinking they know how the amusement industry works. Also, I'd guess that the ride was made in America, not China. The whole thing of relating carnivals to amusement parks is also scary if people really do think that amusement parks are just as safe as carnivals.

I guess the good thing is that all of the injured will recover, but this is just another bad incident for the whole amusement industry. The industry needs to work hard to bring guests in, and incidents like this, with those posters talking about the incident, only hurt it.

The Lolly Swing is made by Zamprela of Italy.

I clicked on the picture in the article and it brought up a picture gallery full of amusement park accidents that have happened.

There would be a short sentence describing the accident, with a slightly related picture to go along with it.

This one was just stupid:

"The mother of a 2-year-old girl was forced to drop her daughter to people waiting 30 feet below when they were stranded on the Crazy Bus kiddie ride at a carnival in Florida in early October. The child was not injured."

So you're telling me you get stuck on a ride and the best idea you can come up with is throwing your child off the ride 30 feet below to "safety"? The child was not injured but I feel bad for the child either way for having a stupid mom.

I clicked on the picture in the article and it brought up a picture gallery full of amusement park accidents that have happened.

There would be a short sentence describing the accident, with a slightly related picture to go along with it.

This one was just stupid:

"The mother of a 2-year-old girl was forced to drop her daughter to people waiting 30 feet below when they were stranded on the Crazy Bus kiddie ride at a carnival in Florida in early October. The child was not injured."

So you're telling me you get stuck on a ride and the best idea you can come up with is throwing your child off the ride 30 feet below to "safety"? The child was not injured but I feel bad for the child either way for having a stupid mom.

Wow. Throwing your child 30 feet is such a great idea. Forced was just put in to make the person look better.

Let's see, I'm stuck in a bus ride 30 feet off the ground. Nothing is falling off, nothing is on fire. We're just not moving anywhere. I think the best thing to do is throw her to the people down there who may or may not catch her. I'M A GENIUS!!

I personally saw the Crazy Bus incident, and what happened was that as the guests were getting off, the ride restarted and was e-stopped at the top with the woman hanging off the edge with her child. She was up there for a good twenty mins or so. Kinda scary, but it was the most interesting thing to happen in Daytona for awhile.

bus.bmp

The lady is the shadow of the side of it. Between rows 2 and 3.

The weight limit for each row (2 seats) is 275 pounds. So weight had nothing do do with it.

I don't trust carnival rides at all. They seem to have more accidents than rides in non traveling parks. I haven't been on any carnival rides in years and will probably never go on a carnival ride again.