TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventure City 4/16/09

Guest Papas

A very small kids park in Anaheim I finally got around to checking out.

Well this looks like a quality establishment

Actually is kindve nice on the inside

Found the strollers they rent out interesting

Adventure City's Thomas Town is about the same size as SFMM's

Why would you ride this when we can wait 30 minutes for it at DCA

This scared the crap outta me

This guy pushes all the cars out of the station.

I wonder who manfuctured this ride.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I never noticed that wash station before...does it mean you have to use the lower sink if you read Spanish? [Just kidding. ]

It's been awhile since I was last there, but that's a fun little park. At one point, I heard it was closing...is that still in the works?

Eric

Does this place still have that policy where only those "with child" can enter?

Reason I ask, just last week I saw a news report on TV here in Virginia that said that many places who once had such a policy, today no longer do

mainly thanks to the recession even though the reporter did add "..the fear of finding yourself in a controversy".

Not sure if I buy the latter but I do buy the recession part as recently I was in Aurora, Colorado. The home of Amazing Jakes..a local family fun center. A few years back they had a Jeepers like policy banning adults without kids to enter however today..not only do they allow anyone to enter but they are even targeting businesses as a place to go for lunch saying their buffet is cheaper than Old Country Buffet, Cici's Pizza and the others.

I guess its a case of you gotta do what you gotta do to survive in this economy.

Interesting to see a PTR at the park just after that incident a couple nights ago. And btw, IMO I think Adventure City is probably the nicest "Credit Stop" I've ever been to (and if you take a quick look at my user name you'll probably figure out that I have been to a lot).

^ It's been awhile, but I don't remember such a policy at Adventure City. Some of the rides, however, may require an adult to have a child in order to ride.

It's not their policy to deny admission, but the two times I went I was warned by the employees at the ticket booth and the turnstyle that it was a park for little kids only. Rather then explain the concept of credit whoring, I just lied and said I was meeting my family inside.

Man, I loved this place as a little kid. I remember going on the Freeway Coaster over and over and over again... and that balloon ride too, haha. It's great to see some photos of it, thanks for sharing!

I haven't been since before Treetop Racers was put it, so I see quite a bit has changed since then, from what I can remember at least.

Great TR and photos!

Had no trouble with the "kids only" entry there. As previously noted, you can show an ACE card for the price of a senior ($9.95)

I believe they've seen their fair share of credit whores. Freeway Coaster is the one that should be called the Tree Top Racer