TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Often Do You Go To Your Local Park?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically my home park is Castles N Coasters in Phoenix, and its a 3 hour drive and in my 7 years of living in Arizona, I have yet to go there!! It's a goal of mine to make it out there and get my credits before this summer is over.

Other than that I visit SFMM about once a year, and sometimes more. One year I had a season pass and I think i used it 4 times. LA is only a 8-9 hour drive from here, but who wants to spend all day driving!

My home parks are Seaworld Gold Coast, Warner Bros. Movie World and Dreamworld.

Ive only been to Movie World once which was Feb this year.

And Sea World once which was in 2001.

I went to Dreamworld about 13 times last year.

I think its the best up there. It needs a B&M though.*cough*Orochi*cough*

Robby

For me it would be Hersheypark and usually this is how it goes for me and my friend Alex every year:

February: off-season trip to take pics, see the Chocolate World parade and if they overlap the free ZooAmerica Community Weekend, usually that.

April: lately it's because of my uncle (who isn't into parks) gives my friend Alex and I tickets for the Harley company picnic which has free food and free parking! If it weren't for this, I probably would not go this month (I like HP in the Dark better than STITP anyways).

June: Alex and I go for our annual summer trip, usually towards the beginning of the month.

October: we do our annual "HP in the Dark" trip

November: same with Christmas Candylane.

So overall, my friend Alex and I averaqe at least five trips a year together. I think if I would go too much, I would get tired of it - lol!

My current home park is Dollywood. I live about 1 mile away, and I go anywhere from about once a week to once a month depending on how busy it is.

As home parks go, I think it's a pretty good one.

Since the untimely demise of the dearly departed Astroworld, I have to make the 3 1/2 hour drive to San Antonio or Arlington. I usually hit SFOT 8 to 10 times a season, and I make at least one trip to SFFT. I live in the town where there is supposed to be a new amusement/theme park being built, Earth Quest, but we haven't heard much about it lately, so who knows. However, if/when it is finished, I will be one happy camper!

My home parks are Knott's and Disneyland.

I go to Disneyland 1-3 times each year. Every year my number of visits to Knott's varies, but I go there 3-4 in September-November for Halloween Haunt. So on top of all my visits during the rest of the year, I'd say I go to Knott's 4-6 times in a year.

Another close park to me is SFMM, but I only go there once or twice a year. I'd go way more often if I lived a bit closer.

Mine are all the Orlando parks. I go at least once a month to one of them. I save Disney for the Fall for Food and Wine Fest, Universal for the Spring for Mardi Gras, and SeaWorld for the winter because it's dead.

I hit the waterparks in the summer, well, because it's hot here in Florida!

Since the park that is closest to me is a shithole, or it is also called SFA, I really don't go there much. Sometimes I go to King's Dominion, but that is pretty far away and I don't go there very much. I usually just go to SFA maybe 4 or 5 times a year, but one of those times is just to get my Season Pass. I spend my summers traveling around and this year I am going to San Francisco to go to the last Six Flags Park in the country I need to go to.

My home parks are Disneyland & Knott's

Usually hit Knott's about 3-4 times a year. Once for haunt, once in september with friends, and again randomly with family. Disney I usually hit about once a month though.

My home parks, in order from closest to farthest, are Clementon Park, SFGAdv , Hersheypark, and Knoble's. I love both Hershey and SFGAdv, but I go to Hershey more often because my family likes it better since it has more things for the non-coaster fanatics to do. Clementon is sub-par for rides , but has a nice water park, If you don't mind long lines. Oh yeah, the log flume at Clementon is very good, but for sheer drop, Knoble's can't be beat. Knoble's is getting a new Bobsleigh coaster, so I'm going to try to get there.

Starting this weekend my home park, Playland, will be open only Saturdays, Sunday and holidays up to June 13. Then it starts adding weekdays and by the time I return from the TPR Scandi Tour it'll be open all week.

That said, I'm going to try and go to it every weekend day, getting some exercise in (walking to the park takes about 40 minutes for me) and our Victoria Day which is a Monday holiday (May 18).

So, up to leaving for the Scandi Tour, I'll hope to get 10-12 visits in. That averages to around twice a week, I guess.