TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Often Do You Go To Your Local Park?

Home park (Canada's Wonderland) is about 2-3 hours away. Only go once or twice per year; this year I didn't make it out there at all.

May be closer in the next few years, and with a bunch of great new additions coming soon (some confirmed, some not *cough* CP stole our big one *cough*), I'll hopefully get there more in the future.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I can manage to get away! Been to Coney Island 4 times this season (twice solo, once with my son, and once with the whole family). Now that I've got a Six Flags membership, trying to make the time to get to SFGAdv & SFNE more frequently, but as they're 1.5 and 2.5 hours away respectively compared to 20 minutes for Coney, it's still fewer. Maybe that'll change next operating season.

Geez, I think this year was the most traveling we've done in a while (if you don't count the thirteen hour drive to Orlando back in 2013)...

Kings Dominion X7 (it will be seven come tomorrow)

Busch Gardens X1

Cedar Point X1

Kennywood X2

Carowinds X1

Knoebels X1

I hit at least one park a month from March to October...huh.

This year, I was happy to get about 3 visits in, per week, during Playland's regular season

(without the PNE). Which made it great, collecting their $1 refillable popcorn bucket for the

season, as well as their $1 refill drink container, in honour of The Beast's Debut Season.

(Only time I missed out, was on my recent Fright Nights' visit. Didn't bring them, because

I thought they were unuseable by this time. Not..... D'oh!)

IMG_7332.JPG.19bfe0b1701e4310a24f4dd51bd7a768.JPG

I got all of them, actually.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Valleyfair is my home park, and I have only visit the park once in the last two years. That was to process my Platinum pass, and get a ride or two on Renegade. I won't be going back until they add a new roller coaster. I tend to go to Cedar Point for at least two or three days most years, though, so Cedar Fair still gets my money.

Knott's, while an hour away from my house, has been my home park my whole life. We go far less often now than we used to. About 6-7 years ago, I'd say we went about once a month, maybe twice a month during the summer. Now that my siblings and I are all older, we go much less often as things get busy, and we've been to the park so many times, we almost get done with it after 2 hours.

I love Knott's to death, but until they get another major thrill ride or coaster (even rehabbed GhostRider may count), I probably won't be visiting Knott's as often as I used to ever again.

• 7 months later...

I'm at Valleyfair pretty much every day now that I work there . I only get to go on rides about twice a week since my work hours are fairly long, but it's a lot more frequently than it used to be.

Edited by VF15

Home park is CW, in the summer I go almost every 2 weeks on average if I am at home. Probably go up to about 10+ times per year, last year I had more than 5 but because I kept putting off a seasons pass, but I ended up going way more often than I thought, but luckily my friends "bring a friend" thing made the tickets like 20 bucks per day.

I consider Great Adventure my home park, I can get there in about 35 mins. Coney Island is closer milage wise but the traffic that way sucks and I hate going to Brooklyn in general.

I've probably been to Great Adventure 7 or 8 times this season. It's my first time in 10 years having a season pass and I've been going a lot early in the season cause I plan on skipping a lot of the hot days coming up in June, July and August.

Been also debating getting a Hershey park season pass since my gf and I loved it when we went there and it's only about 2 to 2.5 hours away. Dorney is only 60 to 90 mins but don't think it's worth getting a season pass there unless I plan on traveling to the other Cedar fair parks, which is our plan for next year

I visited SFGAdv about 2-3 times a week in 2013 because I lived right next to the park. I would go for a couple hours after work during the week and try and get on as many rides as I could. I always tried to walk at a quick pace so it could double as my exercise for the day. I also went to Dorney about five times as well.

This year, having moved closer to Philly for work (as well as picking up a second job for most of the year), my visits were more limited. I probably went in total 12-15 times to SFGAdv and didn't go to Dorney at all (didn't by a pass). I'm back down to one job again, so we'll see what next year brings.

Interesting to look back at these comments. I've since taken a job in Delaware, so weekday visits after work are a thing of the past. 12-15 visits a year is pushing it now, I'm definitely under ten. Still a lot comparatively.

WOF is just 15 minutes away from my house which is ideal. I can pop in right at opening or two hours before close and grab a few rides without things getting old. I imagine I'll get there at least 10 times this season.

SDC is a really great park, but 3.5 hours away. Got a season pass though so hopefully between 4-5 times by Christmas.

It depends on which "local park" you count... If it's the park nearest to me, Michigan's Adventure, then you're looking at once a year - at most! More often, not that frequently. If it's the park I consider my "home park", Cedar Point, then it depends on whether I have a pass or not... If I don't, then a couple of times, usually. If I have a pass... Well, I've already been four times just this year, so...

Let's do this

DLR: I try to go about 4 or 5 times a year as there are so many blockout dates and it often gets so crowded that I can only ride a couple rides.

KBF: I probably go about every other month, as the park is pretty easy to complete and gets boring after a while.

SFMM: I go about 4 times a year, as its a 2 hour drive from my house.