TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Often Do You Go To Your Local Park?

Depends on what you mean by local.....I've got at least three parks I consider to be local - SFA, KD and Hershey. I haven't been to SFA in years (the reasons for that are kind of obvious for anyone who is familiar with this park, including the fact they haven't built a new coaster in ages, and the idea of a mega carnival ride I don't like anyway does nothing for me), I do go to KD every couple of years or so, and I've been going to HP a lot (a couple of times a year or more) since Skyrush was built.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SFSTL is within 30 minutes of my house and I visit 10+ times each season (2-3 times a month, except for August).

Silver Dollar City is a four hour drive from my house and I made 5 separate trips up there so far this season (last year I made 7). On each trip we go to the park 1-3 days, so probably around 8-10 days there so far this year. I might sneak in one more trip before the season ends.

During the summer, I work at my home park, so I'm there almost constantly, and often spend an hour before or after my shift to hit some rides.

When I'm out in SoCal for school, I probably visit Knott's and Disneyland weekly, and Magic Mountain every month or two.

USH and SWSD are once a year, if that.

My local parks are now Holiday World, 65 miles from my house and Kentucky Kingdom which is only 10 miles from my house. I had been getting a Holiday World pass and going monthly, but I got a Kentucky Kingdom pass this year. I went to Kentucky Kingdom almost every week it was open and only went to Holiday World in Oct. I already got my pass for both parks next summer, should be a busy one.

My local parks are Valleyfair and Nickelodeon Universe. I visit valleyfair (almost) everyday, pretty much every chance I get. One of the reasons being I worked there last summer and would ride the rides after my shift in the afternoon. As for nickelodeon universe, I don't go there in the summer. But in the offseason it's about once every month.

I visited SFGAdv about 2-3 times a week in 2013 because I lived right next to the park. I would go for a couple hours after work during the week and try and get on as many rides as I could. I always tried to walk at a quick pace so it could double as my exercise for the day. I also went to Dorney about five times as well.

This year, having moved closer to Philly for work (as well as picking up a second job for most of the year), my visits were more limited. I probably went in total 12-15 times to SFGAdv and didn't go to Dorney at all (didn't by a pass). I'm back down to one job again, so we'll see what next year brings.

• 1 month later...

I'll go 3-4 times a month...but rarely will I stay more than a few hours. My son and I treat it like hit and run mission. We get there at opening, hit 6-8 rides consecutively and run for home before the park (KI) gets really busy.

• 9 months later...

First time with a new home park this year - Six Flags Great America. I think I've been...5 times? I can't really visit during the week so my visits are on the weekend unless I have a day off. It's a decent home park since they have a variety of rides. I live downtown Chicago without a car so if there was a better public transportation route I'd probably go more often. It's been way too busy this year though.

Typical day - arrive at opening and run to Goliath. After Goliath it's slammed and everything is an hour wait haha.

Quite often. If I'm bored after work, a short jog over to Dorney for some rides never hurts. I'm only 10 minutes away, so stopping in for an hour and hitting all the coasters was a regular thing this summer.

This past summer (for the parks in my state)

Dorney: 17x

Hershey: 3x

Knoebels: 2x

My Home parks aren't that close and so I don't visit them often! Because I'm not yet 18 and I don't have a car, I can only take public transport to these parks or I have to go there with an adult.

Connyland: this year three times (car: 1h 15min; train: 2h)

Europapark: this year two times (car: 2h 20min; train: 3h 45min)

I usually visit Six Flags Over Georgia 15x per year. I used to visit more frequently before I became a busy adult and before I over did it and got a bit burnt out with visiting.

I will probably visit a few more times on average now that the park is open March through early January. (I love having Holiday In The Park!)

Other nearby parks I frequent:

Lake Winnie: 3-4x

Dollywood: 2-3x

Alabama Splash Adventure: 1x

Carowinds: 2-3x

Wild Adventures: 1x

Six Flags White Water: 3-4x

I've had passes to KK and HW the last 2 seasons. I live 15 miles from KK , so i go there almost every Sunday. I have only been to HW 2x so far, planning to go Saturday, the other two times was preview night for Thunderbird and a Tuesday in July.