TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Often Do You Go To Your Local Park?

I generally go to Valleyfair about 10 to 12 times a year. I unfortunately don't live close the Twin Cities, so I'm not able to go as often as most other VF enthusiasts seem to. During the the summer months, I try to go on weekdays, but still go on weekends sometimes, and in September and October, it's usually on Sundays.

I also have Nickelodeon Universe as a secondary home park, but I just go once or twice a year during winter since they only have a few rides worth coming for, and I'm busier with other stuff during the winter.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live near Cedar Point, with a season pass I usually end up going there 10ish times every summer. Usually my girlfriend and I will go 5-6 times, and take it really slow, riding the car rides, family flats, everything really. When we go that often, its REALLY enjoyable to just take your time and enjoy the day/rides, as opposed to rushing to get all the heavy hitters in one day.

The other 4 or 5 times I counted is: once with my family, once with hers, and a couple different times with coworkers/friends. Haven't gotten sick of it yet! although, I really wish Hershey was my home park Love me some Skyrush!

I usually go to Holiday world once a year, it's about 2 hours away. Beech bend is the closest park to me about 30 min away, I go there once or twice a year. I haven't been to KK since it reopened. Kings island is 4 hours away, I went there last year once, but go there rarely.

Six Flags America is my local park and I visited 12 times this year however half of those were under 3 hour visits in between client sessions when I just felt like killing time. No better way to kill an hour or two than some laps on Superman, Jokers Jinx and Wild One. My frequent visits this past season actually helped build an appreciation for SFA.

^SFA is my home park as well. I visited 5 or 6 times, about once a month. Being my home park, I've become more aware of the park's difficulties and drawbacks, but I can also see the improvements they've made and appreciate the park for what it is. My last ride of the season was front row on Superman closing day at night in under 40 degrees. Man, other than Millennium Force earlier in the summer, that was the best way to close out a day at the park, or in this case, a great season of riding.

(FYI that's not to say SFA is my favorite park at all. Cedar Point is my current fav, but I frequent Great Adventure almost as often.)

With Silver Dollar City being our home park we usually go every other weekend if not every weekend. It's nice to just get away and enjoy the park. The food is AMAZING and the rides are awesome. So sad that the season is coming to an end, but we will be back opening day 2015! Speaking of SDC, we are heading to the park tomorrow and scheduled to go next Sunday as well!

My home parks are SeaWorld and Belmont Park. I go to SeaWorld about once each year or two; love the park, but it's pretty expensive for me. As for Belmont, I tend to go to it about once every week, if not every other week. Then again, there's not really any admission to "enter" the park; you can just walk in and pay for whatever you wanna ride.

For the parks I visit most often (my home parks)...

Disneyland Resort: I typically alternate years with and without a pass to here. When I have a pass, I visit once or twice a month as long as I'm not blocked out. When I don't have a pass, I usually only visit once during the year.

Knott's: I usually visit every month or every other month. This year has been an anomaly as I didn't buy a pass and will wind up with only four visits.

Other Southern California parks (as I consider them all local parks):

USH: When there's an interesting new ride, I buy a three day pass and use at least two of those days during a year. I rarely visit otherwise due to the price.

SFMM: I usually make about three visits to the park per year, occasionally more if accompanying out of town friends or relatives.

SeaWorld San Diego: Very infrequently...maybe once every four or five years. It's just too expensive for what they offer.

LEGOLAND California: When I was younger, I used to visit once or twice a year. I've since cut back on visits, but I still enjoy the park and visit once every two or three years.

Small parks (Belmont Park, Pacific Park, Castle Park, etc.): I always visit Belmont Park whenever I visit SeaWorld. For the others, I generally only visit if a friend (typically a fellow enthusiast not from California) wants to visit or the park installs something unique (such as Rewind Racers coming to Adventure City).

Almost never. My home park is SFA and my last visit was two summers ago, and that was my first visit in almost 10 years. One reason I stopped going was that at the time, the park was going downhill and I had no desire to deal with the same BS I had to my last couple visits before. However my friends and I decided to take a trip since it had been a while and we heard the park was improving which I certainly has.

I was going to visit this year before the season ended but I ended up going to Kings Dominion instead since I usually consider that my "home park". It's a little longer of a drive but definitely worth it.

I typically hit Holiday World twice a year on average. KK's my nearest park (about 1 hour 15 minutes when I'm at college). I visited it about 10 times last summer thanks to my season pass, and those were typically on every other weekend.

My Home Park is Cedar Point, I went 15 times this year about once every 3 weeks. I believe about half of those times I went with different groups of friends that go just once a year. The other half I'll just go solo and take in the atmosphere and have fun riding rides. I feel lucky because Cedar Point doesn't ever get old as a home park.

So, up to leaving for the Scandi Tour, I'll hope to get 10-12 visits in. That averages to around twice a week, I guess. (2009)

Now that five years have gone by since that last post, I reckon I now make an average of one visit per week to

Playland(PNE) during it's regular season....if I'm lucky, heh.

I didn't go to my home park (Kennywood) at all this year. I was too busy with my personal life during the summer and there were many other "new for me" parks I wanted to visit. As much as I love my home park, it doesn't look like I'll visit next year, either. Years ago, I'd visit three or four times a year, but in recent years, it's been once a year.

MIA is my home park. I usually go at least once a year. When I was little i would have a season pass and go almost every day. Now that I am older and working 55 hours a week and trying to plan for other parks as well results in usually once or twice a year sadly