TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Everyday Objects

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed about BART, just used it the other day and leaving the station felt like a mild launch. Not to mention the noises it makes when taking off.

Oh, and also B&M baked beans. Lastly, being a draw something player and drawing with other TPR members we tend to relate everything with coasters and such.

image.thumb.jpg.f24951a65ed82abcc8b6e32bdf68fb77.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.e4ca87f6b681aa51f0c45861cd365adb.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.2c022af198d2a61fb249f555fb95ff6b.jpg

There's a GM dealership on Michigan state route 24 near the Palace of Auburn Hills (about 30 miles north of Detroit) with an arched driveway decoration that sure looks to me like a piece of coaster track.

Google Street View link: http://goo.gl/maps/j88ht

Just an entryway to most people -- I see an airtime hill instead.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the southeast corner of campus, they are putting together a tower crane on a construction site. When I saw the pieces of the crane (in the triangular shaped beams) scattered amongst mounds of dirt, literally the first thought that went through my mind was, "are we getting a skycoaster?"

This happens everyday at school, haha.

I'll be thinking of a roller coaster, and I'll catch myself moving my pen around like it was the train going through the layout of the coaster I'm thinking of. I'll also do this while making up layouts in my head.

So yeah, you're not crazy. Well, maybe you're crazy. But if that's the case I'm crazy with you, hahaha.

I know this post is really old but I find myself doing the same thing. I do it mostly while thinking of new layout for my NL or K'nex coasters.

Driving fast over a hilly road, and I get that "airtime" feeling sometimes. That feeling makes my day when I experience it as lame as that sounds.

Also, I look at some of the unique ski trails and I picture how a terrain coaster could be constructed on that type of land.

On the last construction project I worked with there was this guy who always had a ringtone that sounded like the alarm of Blue Fire. You know that point when you're still inside and all the smoke comes then the alarm, that is the alarm I was talking about.

This happens everyday at school, haha.

I'll be thinking of a roller coaster, and I'll catch myself moving my pen around like it was the train going through the layout of the coaster I'm thinking of. I'll also do this while making up layouts in my head.

So yeah, you're not crazy. Well, maybe you're crazy. But if that's the case I'm crazy with you, hahaha.

I know this post is really old but I find myself doing the same thing. I do it mostly while thinking of new layout for my NL or K'nex coasters.

You mean I'm not alone?