TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mmm... McDonald's

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't eat fast food as often as I used to, unless I'm traveling somewhere. I avoid it not so much for the fat as for the sodium (I take blood-pressure medication). I've gotten into the habit of ordering vegetables instead of fries when I get a burger in restaurant, too (now that's painful).

But it's not just what you eat, it's how much you exercise (been increasing this, as well). It ain't the meat, it's the motion, folks (although this isn't quite what the old song meant).

Chuck

I know it's probably cliche to say, but ever since I saw "Supersize Me" I haven't been able to eat there.

Ever since "Supersize Me" the only time I order fries is when I split it up with my wife and child....little sticks of fat and sodium...

Here's a fast-food, non-McDonald's tip: If you find yourself in San Luis Obispo, California, get ye to Frank's Famous Hot Dogs for a Monster Burger. You won't be disappointed.

I think they're on Monterey Street now (not too far from Cal Poly, my alma mater).

Supersize Me had some redeeming qualities and all...but no one eats McDonald's all day, every day for 30 days without exercising. I eat fast food a lot, but I exercise. I am in shape and have low cholesterol (and have a family history of high cholesterol). The problem isn't food, people are just lazy!

McDonald's is alright, but their food isn't nearly as good as a Culver's, Sonic, Rally's/Checker's and Wendy's. On a side note...I miss Sonic and In-n-Out Burger.

I steer clear of all fat-fried foods. I'm trying to avoid a heart-attack at 40. I do go to Pizza Hut quite a bit though. I normally end up having a refillable plate of salad/pasta + spaghetti bolognese or lasange though.

Subway is the way to go. Fresh gorgeous sandwiches. I recommend the Chicken and Bacon ranch.

" The problem isn't food, people are just lazy!" (TheGreatOne)

Amen! Yes, fast food tends to be higher in fat/salt/cholesterol/etc., but you can get burgers without mayo, you can ask for fries without salt (you might have to wait for a fresh batch, but you can ask), and you can get grilled chicken instead of deep fried.

True, it's better to eat more at home, but you have to watch what you eat there, too.

Eric

I usually, only eat at McDonalds not in my own town, lol. Just the way I am. Prefer Wendy's or Burger King, locally.

And lately, it's been not in my own country either, heh heh. Altho, my reason for checking out a McDs in say, Paris or Amsterdam (or even Berlin a year and so, ago) isn't what they 'normally' sell.

But to check out the 'local stuff' on it's menus, and maybe try something of that - with fries, lolol. Got a kick out of the French croquettes they sold there, in Paris McDs.

Hmmm. Don't remember the Amsterdam ones..... wonder why.......

Berlin? We hit a Burger King instead.

~ ~ ~ C ~

I did get to a London McDs way back in 1980 for a try. Euuuuuuu.

I do hope they've found their way in improving the meat 'quality' of the burger.

And no tainted beef jokes, mmm'k? That was a 1980 memory, for a Tres Lousay burger I will never forget, after all these many years, lol.

I thought I was the only one on a McDonald's kick!!

Must be the influence of this board.

I generally have 2 hamburgers, but last week I wanted McNuggets so bad I had them a couple of times. I haven't had them since I was 12. My kid is thrilled that he doesn't have to beg for Mickey D's.

I handle insurance claims for airports and we often take tours of airports and all the handling areas for baggage, maintenance, shops, etc. A few years ago we were at JFK in the baggage sorting area, awaiting a elevator up to the main floor. When the elevator opened, two gentlemen with selaed 55 gallons drums attmpted to roll them off. One of the lids pooped off and it's contents spilled all over. It was McDonald's grill/fry grease that they were disposing off. It was the most vile, vomit smell I have ever had the "pleasure" of sniffing. I have not eaten at McDonalds since.

^ Quizno's also has bread bowls for their chili and a couple of thick soups, here at ours in town.

I think those are so cool. Like some mexican fast foods that do their taco salads in an 'edible bowl,' heh heh.

Tim Horton's - a 'Treasured' Canadian Franchise - has bread bowls too, for a chowder and/or chili.

Yum.