TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Kings Dominion's Giant Refurbished Wheel

griffon

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why but I always had a soft spot in my heart for TOGO. So I do love shockwave.

Anaconda is also a great coaster in my opinion(granted, I last rode it in 2002, and it may ride differently now, but still).

many times I'd pick a TOGO or a vekoma over a B&M. to me B&Ms tend to be way too similar to each other and forceless. Intamin, on the other hand, can combine smoothness and lack in sudden force shifts with a fun, original layout.

You think B&M's are forceless? Ride a Batman the Ride clone, that's the opposite of forceless.

Nice report and pictures. I took a couple trips up to KD during the summer, and loved it! Dominator is one amazing ride. The only ride I didn't like was shockwave. It is BY FAR the worst/roughest ride I've ever been on. (including carnival/fair attractions)

I truely thought that Hurler and Anaconda were smooth rides. I actually rode hurler 8 times in a row because there were no lines at all. Anaconda just has terrible pacing after the MCBR; it's not that rough. Compare it to many arrow's out there, and it doesn't seem rough!

This has to be one of the best Kings Dominion PTR's I've seen in awhile. I guess the ferris wheel photos make up for it. Those are awesome views, almost near professional! I haven't been there since 2004 so it would be cool to go back again! In August, I'll be heading out to its two sister parks in Ohio - Kings Island and Cedar Point.

It is a nice park. It's even nicer now then when I was last there back in 2004 (and that was my favorite time out of the three times I was there). In fact, I predict it's going to get even nicer with Cedar Fair's ownership. I do believe Dominator, Americana and El Dorado were just the beginning!

Hey there, great pictures concerning Kings Dominion's newest rides. I was there during opening weekend and got to ride El Dorado (three times), but Americana wasn't ready yet. I still plan to return to the park on Memorial weekend and hopefully catch a ride on Americana.

One more thing to add: some of the pictures you've taken while on the ride and the views the riders can see were only possible when Kings Dominion use to have it's Sky Ride. Now with Americana in the site where one of the Sky Ride Stations used to be, we (those that have been going to the park for many, many seasons) can now see and photograph those aerial shots again (I love the new aerial view of Rebel Yell, especially with the newly rebuilt track at the turnaround. It is so SMOOTH!).

In conclusion, I was