TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi World

I went to Walibi World for the first time of the 2009 season. There were a few changes to the park not a lot but there were some.

The park is getting more and more in a bad shape, the rides are lacking on maintainance and they didn't get a new "big" ride for ages. I think that Goliath (2002) was the last big ride. At least the park have a friendly staff.

Goliath wasn't in his best form but I experienced the same thing last year and during the season the ride was getting awesome.

All of the coasters opened with a 2 train operation but there were only about 2000 people in the park so around noon they decided to take out one train. That wasn't too bad cause we still had to wait for about 5 minutes to get on Goliath.

Blah Blah Blah.....

On to the pics.

IMG_0001_11.jpg.760d3cb2a3557bc6916a9cd4522346f1.jpg

Can any california coaster beat this.

IMG_0001_8.jpg.50b708833b95382102ec00d3e9062423.jpg

Last turn.

IMG_0001_7.thumb.jpg.c76e612feed6c653be4330e81c66e436.jpg

See this ride is fun.

IMG_0001_9.jpg.0580f0e56415ca9512d8a1f3cdf18d47.jpg

The longest line of the day.

IMG_0001_10.jpg.e0d560af5f3f2617616a4c890086f073.jpg

This ride is the reason I'm still visiting Walibi World.

IMG_0001_14.jpg.bbf16fe529b4b2722bb8127b532713e5.jpg

It's located on the same square as Space Shot and I believe this ride is relocated from the Walibi Land area.

IMG_0001_12.thumb.jpg.98edfcc87a3580f965b256275cd9494b.jpg

New ride for 2009

IMG_0001_4.jpg.4e305ba1af7b1e818449a79a65f499ff.jpg

Walibi is building for it's future. LOL

IMG_0001_3.jpg.a9055d89c3f84414fd77998bf37b1a37.jpg

After ignoring La Via Volta for two years they put the site under construction.

IMG_0001_5.jpg.d683da0949d7275ff80576c79a995437.jpg

But what's that. Construction site!!!!

IMG_0001_6.jpg.716c19c48ccea34635b1db983a7a920a.jpg

Park map

IMG_0001_2.thumb.jpg.d16d7fc3e1cd1b01feb42cbf1f961d75.jpg

See here they are handing out the white one which stands for people over 140 cm.

IMG_0001_1.thumb.jpg.f1b2dba2e0b37042a9c384f31d8cf424.jpg

Here you can measure your kid and get a colored wristband according to the kids length.

IMG_0001.thumb.jpg.a64b3bd9560fa45b8441426bd2d2947f.jpg

The first new thing right at the entrance.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can any california coaster beat this.

No.

But some will come close (not in my eyes, but a lot of people think X2 or Tatsu would give it a run, very different rides!)

KT will not be amused by that 35'' height restriction frog hopper!!! I gotta get that kid taller or she's going to have a miserable summer!!!

So has there been any talk about the Boomerang? It's been sitting doing nothing what, two seasons now?

LMAO on the height limit thing. I've been dreaming about this ever since I start working in Toverland. It take care of parents trying to bribe you and operators that are negligent.

Boomerang was supposed to be relocated to another park in the chain. But for some reason it didn't and now its got new train and will open somewhere this year. Or next year.

My darling wife and myself are going to Holland for our wedding anniversary this year, gonna finally get to hop into Walibi World for the day, been wanting to go since Six Flags Holland was the name, Is Goliath the only ride really worth riding?? I never hear good things about Robin Hood and Superman, or am I missing something?

Andrew

I have always wondered what Goliath is, I know it is a Intamin Mega coaster but is it just a smaller version of SROS? Or is it a custom version?

Thanks!

Nice trip report and I hope they have the boomerang up and running soon because I have hear those new trains make one heck of a difference in terms of pain. (In a good way)

^It's custom and amazing!

Seriously, a really great ride. Airtime, direction changes, free open feel on the trains, nice setting...great ride! Easily in my top 10!

As for the rest of the park, I never hated it as much as others do. Robin Hood is a decent woodie, nice rides and layout to the park. Superman or whatever it's being called now has just been getting rougher and rougher as they fail to maintain it.

Imagine an outdoor rock n roller coaster with no maintenance. Yeah, pain.

No.

But some will come close (not in my eyes, but a lot of people think X2 or Tatsu would give it a run, very different rides!)

KT will not be amused by that 35'' height restriction frog hopper!!! I gotta get that kid taller or she's going to have a miserable summer!!!

Isn't there really any coaster with some decent airtime?

Are you coming to Holland this summer. I thought that you guys weren't

coming.

LMAO on the height limit thing. I've been dreaming about this ever since I start working in Toverland. It take care of parents trying to bribe you and operators that are negligent.

Well the system could work but while waiting in line for Goliath we saw a kid that was wearing a white wristband (140 cm) but was clearly under. So I asked his parents and they told me that he was 138 cm but that the park staff gave him a white one?!?! Which means he could get on all the rides without a problem.

Well the system could work but while waiting in line for Goliath we saw a kid that was wearing a white wristband (140 cm) but was clearly under. So I asked his parents and they told me that he was 138 cm but that the park staff gave him a white one?!?! Which means he could get on all the rides without a problem.

Parks tend to use a bit of margin. It's pretty harsh to send away a kid that half an inch to short. The ride system have a pretty decent safety margin, so using a one inch margin on those kids is still completely safe.

^

Didn't know that. Most of the times when they measure the kid at the ride itself and they are too short by a cm they may not ride. Sometimes when the "pole" touching the kids hair they are allowed to ride.

So I think it very depends which operator is working.

Another example.... There were a lot of new employees and the new ones are much more strict to the rules. On Goliath they pushed the lapbar very hard and didn't leave much extra airtime.

----Hans

I like the idea of measuring a person when they enter a park. Then it isn't left up to each ride operator to determine if your tall enough and you don't waste your time in line only to be told you can't ride.

• 4 weeks later...

come one .... Better than X2 or Tatsu,

X2, Tatsu, Goliath are all different rollercoasters,

Goliath is nice, but not that nice.

(toevallig nog een blonde kerel bij goliath zien werken? )

that ride scanner is very handy, but if a child is 1:39 and the staff smuggled a view inches, the child is not save in all the rides he/she ride that day.

but the pictures are nice!

Xpress is pointless...I found it pretty boring, thank god for the theming inside RnR!

Goliath was pretty amazing when I went on it this year, I just think my standards were too high after riding Expedition Geforce two weeks before.

(toevallig nog een blonde kerel bij goliath zien werken? )

I don't think I saw you but if I see you on my next visit I'll definitely say hi. What's your job around there? Checking the lapbars or at the photodesk?

Aww, those pictures made me miss Goliath so much! I don't know how others feel, but, I preferred it to any of the Superman/ex-Superman/Ride of Steels/Bizarros/Whatevers

The only Superman clone I rode was at SFA and it was indeed very disappointing.

------Hans