TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Dark Ride

I do really like the Efteling ride. You can't go wrong with aliens, trolls, and fairies in one screwed up ride!

I've been on droomvlucht (dreamflight) @ Efteling lots of times ( my homepark) but I have never seen any aliens? Lots of strange creatures on this ride but aliens?....nope.

But it's still a beautiful ride after all those years.

My favorite dark ride by far that I have seen:

Harry Potter @ IOA, closely followed by spiderman @ the same park.

Paul

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Joey, that's clearly a troll. Now go get something to eat.

You can find some good dark rides at smaller US parks also.

I'd like to add the Haunted Mansion at Rehoboth Beach to the list of great old school dark rides.

Challenge of Mondor (Enchanted Forest) is a very good trackless shooter.

Great Humbug Adventure at Santa's Village in New Hampshire is a lot of fun.

Edited by larrygator

• 1 month later...

I was pleasantly surprised by Transformers because even though I haven't seen the movies, the ride was still a lot of fun. It's not quite as good as Spider-man, but still a damn solid dark ride.

List time! I can't pick a favorite, and these are in no particular order.

Noah's Ark at Kennywood (before they let it go downhill)

ET at USF

Monster Mansion at SFOG

Ghostwood Estate at Kennywood

Curse of DarKastle at BGW

Spider-Man at IOA

and several others that I'm most likely forgetting about.

I have to say that I am quite fond of Scooby Doo Ghost Blasters at SFStL. I also like Flooded Mine at SDC. I've not been on many more. I personally do not consider Blazing Fury, Fire in the Hole, or Revenge of the Mummy at USH Dark Rides, I just consider them indoor Roller Coasters.

My favorite dark ride is Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland. The ride may be close to 20 years old, but it is still my favorite ride at the park and my favorite non-coaster ride anywhere. Some of my other favorites include (in no particular order):

-Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor (Haunted Mansion Holiday>Phantom Manor>Haunted Mansion)

-Pirates of the Caribbean (been on California and Paris versions, with a slight preference for Paris)

-Toy Story Midway Mania (best interactive dark ride I've been on)

I have to say that I am quite fond of Scooby Doo Ghost Blasters at SFStL. I also like Flooded Mine at SDC.

St. Louis does have the best of the old Scooby Doo rides, and Flooded Mine is a lot of fun.

Number one for me is definitely Indy, not only is it a great ride but it achieves almost everything through practical effects rather than projections - an impressive achievement. After that I'd pick Pirates, Transformers and Haunted Mansion Holiday. I also have good memories of the now departed Looney Tunes River Ride at Movie World - absolutely blew my mind when I was a kid, especially the surprise drop at the end!

Those who love Toy Story Midway Mania, care to elaborate? To me it's mostly a bunch of Wii-style minigames on big screens. Not a bad ride but not something I'd be willing to wait the usual 45+ minutes for.

Between the two major dark rides that i've been on, Justice League: Alien Invasion and Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters at HKDL. I'd have to give the edge to Astroblasters. IMO the effects on Justice League are better executed but the whole spinning of the cars i'd say just makes the ride that much more fun.

My favorite dark ride is Curse of DarKastle at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. It's really clever how the car was running on a track but you flashed by numerous screens. I thought the story was great and that it was a cleverly designed ride.

However, I have yet to go to a Disney or Universal Studios park, and I have heard their dark rides are great!