TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Six Flags New England

Wow my old home park has changed so much in just a year. You can really see how bad the park is now. I used to just deal with it but now the park is just looking horrible. The crowds, lack of Superman, an upcharge attraction, really show how this park is going down the drain.

Thank God I moved 20 minutes away from Kings Island! Cedar Fair who is NOT Bankrupt!

....I'm confused...

The crowds were low due to a combination of the weather being bad and Easter (it was actually much more busier on friday which was the opening day.) Superman isn't going anywhere, it just got a new name, better trains, and some theming, The park isn't going down the drain, since I've been going to the park for 20 some odd years, I've seen it's ups and downs, but overall, six flags parks all reported profits last year per what SFMM management said at West Coast Bash.

But yeah, the price of the upcharge ride is kinda steep for the kind of ride.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The park looks absolutely great. I'm a bit taken back by the new lapbars on Thunderbolt... Oh well. I can't wait for Bizarro to be complete, I was fairly skeptical early on, but it just keeps looking better and better.

I'm also a bit surprised that they wouldn't use a Patriots logo on the field, but the Redskins I don't mind. They haven't won anything in a long long time.

Oh, and the Patriots are the team. Don't get me started. The Eagles...? What a disaster. TO - fail. McNabb - fail. Benching McNabb - fail. Downgrading the Offense - fail.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm thinking of heading down to SFNE this friday. Got to check out my home(ish) park.

I'm also a bit surprised that they wouldn't use a Patriots logo on the field, but the Redskins I don't mind.

Using Redskins logo = free

Using Patriots logo = licensing fee (and that doesn't come cheap for an NFL team)

The crowds were low due to a combination of the weather being bad and Easter (it was actually much more busier on friday which was the opening day.) Superman isn't going anywhere, it just got a new name, better trains, and some theming, The park isn't going down the drain, since I've been going to the park for 20 some odd years, I've seen it's ups and downs, but overall, six flags parks all reported profits last year per what SFMM management said at West Coast Bash.

Yes, I should've mentioned that it was COLD today. Temperatures barely broke 40, and there were constant heavy winds. With the wind chill, it was around 30 degrees. All the employees were bundled up in heavy coats, hoods, and scarves, and we saw managers walking through the park passing out chemical hand-warmer packets to the front line workers.

I'll also add that the park looked in great condition. The staff were all incredibly friendly and attentive, despite the weather, and there were characters out everywhere, from Looney Tunes to Justice League to Mr. Six. My only real complaint is that the park still charges much more than most non-SF parks (including Disney) for both food and parking.

Wow my old home park has changed so much in just a year. You can really see how bad the park is now. I used to just deal with it but now the park is just looking horrible. The crowds, lack of Superman, an upcharge attraction, really show how this park is going down the drain.

Thank God I moved 20 minutes away from Kings Island! Cedar Fair who is NOT Bankrupt!

Those are the dumbest statements i have ever heard! First off i have been to evry SF park in the US and i would say that SFNE is by far the best looking one i have been too. SROS is closed because of the work being done to it, DUH. Name a park in the US that doesnt have an upcharge ride in it, since almost every park i have been to has a sky coaster in it. I was at the park twice over the weekend and i can telll you the weather was nasty the last 4 days up here in new england.

Yes the park had both trains for Thunderbolt redone by PTC in the off season and the reason they did was because they were having lots of problems with the old lap bars which caused alot of down time for the ride last season, in fact it was closed for a couple of months because of it. The only reason it is taking a while for loading is because the new ops are still getting used to it as the park just opened. i rode it a couple of times and it didnt seem like any of the airtime was lost to me in fact i thought it was much better than the old trains. The other train is still not on the transfer track yet and is still in the maintenance building. Here is a pic of the new trains lapbars upclose.

Yes the park had both trains for Thunderbolt redone by PTC in the off season and the reason they did was because they were having lots of problems with the old lap bars which caused alot of down time for the ride last season, in fact it was closed for a couple of months because of it. The only reason it is taking a while for loading is because the new ops are still getting used to it as the park just opened. i rode it a couple of times and it didnt seem like any of the airtime was lost to me in fact i thought it was much better than the old trains. The other train is still not on the transfer track yet and is still in the maintenance building. Here is a pic of the new trains lapbars upclose.

Yeah, thunderbolt was running as good as it ever has, and is still one of my favorite woodies. However, there is one spot of airtime that seemed to have grown to painful proportions with the new trains.

Nice pics, I cant wait to get out there next week since it is my home park. I must say though that out of all the changes, I am sad to see Time Warp go, I know it was not an unexpected removal due to all the problems it had, but still it was one of my favorite flat rides in the park. Also I was wondering if anyone knows if they will be changing Superman/Bizzaro's rider height maximum with the new trains. I'm just curious seeing as though I'm over 6'4". Thanks

Are you people 100% sure that it's the Washington Redskins logo and not, say, the logo of a local high school or something? There are many many high schools, middle schools, etc. around the country that use pro logos, or ones very similar. Not saying anyone is wrong, just wondering.

Oh, and the Patriots are the team. Don't get me started. The Eagles...? What a disaster. TO - fail. McNabb - fail. Benching McNabb - fail. Downgrading the Offense - fail.

18-1 = Easily the biggest "FAIL" of the decade, if not longer.

Anyway, great pics! I really need to get there one of these years.

Nice pics, I cant wait to get out there next week since it is my home park. I must say though that out of all the changes, I am sad to see Time Warp go, I know it was not an unexpected removal due to all the problems it had, but still it was one of my favorite flat rides in the park. Also I was wondering if anyone knows if they will be changing Superman/Bizzaro's rider height maximum with the new trains. I'm just curious seeing as though I'm over 6'4". Thanks

Well, the restraints are the same kind as El Toro and El Toro doesn't have a max height. So maybe we'll be fortunate to see the removal of the max height. I do know the max height was put in place when the old restraints were modified.

18-1 = Easily the biggest "FAIL" of the decade, if not longer.

18-1 still means we did better than 30 other teams and were on the cusp of making history. Don't worry though, with Brady back this coming season, we'll get that elusive 19-0.

Back to the thread, I'm relieved that you think the trains might improve thunderbolt, if anything.

There was a new narrow red stripe painted on the platform near the front of the train, and the front of the train stopped within that stripe every time.

Ohh yeah, I've been on Thunderbolt when the train just passed that red line. That means we got to go for a second time so the ride-op can try again in stopping the train within the red line.

Will New England people really like that big Redskins logo on their field!?!?

That was my first thought while reading this report as well! My partners family lives in New England (Plymouth, Boston, Maine) and I know that they are all die-hard Patriot fans. I am sure that the park employees will get there fair share of jeers from visitors during the summer.

Nice report of the park. Even though I have been by the I-90 exit for this park about a hundred times, I have never had the time to enjoy a visit there. Perhaps this will be the year, but not sure. Actually, in looking at the park and it's coaster/ride selection, I could probably breeze through it in a few hours on a quiet day. Please don't take that as a slam on the park or SF though...we did the same thing at Kennywood (about five hours) and loved it!

PS - Especially loved the beer pic...some nice choices they have! Peroni draft is not something that you see every day.

I would love to go to this park, but the only thing that bothers me is the height restriction on Bizarro. I'm 79" tall and would totally not be able to ride. Has it always been restricted like this? I sent a concern to the park and they replied saying that the restriction is still in place, which make no since unless its because of the tunnel and the fly through. They said it was a restriction set by the manufacturer, but I have been on rides like Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster MANY times and I fit just fine.

None the less, this is upsetting as I have wanted to ride this ride now for years and never knew there was a restriction. Anyone know anything about the restriction? I have never had trouble at any park for height restrictions unless it was a kiddie coaster. Good pictures from the TR though, I like how Bizarro looks.

It does like a very nice park, it seems to have some real charm to it.

In regards to the Six Flags Cuts thing, I don't know about anybody else here, but personally when i go for a hair cut, one of the things I always hope for is that it is NEVER a thrilling experience.

Thrilling + Haircut = People laughing at you.

I would love to go to this park, but the only thing that bothers me is the height restriction on Bizarro. I'm 79" tall and would totally not be able to ride. Has it always been restricted like this? I sent a concern to the park and they replied saying that the restriction is still in place, which make no since unless its because of the tunnel and the fly through. They said it was a restriction set by the manufacturer, but I have been on rides like Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster MANY times and I fit just fine.

None the less, this is upsetting as I have wanted to ride this ride now for years and never knew there was a restriction. Anyone know anything about the restriction? I have never had trouble at any park for height restrictions unless it was a kiddie coaster. Good pictures from the TR though, I like how Bizarro looks.

Well that stinks to hear that the park is going to keep the height restrictions for Bizarro where they are. I have to say that I am very disappointed seeing that I spend allot of time there, and loved being able to ride Superman. Also I am surprised Millennium Force doesn't have the same restrictions.

Well that stinks to hear that the park is going to keep the height restrictions for Bizarro where they are. I have to say that I am very disappointed seeing that I spend allot of time there, and loved being able to ride Superman. Also I am surprised Millennium Force doesn't have the same restrictions.

At most Cedar Fair parks the only restriction is the seat, if you fit you ride. They expect you to keep your hands and feet inside the train at all times, so if you for some reason hang you hand out and it gets smacked your at fault. They only exceptions I have seen are on Intamin Impulse coasters like Possessed... except Wicked Twister doesn't have that restriction.

They said it was a restriction set by the manufacturer, but I have been on rides like Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster MANY times and I fit just fine.

I believe the trains on MF and TTD are actually slightly larger than those on the Supermans.

/Er..."Supermen"?

...but the restriction never used to be there. The height restriction was after the accident with the modified trains. I contacted guest relations as well. I didn't understand how trains that are literally the steel comparison as El Toro without a height restriction could cause these trains to have one. They didn't have an answer. Luckily, I am 6'3", but I really do feel bad for my friend, bgroodog.

I could probably breeze through it in a few hours on a quiet day. Please don't take that as a slam on the park or SF though...we did the same thing at Kennywood (about five hours) and loved it!

No offense taken, the park is on the small end, but not the smallest Six Flags park. But when the crowds are low, you can breeze through the park within a few hours. The only time I personally can get a full day at the park is when I'm with some friends.

Well that's great to know about Cedar Fair Parks. I am planning on going to Cedar Point next year with a few friends and one of my big concerns was being able to fit on rides like MF and Dragster. Thanks bgroodog.
I guess I can't talk for all Cedar Fair parks, but I know for sure that's the mind set at Cedar Point. I do know that Possessed at Dorney Park and Runaway Reptar at Kings Island all have 76" Max Height Restrictions that are closely watched. Most of the other no-so-watched restrictions on some rides are more of a restraint fitting problem. I know Delirium at Kings Island is also 76" but I was able to get on it with no problems (Remember I am 79" Tall).