TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are you a Screamer, Laugher or WHOOPer?

It depends on the coaster for me.

On mega coasters (both loopers and hyper coasters) I'm a WHOOper.

On painful coasters such as SLCs I usually will exclaim ouch, grunt to myself, or simply just wish to myself that I never got on board.

On wooden coasters, I usually will laugh or just exclaim "wow" if an element completely catches me off-guard.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I put my hands up and might utter an "oh" or a "yeah" or "whoooa" but am usually quiet just intensly enjoying the experience, but I always have a big smile on my face through the whole thing. And if it was really an intense ride, I might say afterwords it was fun. I don't scream mostly because rides don't ever scare me, to me they just are really very fun and enjoyable to the point of making me feel very happy.

I really don't do anything when I ride roller coasters, other than have the most stupid looking smile on my face. All the on-ride photos that are ever taken of me are HORRID! My hair is always pushed up, and I have my mouth wide open. I guess I laugh sometimes.

I really need to stop smiling with my mouth open when I ride coasters, bugs might fly in there!

I'm a pretty calm (aka boring) rider, but sometimes I say, "weee!" just to get a reaction from whoever I'm riding with. Other than that I'll smile and put my hands up at about shoulder height. I feel like a moron doing that but I do it anyways...

I'm a conversationalist. I usually try to chat with the people I'm riding with.

One time I went on the boomerang, and I had sat in the back of the car with some random 17 year old who had never been on it before. When we were going up the hill backwards, he tells a girl sitting in front of us that she is pretty, and then continues to ask for her phone number. On a roller coaster. She said "maybe". After we dropped, he started screaming "OH GOD OH GOD HO HO OH GOD OH MY JESUS" super loud. After the ride the girl told him she doesn't like a scremer

I'm a conversationalist. I usually try to chat with the people I'm riding with.

One time I went on the boomerang, and I had sat in the back of the car with some random 17 year old who had never been on it before. When we were going up the hill backwards, he tells a girl sitting in front of us that she is pretty, and then continues to ask for her phone number. On a roller coaster. She said "maybe". After we dropped, he started screaming "OH GOD OH GOD HO HO OH GOD OH MY JESUS" super loud. After the ride the girl told him she doesn't like a scremer

ROFL. Fail on his part.

If you've ever seen the video "America's Greatest Roller Coaster Thrills in 3-D", you'd know that Eric Boardman is a WHOA-er

Me? I'm a yeller. I always yell so much cause I just love every second of most rollercoasters; I lost my voice about 90% the day after a visit to Kennywood this summer. Mostly YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH'S and HOLY CRAP's. And once, me and my friend screamed tourettes guy phrases on Phantom's Revenge.

Other times, I'll do random things, such as singing JG Wentworth commercials, screaming "It's my money, and I need it now!", and HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!

• 1 year later...