Are you a Screamer, Laugher or WHOOPer?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Definitely a Whoop/Woo-er

Also been known to make bellowing guttural yells exclaiming, "Yeahhhhhh"!! However, some rides have thrilled me silent to the point where I'm beaming with disbelief (see below).

Thrilled Silent:

-Texas Cyclone, SFAW ('92 version).

-GhostRider, Knott's (*Media Day Opening).

-Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, WDW - Disney's Hollywood Studios.

I'm definitely a Laffer with the occasional "whoo!" thrown in as well. I also almost always go with hands up and on really good rides I will often clap at the end. Some folks will look at me funny when I clap, but usually I'll get a few to join in with my applause.

HAHA. OMG. I'm like... everything. I scream, I laugh, I grunt, and when I really really really get hyped up, I'll start yelling things like "YEAH! EAT IT BABY! GO GO GO! TEAR IT UP!!! YEAH!!! COME ON!!!". Legend and Voyage I yell a lot about tearing things up. Those rides just shred the whole way and I LOVE it!

I'm an "Oh Sh*t!" kind of guy. The only rides I still get butterflies in my stomach and still get freaked out on are drop towers and skycoasters.

This is pretty much me. I usually talk on the rides too especially if I'm with someone who has been on he ride thousands of times like me.

Well, when it comes to me riding roller coaster and any other scary-looking flat ride, I am usually a silent rider (reason #1, screaming out loud will cause my voice to crack). However, back in the early days of the year 2000, I would often do this stunt: when the train is being lifted up the lift hill, I would say out loud:

"OH BOY: WHAT A VIEW!!!

And just when that train is on top of the hill, ready to go down that first drop hill, I would then say out loud:

"HEY, WHAZZUUUUUP!?!

Now, if I do hear someone screaming their pretty little head off, that will cause me to laugh. Case in point: this year at Kings Dominion, on a water tubing enclosed ride, some older man went before me and the funniest scream you ever heard echoed throughout the enclosed tube. In fact, this man went soprano.

"Oh well, I call that 'another satisfied customer'!"

I normally go "Wooooo"... Occasionally laugh when a ride is really crazy or something...

It depends on the ride. I don't usually scream, but El Toro Brought me to it.

My first ride on El Toro was more like...

(around the first turn) "WOOooo...."

then...

(going down first drop "WOOOHOLY SHIII....."

I expected insane airtime, but not THAT insane.

• 6 months later...