TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are you a Screamer, Laugher or WHOOPer?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Normally I am quiet on most coasters and rides, but if they really surprise or blow me away, I may yell or groan or do some other verbal exclamation. And if the ride really blows my mind, I might curse under my breath -something like "holy ****!". For instance , on Skyrush I just can't "remain silent", even after multiple rides. The only other times I might make any noises is if I'm trying to talk to my riding companions, or if I'm riding a really rough coaster and I'll be like "ouch" or "yeow, or maybe "ugh" or "argh!"

I'm actually not entirely sure what I sound like when I'm riding a roller coaster; I'm usually too wrapped up in the moment to pay attention to my own reactions. I think I'm a WHOOPer, or at least I am at the top of a tall lift hill right before the crest. I also scream really loud when I am genuinely scared, as evidenced by the video recording of me riding Kissimmee Skycoaster. Otherwise, I really don't pay attention to myself, the person riding next to me, or really anybody else when I'm on a good coaster.

I say whatever I want on a ride. Depends on the ride really. It usually ranges from woos, screams, laughter, expletives, and random funny words for good/scary stuff. Expletives, screams of pain, and the occasional ow for painful or particularly bad coasters.

• 1 year later...

Usually silent, occasionally a few "whoops", "woahhhs" or "weees". And I can definitely get the giggles on a really good first-ride.

Except when I rode Skyrush first time, in which case I screamed at the top of my lungs halfway through: "THIS IS THE GREATEST COASTER ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET."

In the small selection of coasters I have ridden (so far) I seem to give an "Oh ****" at the top of the drop, then begin letting out a deep, guttural yell that rises to a "man scream" at the bottom as I feel those G's, then I just start laughing when the first rush of adrenaline passes. The last time I was at the local park, I rode the wood coaster (Timberhawk, it's a fun little woodie) at least 8 times, and I could NOT stop laughing each time through the second half of the ride! Backseat drop airtime is just really fun and makes me laugh uncontrollably.