TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is the Release Date?

To ask my question, I guess i tried to add some internet humor in there.

So you asked the same thing I asked just 2 hours later?

Come one guys, do we really need to fight about this, lol. Let it go.

Looks amazing, great job on the project. Hopefully one day I can figure out how to make good 3ds objects as good as this.

...annnnd here's the answer!

.... I don't know right now. haha. Hopefully sometime in the next few weeks before I head back out to college in LA. I'm sure if I hunker down, I can bang the rest out in a few hours cause its just some minor touch up work.

Well oddly enough, asking when it was coming out sent me into workaholic mode on this thing. I spent a few hours on it today and I 'THINK' I can say the majority of it is done. I just now have to go through the entire thing inch by inch to brush up and/or fine tune anything that needs to be.

Well oddly enough, asking when it was coming out sent me into workaholic mode on this thing. I spent a few hours on it today and I 'THINK' I can say the majority of it is done. I just now have to go through the entire thing inch by inch to brush up and/or fine tune anything that needs to be.

Im awesome that way

If thats a good thing

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't given a progress update in a while, but I think it's time to due so and this one is worthy enough of letting all of whom are interested know. Well basically, I fly back out to college in LA in about 8 days so I'm trying to near completion on this thing.

And frankly, the ride has been sitting all done and finished for a couple weeks now in my NL folder. haha. The only problem is, I'm running on a Mac (Which anybody who has kept track of any of my previous projects might know) and recently ran into a problem with my Windows Partition/Bootcamp/VMWare Fusion. Actually the problem occurred a couple weeks ago when I brought it in when I had a problem with iTunes (Totally unrelated to NL I know, but its related to the story about the root of the problem at hand). Well the guy at the Genius Bar had to create a new account on my iMac and tranfer everything on my old account to my new account. In the process, after getting home and trying to open Windows/VMware, I realized that although my iTunes was now working, my Windows Partition had become corrucpted and thus I lost everything (Meaning all 3DS files that were works in progress, Tia's Obj Creator, textures, you name it). Luckily I DID keep backups of all of these, except Obj Creator and 3DS files, on my external HD.

Well the good news is that I had already finished all the 3DS for Turaco so I wasn't all that distraught. Now the problem is I have to bring it in to the Genius Bar again sometime within the next 8 days so I can fix the windows issue and THEN finally Package this thing up in the NL packager and then send it out for a couple tests, make any needed changes, and then FINALLY release it. I could always bring it to a Genius Bar out in LA, but trust me, it'll be a lot easier to get it done BEFORE I head back into the stressful world of college courses and the totally distracting college social life and parties.

Sorry this project has taken so long. I've been taking a bunch of difficult summer courses lately at some local universities near home so I haven't been totally focused on this, but clearly school work comes WELL before No Limits work! The good news here is that I just recently took my finals so the classes are all finished up so now I can focus on leisurely/spare time things such as this.

Well that's the status as of now. Hopefully I can have this thing up, out, and released before my classes start at college the 31st. I'll give another status update in due time.

^ Nah. No testers yet. I'm not one of those NL people who have my usual testers so to speak. I'll let anyone do it just as long as they don't screw me over or provide constructed criticism. I've had some bad testers in the past that I don't really want to go into, but all I'm looking for in a tester is one that will give me a nitpicking-extreme-criticism review that really points out everything or anything you see wrong with it that I don't.

But yea, I'll let everyone know when the Testing phase comes around though.

I have an appointment tomorrow at the Apple Genius Bar. I'm hoping everything can get squared away right there quickly so I can quickly get back to work and pump this thing out.

EDIT: Went in today and everything is fixed! Bad news is I've got start basically packing up my life to head back out to college in LA now. Fly out Monday so I'll give you all a progress update when something substantial happens.

Alright here we go....

Most of you might already know, I'm running NL on a Mac. I have Windows Vista on here too run thru 'VMWare Fusion' so I can run both at the same time. Anyway, I have the Track Packager obviously on the windows end, but it says it can't find the "Root Folder" when I go to open up the Packager. I located the NL folder on my Mac going through the Windows Track Packager but it won't let me choose it. I have to open a file and I don't really know how I will since this is the Mac version of NL so it's all different apps and all.

Anyone know anything about how to fix this situation. I just need to package the thing up and it would be RIDICULOUS to email ALL the files to someone because its a ton and it'll probably be over the size limit for my email at least. Thanks