TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

From the creator of "Serenity" and "Drachen Fire 1992/1998" I announce TURACO! My latest roller coaster design created in No Limits! Turaco is actually the name of a South African tropical bird known for its unique vibrant pigments and its agility to clamber about the trees in which it lives in. I’ve been working on this design for a while now. It’s a Vekoma Flyer/Flying Dutchman that is heavily themed and features some unique elements not yet seen on a flying coaster before. While it is not the tallest or biggest of its kind, with such features like fog-filled tunnels, ground-hugging maneuvers, and graceful yet disorienting elements, this coaster is sure to get anyone’s adrenaline pumping!

Ride Facts:

Lift Height: 114ft

Elevation Change: 143ft

Track Length: 2943ft

Top Speed: 58mph

Inversions: 4

Ride Time: 1:50

Max -G (Flying Position): 3.3g

Max +G (Non-Flying Position): 3.6g

Elements (In Order):

- Back Dive

- Half Roll

- Outside Raven Turn

- Inside Raven Turn

- Lie to Fly Turn

- Rollover

- Vertical Loop

- Helix

For more information and pics visit the NLDC page here: http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p5385

AND CHECK OUT THE TRAILER HERE:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^No Limits Development Center (NLDC) is basically a place that allows you to create an account that you can upload images of NL coasters to while you are working on them. You can provide a description of the coaster, what type it is, what stage of construction it is in (Planning, In Progress, On Hold, Abandoned, Abandoned - Available in the Scrapyard, Almost Done, Done - Not Yet Available, and Done - Available) and etc. The site is http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/.

Also, I would think that it is fine, since you aren't trying to leech users to your forum from TPR, and and R&E have allowed us to do it for the entire life of the site.

Also, I would think that it is fine, since you aren't trying to leech users to your forum from TPR, and and R&E have allowed us to do it for the entire life of the site.

Yes. That's fine. We just doesn't want people posting a thread saying "go here to see my pics," etc.

Obviously, using photobucket, imageshack, etc. is fine.

^^^ DBru, you're fine. You've been here long enough.

^ Yes. Posting links to Youtube is fine. With the roll out of TPR TV in the near future, it may not be necessary.

It may not be ideal for you but if mcjaco has allowed it, why can't he link to those websites?

^ Yeah but adding a picture or 2 in the first post to show the ride would improve these threads substantially. Then you can use the link for those who are interested to see more.

This one do look pretty good. Can't wait to download it

I'll try and make everyone happy here. 1st: Takes note, the coaster is NOT done yet. This means that what you see in the pictures, and also the trailer, is NOT the final product (It was far enough along however that I felt like I could show/make the trailer without huge parts of ride missing like supports or substantial scene elements). The pics only show the progress of the ride thus far. I usually do extensive OCD like testing of the ride until as far as I and the testers can tell, nearly everything is in order before I release it. However, I do highly encourage criticism and critique because that will only make the coaster a better experience for all who download it. So in short to answer your question coastb2, yes I know the supports are not finished yet and need a bunch of work but thanks for pointing it out though!

Anyway, 2nd: Here's the embedded Youtube video trailer of it:

And 3rd: Here are some pics, which are pretty self-explanatory.

Any other questions or concerns though, whether it's here in the forum or by way of a PM, don't hesitate to throw my way.

tdf.jpg.08286f4f4668e5a13c1038c430bfc770.jpg

664-43100-lg.jpg.1ed60793f8ae94e6c082ec2706abb4b0.jpg

664-43093-lg.jpg.fc3b5eabd3350ac6569fb3522928d589.jpg

664-43092-lg.jpg.f3a79cdd2113591641669423c35341f2.jpg

You guys are so lazy. Just click the links. The video's really cool, and the ride looks spectacular. Great detail and use of terrain and vegetation.

They're not lazy, just trying to make the Game Forum full of quality threads. I appreciate it guys.

As for the coaster, I'm not sure what I was more amazed by. The trailer or the coaster itself! Great job!

• 2 months later...

Quick progress update. If you've visited the NLDC page for this ride anytime in the last 10 days, I'm sure you might've read the little fiasco I ran into.

Everything's going great now though. I'm calling the 3DS officially done. I had some ideas, but they would not have an affect on the ride experience and I didn't feel like going overboard, like what I did with Serenity. It's detailed, but MUCH more simplistic than Serenity. To finish it up, I just added benches and lamp posts around the area. A couple pics are below to show you.

Track wise..... I'm going through and smoothing it out. I've had to do numerous reprofiles from scratch to get the result I wanted. I can't stand it when a node on continuous roll with different handle lengths creates that slight "kink" in the track. UGH! Anyway, slowly working through that. Only have a few more problem spots to work out and then the track is done.

After that, I just have to work on the supports some. Then I guess send it to some testers before finally working out the last kinks.

t2.jpg.996a987f02e67224c85583ca31ed7088.jpg

T1.jpg.57ddc1df33d4c8e595480fd8917a717a.jpg

Heres to hoping this ride has improved trackwork over your last few. You obviously have some skills in 3d modeling, texturing and video editing. But your trackwork has never been too hot.

Vekoma Flyers, not that easy!

Track wise..... I'm going through and smoothing it out. I've had to do numerous reprofiles from scratch to get the result I wanted. I can't stand it when a node on continuous roll with different handle lengths creates that slight "kink" in the track. UGH!

There is an easy fix...always work with track segments that have similar lengths. Or split track segments so they become similar.

Or, AHG your track to have like 10ft segments, then reprofile and bank as needed. Make sure the filter isnt very high either to retain your original track shaping.

^ That's what I've been doing. Splitting segments until I get a similar length. It's tedious, but it's getting the job done.

I just had to COMPLETELY reconstruct the vertical loop because I had been tinkering with it for a couple days and just couldn't get it so I deleted the whole element and rebuilt it and now have it. Now I have to move on to the helix and after that, just have to work on a couple nodes here and there that have had ongoing issues.

• 1 month later...

^ barely. haha.

I've been distracted with other things going on so I haven't really been focused on getting this done as a top priority. Based on what is left to do... there are only 2 things: Fix up the supports, and do the last bit of track smoothing. After that... it's pretty much done.