TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Haunt Auditions Are Back!

^^ I think if you are going to be a Haunt monster, there is absolutely NO excuse for breaking character. You are creating an environment and you are responsible for its success. At no moment should that employee had said 'I need to take a break' in a normal voice. You don't hear Mickey Mouse asking for a break, do you? I think you should treat your job equally as seriously.

If you cant do your seasonal part time job for a few hours in a row without taking a break than you shouldn't be there. At the very least, have a professional 'code' indicating you need a break without the GP having any indication.

Chris.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been attending haunt for four years, and love some of the monsters. There is some monsters that will not be axed. (I am guessing only Brent, because of TPA and maybe Joey will know any of these names) If Lucifer,the werewolf leaves, The Bride, the Witch, The Queen, and any of the character that make Haunt haunt, many people including me will be against it. Knott's is a little to family friendly, and some stuff is just terrible (VEGAS) but mazes like the Asylum, the Doll Factory, and Corn Stalkers are amazing each year, and I liked slaughter house and quarantine as well. There are so many ways the even need to improve, however. The mazes need to be intense, shocking, and somewhat repulsive. I love the overall atmosphere of the Asylum particularly, but also all the previously mentioned mazes. There have even been 3d mazes I have enjoyerd (BRING BACK MALICE IN WUNDERLAND) but I must say that Knotts has been making a lot of improvement in the last few years in terms of mazes, but the streets do need quite a bit of work, as I have not gotten a great street scare in a long time.

Joey, what maze/scarezone do you generally call home, and do you play a specific character? meaning, What is your haunt nickname?

Also, they should try letting in smaller groups of people into the mazes at a time. It's much less scary when it's "The Line Maze" as opposed to a group of people just endlessly wandering through... Anyone who has been at the front, or the back of a group knows what I'm talking about!

I know all too well what you're talking about. It's a much better experience when you aren't stuck behind someone. It leaves room for running away!

I'm one of the guests that FitchCoaster mentioned when he said some get scared when the monsters talk. It just adds to the experience, like it's been said. But then again, I do scare super easily

^^ I think if you are going to be a Haunt monster, there is absolutely NO excuse for breaking character. You are creating an environment and you are responsible for its success. At no moment should that employee had said 'I need to take a break' in a normal voice. You don't hear Mickey Mouse asking for a break, do you? I think you should treat your job equally as seriously.

I completely agree, 100%. But never once have I ever seen that occur. I've never seen a monster break character, but I realize that some people on here have. That should not happen and I know that it is an amateur mistake and needs to be fixed. That truly screams bad show.

IThere is some monsters that will not be axed. (I am guessing only Brent, because of TPA and maybe Joey will know any of these names) If Lucifer,the werewolf leaves, The Bride, the Witch, The Queen, and any of the character that make Haunt haunt, many people including me will be against it.

That won't happen. The Talent Captains (who I'll assume will be in charge of the auditions) know there potential and what an impact they have on Haunt, which will heavily weigh in on their desicion. I can assure you that we won't lose any classic character.

---Brent

IThere is some monsters that will not be axed. (I am guessing only Brent, because of TPA and maybe Joey will know any of these names) If Lucifer,the werewolf leaves, The Bride, the Witch, The Queen, and any of the character that make Haunt haunt, many people including me will be against it.

That won't happen. The Talent Captains (who I'll assume will be in charge of the auditions) know there potential and what an impact they have on Haunt, which will heavily weigh in on their desicion. I can assure you that we won't lose any classic character.

And this is why I think Haunt could be considered better than most haunts out there. These classic characters have become such staples to the event that people go to the park EXPECTING their favorites to be there ("That Girl" from Doll Factory, Lucifer, The Bride, etc.). My friends that don't get all of this 'insider' information and don't bother reading back-stories still some back to Haunt every year saying, "I hope we see 'That Girl'", or "Remember last year when The Witch chased me?" This is how Haunt defines itself, by letting the talent be creative and defining their characters. Going back to the main topic, this is why I support auditions in the first place, because I feel that the individual personalities of the monsters are what gives the event itself personality.

^ Well, my friends (who all mostly fall in the GP category) all recognize the 'icons' of the park. I even hear kids I don't know in my school talking about some of the more popular characters. So I'd say the average guest would expect to see the stand-outs every year.

Perhaps it's just me and my constant rambling of Haunt through the months of September and November that "spreads the word", but I doubt that's the case.

In all fairness, there are some great people associated with Haunt and they legitimately try to put on the best show possible night in, night out. People who are straight HHN to Knott's converts, I don't believe are able to completely appreciate the difference between the two, there is a very different feel to each event and that is intentional. Haunt, has long been known for the personality of it's characters and the event itself as a whole. Unfortunately, humans are creatures of habit and we tend to compare one experience in relation to how it stacks up vs another. Unfortunately for Haunt it was never intended to be and never will be HHN, it's not as "serious" an event as Universal's, the realism of the two events are light years away from one another. You really need to go to Knott's with a completely different mindset than to Universal, at Universal they will bring the scares to you, your really not going to have to do much work, at Haunt however it's kind of like the Nightmare before Christmas just a village full of crazy, creepy crawlies running around, but it's up to you, to interact and involve yourself in this world Knott's has created.

^ I agree.

I'm very sure that Knott's does take Haunt seriously. But as you said, it's a different atmosphere that I feel cannot be compared, nor should it be.

And the monsters do in fact scare, it's not like the public's task is to go looking for a good scare. It comes to them. They do their jobs very well.

I think what she's trying to say is that HHN is more than just a "get scared by a monster sliding/popping out/etc" event, whereas Haunt is largely dependent upon that. There's nothing wrong with either type of scare.

You think someone can give their all every single night working four nights of Haunt a week and their regular jobs at the same time? You really are to damn picky.

---Brent

EDIT:

Call me crazy, but I actually like the interactivity from the monsters at Knott's. By no means do I think that a monster should break character in the middle of a maze to 'have a chat', but I love that fact that some monsters interact with the guests while still remaining in character. I know some people that actually get even more scared when a monster tries to speak to them!

You're not crazy, I feel the exact same way! I think it adds something else to the event and makes you appreciate it more as a whole and makes you appreciate the monster individually.

Another one in agreement here. I feel the same way as well. (Even though Brent already knew that). I LOVE haunt, and I feel that the interaction with guests makes it even more awesome. I have never seen any monster out of character either. I always look forward to talking to the monsters, and I hope that aspect of Haunt never, ever changes. BTW, to stay on topic, I like the idea that auditions are being brought back.

----Antonio"already awaiting Haunt"G.

I think what she's trying to say is that HHN is more than just a "get scared by a monster sliding/popping out/etc" event, whereas Haunt is largely dependent upon that. There's nothing wrong with either type of scare.

True, but for me it's like comparing Friday the 13th to the Exorcist, I've been scared by both films, but the Exorcist stuck with me, haunts me to this day, I still have nightmares about that stupid movie. And I think that's the difference between Haunt and Horror Nights, one is shocksploitation, and the other is genuine terror that lasts much longer than one night.

Now I'll stop harassing the Haunt lovers and rest for a while .

-Jake "Can't wait for October!" Sundstrom

True, but for me it's like comparing Friday the 13th to the Exorcist, I've been scared by both films, but the Exorcist stuck with me, haunts me to this day, I still have nightmares about that stupid movie. And I think that's the difference between Haunt and Horror Nights, one is shocksploitation, and the other is genuine terror that lasts much longer than one night.

Nice simile, that's pretty much how I feel about the difference between HHN & Haunt. Haunt though, also has a very "home-made" feel to it (which I love). From the monster interaction (in character of course) to the "regular" actors, Knott's just has an overall different vibe.