TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Extreme Head Choppers

Well i have noticed some head choppers that are really intense but i can manage to keep my hands up. Although there are some that scare me like....

-Gemini- the head chopper coming into the third turn after the lift. That dip is adjacent to the first drop and i belive it is on the Blue train.

-S: UF- I always try to stick my hands straght out to the side when going threw the supports but My arms are never in a complete line.

Phyclone- also sticking my arms out to the side.

I know the ride op's say "keep your arms and legs inside the car" so are these safe to test or should I not try.

What are your experiences.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a few rides in England that definitely had some choppers that were pretty scary.

I think the Wild Mouse in Blackpool has a very close clearance on the lift.

Besides that I actually managed to hit a plant on the Collosus at Thorpe park on the final barrel roll... I gotta say that really surprised me...

Seriously though the tunnel on the Twister 2 at Elitch gardens still scares the crap out of me. I have never managed to keep my hands up on that. Just really really scares me... :shock:

There were a few rides in England that definitely had some choppers that were pretty scary.

I think the Wild Mouse in Blackpool has a very close clearance on the lift.

Besides that I actually managed to hit a plant on the Collosus at Thorpe park on the final barrel roll... I gotta say that really surprised me...

Seriously though the tunnel on the Twister 2 at Elitch gardens still scares the crap out of me. I have never managed to keep my hands up on that. Just really really scares me... :shock:

LOL yeah the Wildmouse at Blackpool you have NO CHOICE but to duck if you want to keep your head if your over 6ft

Phyclone- also sticking my arms out to the side.

While putting your hands in the air is pretty acceptable, holding your hands out the side could prove to be VERY hazardous to your digit count. Never try that on a portable Anton coaster.

I personally like the coasters with REAL headchoppers. You hit trees and leaves on the WG Cyclone and Waldameer Comet without even trying.

Stampida - 1st drop going under the wooden structure is quite extreme

Balder - near the end of the ride on mental double airtime hills under the structure. (Myself being 6ft5 tall and hands fully up hit a plank on mine 1st ride :? )

Python - exiting the 2nd loop and nearly hitting a tree.

As for grabbing grass ect, On Inferno its way to easy nearly took a tree out one's oppes

On Mine Train Ulven at Bakken it is quite possible to smack your arm on a tree branch on the first drop, as I did it every time I rode. I've also hit my hand on another piece of track at Bellewaerde on Keverbaan. Other than that all the headchoppers I've been on have been listed.

Whizzer has SOOO many places where you can grab trees or touch the ground. On Kumba if you try to touch the ground in the final heliz, you'll get a shock because all the ststic discharges through your fingers. On Cheetah Chase you can touch the track on the 3rd turn from the lift, and on the final drop you can hit the crossbeam and it hurts!

Colin C

Gemini...I think that's been established already

Storm Runner: Going down the first drop, theres a tree branch sticking out that looks like it will smack you...

Zues, Hades, Cyclops: Since Zues, Cyclops, and Hades are all intertwined, you get some nice headchoppers on any of em. Of course Cyclops has the best ones cuz your getting ejected out of your seat and into them...

As for grabbing, I got some leaves on shake,rattle, and roll at PKI. Its not a coaster, but yeah...You get pretty close to the ground on HP's mine coaster, so you can probabbly grab the grass during the last helix...

I remember someone at Westcoaster mentioning that they hit their hands on the Log Jammer track while riding Gold Rusher (SFMM). Left their hand all black and blue too.

Personally, I've only managed to hit my hand on one of the plants growing around Poison Ivy's Twisted Train at SFNE.

I personally like the coasters with REAL headchoppers. You hit trees and leaves on the WG Cyclone and Waldameer Comet without even trying.

You can do the same thing on The Legend at Arnolds Park. You can literally high five the trees on some hills, the airtime is so extreme.

Probably my favorite choppers on a steelie is Mamba at WOF. Just a great illusion of closeness as you go through the helix.