TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CoasterSims.com no more?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

This could be a bad thing for NL sales, and potential future NL2 sales. Although user made coasters can be downloaded from various sites, including TPR of course, I think CS had a much larger library of coasters to download than anywhere else (unless I am missing something, then let me know). Making coasters is just one reason to buy NL. But riding other people's creations and sharing your own are other huge reasons.

What are the chances of NL2 having an integrated coaster sharing feature? That would be so cool.

This could be a bad thing for NL sales, and potential future NL2 sales. Although user made coasters can be downloaded from various sites, including TPR of course, I think CS had a much larger library of coasters to download than anywhere else (unless I am missing something, then let me know). Making coasters is just one reason to buy NL. But riding other people's creations and sharing your own are other huge reasons.

www.CoasterCrazy.com

That site was full of people stuck up their own arses. Anything that wasn't made with AHG was instantly slated as "too rough"..

I understand where you are coming from. CS was notorious for being home to many snobs who expected you to be a professional mathematician or physicist before they would ever consider riding your coaster or say anything good about it. I often refer to them as the pump queens. Some of which have coasters that are admittedly among my favorites. Over time I just learned to ignore their attitude and just enjoy the coasters only. But I think it was this snobbery that was part of the reason their attendance was rapidly decreasing over last few years, as evident by the decrease in uploaded coasters each week. There has been less prey for the vultures to feed on.

That site was full of people stuck up their own arses. Anything that wasn't made with AHG was instantly slated as "too rough"..

I understand where you are coming from. CS was notorious for being home to many snobs who expected you to be a professional mathematician or physicist before they would ever consider riding your coaster or say anything good about it. I often refer to them as the pump queens. Some of which have coasters that are admittedly among my favorites. Over time I just learned to ignore their attitude and just enjoy the coasters only. But I think it was this snobbery that was part of the reason their attendance was rapidly decreasing over last few years, as evident by the decrease in uploaded coasters each week. There has been less prey for the vultures to feed on.

I was what you consider an "active member" over on CS. I rated pretty much all the coasters I downloaded and offered high quality feedback to help improve the quality of the coasters being posted. Just because some people take criticism harder than others does not give anyone the right to take the piss out of what was once "the" place to go for coasters. There were so many great coasters posted there, including some of the most complex coasters i've ever seen. Expedition WeeForce by Redunzelizer being just one of many. Not only were the majority of coasters posted of high quality, but the members were all great members of the community and respected others.

The rates that were given to my rides are what got me to where I am now. If it wasn't for the ratings many members on coastersims recieved then some of the great designers might not have been as good as they are now. Feedback helps to develop people and helps them to better themselves as individuals. Thats why the coasters on CS were of a much higher quality than some of those posted on other sites. People just need to learn to take criticism. Either that or just don't post your rides there. If you can't take it, don't join. It's as simple as that.

There are reasons for the rating guidlines and rules on the forums, there are agreements in the US called COPPA. I'm sure most members here know about that and what it's for. Without these rules many members would be subject to cursing, abuse and alsorts of nonsense. So there are reasons for every single rule that is put into place.

Many people are going to miss coastersims, I know for one that I will. It was a great site that really helped me to develop my skills. It got me into custom supporting, and now i'll happily custom support any rollercoaster, even woodies. It helped me to become aquainted with tool building and the AHG as well as learn about some many other things, such as pumping and tunnel testing. That site helped me to learn a lot about NoLimits coaster and it helped NoLimits to further itself.

There are no other communitites like it that had Interviews with Ole and many special features. So when people say good riddence it winds me up. Those people need to grow up. You'll be seeing CS soon enough...

^ I agree, that site did a lot for NoLimits users like ourselves. Nearly all the additional NL hoopla and crap originated there and people should remember that. Maybe the community didn't suit you much, but so what. If you didn't like it, you should have hopped to Coastercrazy.com instead, simple as.

Just because your at odds with something doesn't mean you have to damn it to hell.

For the record, I didn't say every CS member was a snob. But I can describe the type of members to which I am referring. From the description, you can probably guess exactly who I am describing, but I will not mention names.

One of my favorite coaster makers was also one of the most harshest in his reviews and on the boards (and I'm talking about other peoples coasters, not mine. I've only uploaded a couple and he never reviewed mine). His coasters were always superior technically, and with the extra added 3DS. Yet, if another person uploaded a coaster with good 3DS and even a good technical layout, he would always rant about how people use too much 3DS. So although he was a superior coaster designer, and well liked by the "inner circle" I'm sure, he was also blatantly hypocritical, especially to those not in the inner circle.

Then you have the types that tell others they don't know how to rate correctly. Now that's a kick in the pants. Not only does someone not know how to build a technical masterpiece as mr coaster god, but they don't know how to rate. Apparently, you have meet certain qualifications to give your opinion on what you liked, or didn't.

I believe most members just wanted to be able to enjoy other peoples coasters, offer their opinion, and were quite capable of taking constructive criticism. But if any were like me, they got tired of much of the attitude that came with the criticisms. Countless time I have read reviews of other people coasters, and see mr. coaster god say to them "shame on you for that one vertex that was not placed properly, no excuse. I'm deducting 5 from BT just for that and I'm being generous." Um, yeah. . . that was real helpful. Welcome to our friendly community.

One of my favorite coaster makers was also one of the most harshest in his reviews and on the boards (and I'm talking about other peoples coasters, not mine. I've only uploaded a couple and he never reviewed mine). His coasters were always superior technically, and with the extra added 3DS. Yet, if another person uploaded a coaster with good 3DS and even a good technical layout, he would always rant about how people use too much 3DS. So although he was a superior coaster designer, and well liked by the "inner circle" I'm sure, he was also blatantly hypocritical, especially to those not in the inner circle.

That my friend, is the EXACT defenition of polishcoaster13 (A.K.A. Coasterkidmwm, or Matt..). He's a know it all pr!ck IMO.

^^I second that, polishcoaster13 was definitely pretty rude. As I mentioned before, the 3D models of coasters I make with balsa wood and wire were absolutely torn apart by the people on CS. I don't want to sound soft by any means, but after you spend hundreds of hours on a project like that built from scratch and every single person on there says how it looks like sh*t, it kind of hurts a little. The only reason I went on CS so much was to download the coasters they have to offer.