TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Speedos

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on where you're at. In the states you can get away with wearing both; in Europe if you want to go to a water park or pool, you must wear a speedo. But it's not as big a deal here as it is in Europe... we're just prudes.

As far as looks go, you have to look damned good to get away with it. There's many people I DON'T want to see in a speedo... if you don't take care of your shape, cover it up... that goes for the ladies as well... one piece please! (can we get those turn-of-the-century outfits with the bonnets and ruffles?)

Terry "Look at that a$$" Weaver

^yeah, and in most "swimming halls" at least in Finland you have to wear 'speedos', mind you, you can also wear 'water shorts' etc. (for hygien purposes.), which look much nicer.

I guess what you mean by 'speedos' is the general 'briefs' type of swimwear (as Speedo is a manufacturer and makes lots of other swim related products), and yes I can see why that would be funny in some cases, but as I'm used to seeing them, personally I don't find them that funny, well except in some cases, as the one pictured above, lol.

I second what Terry said.

Seriously, speedos, bananahammock, swimming briefs...are usually never worn by people who should be wearing them. Unless you have a good body, they are just wrong.

Just like it looks wrong for women who are of a certain age/size shouldnt be wearing a 2 piece/bikini.

old-breast-implants.jpg.034985588d5beb30006b69e72aa22097.jpg

Guy in speedo/old lady w a botched boob job...which is worse??

Guy in speedo/old lady w/a botched boob job...which is worse??

Let's see...

One from Column A and one from Column B?

And - what Terry just posted, lol.

This thread makes me feel nauseated. Can we please stop posting gross pictures of people who don't belong in Speedos wearing Speedos?

Dan - Somebody's gonna post pictures of people who don't belong in Speedos wearing Speedos right beneath mine - Nguyen

Here in Europe, Speedos are seen everywhere at the pools and beaches. Even though they aren't mandatory (Except at Walibi's Belgiums waterpark) many people still wear there.

Here are some rules that would make seeing someone in a speedo not as bad:

1.) Please don't be over 50

2.) Please show no hair (If you know what I mean)

3.) Please do not have any outlines

4.) Don't be 'excited'

I have seen all of these while living in Germany. And many of these cause many nightmares...

--James

I know I'm in the minority, but I just don't care either way. It's not like the guy from the first page gives me an erection, but I'm no where near disgusted by him. Same with saggy boob job on this page, does nothing for me, but doesn't bother me. More power to them if that is what they so choose to wear.

As far as looks go, you have to look damned good to get away with it. There's many people I DON'T want to see in a speedo... if you don't take care of your shape, cover it up... that goes for the ladies as well... one piece please! (can we get those turn-of-the-century outfits with the bonnets and ruffles?)

See this is entirely to superficial to me. Who are you to tell other people to cover up just because you don't want to see it (and please don't take this as a personal attack as this is far bigger then you or anyone on this board alone) as much it pains some people, it does get some people off and you know what that's what matters in the end, not getting the approval of everyone, but that one special person who wants to see your hairy crack in a speedo lol!

All that said, I would never wear one myself. I don't even like the fact I have to take off my clothes to shower let alone going out in only a bananahammock (lol I love that term)

I know I'm in the minority, but I just don't care either way. It's not like the guy from the first page gives me an erection, but I'm no where near disgusted by him. Same with saggy boob job on this page, does nothing for me, but doesn't bother me. More power to them if that is what they so choose to wear.

See this is entirely to superficial to me. Who are you to tell other people to cover up just because you don't want to see it (and please don't take this as a personal attack as this is far bigger then you or anyone on this board alone) as much it pains some people, it does get some people off and you know what that's what matters in the end, not getting the approval of everyone, but that one special person who wants to see your hairy crack in a speedo lol!

All that said, I would never wear one myself. I don't even like the fact I have to take off my clothes to shower let alone going out in only a bananahammock (lol I love that term)

I'm also afraid to go to the beach, I won't go swimming because I won't take my shirt off. I'm too self conscious and reasons such as those are kind of the reason I'm afraid to. I'm not fat, but I'm not thin, I'm 'average' but that's sure not how I feel.

So a Speedo would be no. And, i'd kind of feel like I was swimming in my old Sonic the Hedgehog briefs that I used to wear backwards so I wouldn't 'toot' on him....

TMI? =]

Like said before, here in Europe, Speedos are totally normal, they are no sign of sexual orientation.

I prefer Board-shorts, but when visiting a public pool or for most of the waterparks here in Europe, you have to wear Speedos, so for us Europeans it´s hard to understand why the Americans have such a problem with them!

Why you jumping on me? The entire conversation is superficial!

You wear wear what you want to; my opinion never stops anyone. If you look a mess, you look a mess. Period. (Please refer to the picture that was previously posted)

Terry "Eyes still burning from going out yesterday and seeing wrinkly 55 yr old men in leather and jockstraps" Weaver

I'm wondering what you searched to find those pictures.

I unfortunately received a chain letter w that lady's pictures all over it. If you do a google image search, old woman with boob job in bikini...I think that will bring her lovely image up.

In return for that picture, the sender got this:

methmouth_image_02.jpg.19bb51e052e73b661514af249e0de870.jpg

A meth mouth, the stuff nightmares are made of.