TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Flashback at SFMM

Hey

I've been reading this forum for a long time and about SFMM's, well erm.... crappiness!

And i've just wondered why the heck haven't Six Flags decided to remove the pile of scrap metal known as Flashback I mean the ride look's appalling, is never operating and is a waste of space.

If Six Flags are so mad about the record of most coasters in a park, why can't they just replace it with something cheap and fun such as a Wild Mouse or a Wildcat. Both fun, reliable coasters which are both reliable.

If half of the problem is noise surely the park could just enclose the ride? Or move it somewhere else in the park, it is clearly a travelling coaster as it was in two parks before SFMM under the name "Z-Force"

Anyway please share your opinions, and put any future news of the ride here in this topic!

I want to know what is going to happen to it in the near future.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked it when it first opened. Nobody else really did so it always had a short line. It was also in a REALLY bad spot. The only time it would ever get a line was in the pre-Hurricane Harbor days when that section was still the lake and they did the Batman nightime show there. People would go on Flashback while other people waited in line for the show.

I miss that night show, it was actually pretty good.

They should sell it to a traveling fair or something. It would be perfect for that.

is that Intamins only 4- person across roller coaster.

Batman The Escape, the twin at LaRonde are4-across as well. Also don't forget the EuroStar, which was Giovanola/INTAMIN .. but then again .. pretty much all INTAMIN's prior to 2000 were Giovanola built.

The problem with Flashback is that its not worth it to run it. You can't really blame SFMM for closing it due to financial cost. But, they should remove it. I for one would actually like to see it fixed up and re-opened. A SFHH expainsion would be nice too. Perhaps in the Press Release for this new coaster at SFMM they will announce what is to happen to Flashback.

Michael"Dreams of Flashback Running again"Thomas

When I was at Magic Mtn yesterday, I saw a Please Excuse our mess sign on Flashbacks entrance. So they're doing something to it! I really hope Flashback takes the same path Drachen Fire at BGW took. Flashback makes Psyclone and Manhurtin Express B&M Smooth! :shock: They still have Flashback because they are tied with Cedar Point for having it! I say surrender Cedar Point the record, Destroy Flashback and add a Giant Huss Frisbee!

Kevin"Stupid Flashback hogging up space "Bujold

^ Flashback doesn't take up that much space, but it's stupid for SFMM to advertise that they have 16 coasters when one is pretty much down for good. (I saw a commercial a couple of nights ago---"With 16 heart-pounding coasters..." Though "head pounding" might be closer for some of them.)

SFMM ought to just move Flashback over next to Psyclone or put it in the remaining part of the Scream! lot or whatever. Hurricane Harbor can use the expansion room anyway.

Eric

When I rode it, everyone who was on the ride was actually grabbing their ears and moaning in pain. Its the roughest ride I've ever been on (Psyclone being closed that day), including any Arrow or Vekoma. The ride was good in concept, and if you could rework some of the tracking or do something to make it not bat your head to death, it'd be a fun ride. It'd be fun to see one of Arrow's inverted mice things there (forgot what they were called its been so long).

I think Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom would make a great home for Flashback. They could take out the Top Eliminator Dragsters and put it there. It is short enough to make SFKK height limit and doesn't take up a lot of space.

The reason why SFMM put up the "Please Excuse our Mess" sign/big ass peice of wood. Infront of it, its because they turned that little building to the left of it into a Season Pass place. They must not want people to wonder into Flashbacks unsupervised queue.

_six

I will agree with Elissa that a lap bar only setup would improve Flashback 100%. Premier did it to their coasters, why can't it be done with this one?

And while they're at it, fix Revolution, too, since it uses the same restraints.

Eric