TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Funny Things That Go Unnoticed

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I cannot for the life of me find the picture of it right now, Timber Wolf at Worlds of Fun has a sign at its entrance saying "Extreme vibrations and roughness are a nature of this ride. Do not be alarmed."

You know you're in for a treat when they warn you at the entrance to a ride. I've been on worse though...

I find it funny how all of the ride gates at SFMM now say "DANGER-HIGH VOLTAGE", no matter what the gate fences off.

I wanted to use that one Riddler's has those all over its queue, and honestly, the previous ones made more afraid of wanting to jump in there

Though I cannot for the life of me find the picture of it right now, Timber Wolf at Worlds of Fun has a sign at its entrance saying "Extreme vibrations and roughness are a nature of this ride. Do not be alarmed."

You know you're in for a treat when they warn you at the entrance to a ride. I've been on worse though...

I noticed that too, so I had to take a picture.

One of my favorite things is in the safety video for Soarin' Over California. Patrick Warburton says something along the lines of put all your personal belongings in the pouch underneath your seats. Then he points to a guy wearing Mickey Mouse ears and says even those little beauties. The guy wearing the ears reluctantly takes his mouse ears off to reveal a huge bald spot that was covered by the hat.

It's at the 1:21 mark in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poggI9whhtc

I posted this before in another thread...but found this a bit appropriate for a Vekoma ride... It really was meant to say something else but the word after "Ear" (Ring perhaps?) wore off or got peeled off.

Here's a close up of it which I took last summer. They even spelled "earrings" wrong. Can't blame Cedar Fair for this one because I remember this from the Paramount days.

• 7 months later...

At one point in the queue video for Silver Bullet the program says, "Line jumper will be dealt with worse than claim jumpers, and you know what we do to them." I've worked there for a while now, and still have no clue what we do to claim jumpers.

Also on the Silver Bullet queue video the program uses shotgun cocking and firing sounds effects... Shotguns use shells... not bullets.

On Twister II at Elitch Gardens in Denver, there's a pretty amusing sign telling you not to spit or throw missiles.

And, if you stand up (or swing your hand in the air) on Timber Mountain Log Ride at Knott's, a recording shouts, "sit down!"

missiles.jpg.e2061f3d3bf7020a4722aa24d5d812fc.jpg

No missiles.

I don't think it's throwing up from the fog effects. I think it's more to do with asthma and the chemicals in the fog.

I know because I have asthma and sometimes special effect fog makes it hard to breathe.

That's the picture for motion sickness---not fog effects. Hence the reason it's funny.

Funny thing about Xcelerator's video's I used to always point out when I was in dispatch is that the lapbars are squeaky clean in the video...the actual train, not so much.

Medusa (SFDK) has a sign at the top of the stairs saying it's a 30 minute wait from that point. A point that would be a 5-10 minute wait for any other B&M (save for flyers and maybe standups)

When Common says where the coordinance are in the Terminator preshow..."You're at Six Flags Magic Mountain"

When I got tracked at Knott's once for saying "[gun cocking noise] bang, enjoy your ride on Silver Bullet". If management thought making gun noises over the mic was inappropriate, isn't naming the ride after a bullet equally offensive? But of course most of you know how I feel about th fine rides department management at the Farm

BGW had one of the funniest endings for a safety spiel during DarKastle's first season. It played in the boarding area. A German-accented voice would go through the usual stuff ("hands inside the vehicle," etc.), but it used to end like this: "And be sure to obey the instructions of the castle attendants WITHOUT QUESTION!"

But they changed it--too authoritarian, I guess.