TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Charybdis & Scylla (COMPLETED - Download Page3) - [NL]

Just announcing my newest project on here. Charybdis & Scylla, a massive B&M Invert Dueler.

After my last project I wanted a challenge and this certainly has been. I started the track work back in August, and I've only just perfected the layout. It's far from finished, but I can definitely say I will finish it this summer, and I can't wait to get it out there.

The ride is themed to two great sea creatures from ancient Greek mythology, and can be read up on here. The theming process hasn't started yet, but the ideas are being put down already, so expect something soon.

To see how the ride has progressed check out my project page HERE.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

see...this is why you should post progress shots to TPR. That site you linked it down. Since you have only one shot on here that doesnt really strike my interest im no longer clicking on this thread after I select "submit"...

^ That site he linked to is usually very reliable and is used by hundreds of NL users. I think your being a bit harsh on him here.

I've been following it over at CS and I think it looks very good. Your previous ride have been of a very high quality and I'm sure this will be too.

The page is up the NLDC was down for one day, The link is NOT for another forum. The NLDevCenter is a place to put up progress pictures to save me re-uploading for every site. It's general practice on most NL sites to just post links to the pictures there! I didn't realise people were so anal about it on here!! I've put a lot of effort ride and I think it's extremely sad that some people won't even look at it due to something so petty. I can't believe you're 27!

But to keep you happy so you don't have to go through the effort of clicking on a link..

I think this has to be one of the better NL projects be built because your a putting a ton of effort and time into making this perfect. I think it is sweet that during the loops, one is going up the loop and the other descending. In real life that would trump dragons, IMO, because your going at each other while flipping. Awesome job, I cannot wait to see the finish product!

Will it be getting a greek theme?

How do you make two tracks? I know its one track, but how did you make two stations and build from there?

Ya but the way you built it, you could test the two tracks together, so you still built from the station(s) forward. I think its cool you can do that and I want to learn how to do it! I understand its all one big track, but I do not get how you did that from the start of the ride and not build one ride all the way through and then build the other.

• 3 weeks later...
see...this is why you should post progress shots to TPR. That site you linked it down. Since you have only one shot on here that doesnt really strike my interest im no longer clicking on this thread after I select "submit"...

It is one of the reasons why I don't look at half of the stuff in here. At work, most photo sharing websites are blocked, so I get these huge white boxes. Doesn't happen if they're uploaded to TPR. (hint, hint). Not to mention, the average attention span of someone on the internet is 10 seconds. 10 SECONDS! The chance people are going to click on links to see something when they've come here, is very slim.

I have no problem with using the DevCenter, but most of the time these threads die after a week, because no one updates them.

Oh yes, the ghost, I deleted your post as it didn't add anything to the conversation.

• 1 month later...

I've litterally just finished off the ride. I've checked through it and I'm happy, if there is anything I've missed please mention it. I will post more pictures if requested and a video will be up by the weekend.

Background

Scylla and Charybdis are two sea monsters of Greek mythology who were situated on opposite sides of the Strait of Messina between Sicily and Calabria, in Italy.The two sides of the strait are within an arrow's range of each other, so close that sailors attempting to avoid Charybdis will pass too close to Scylla and vice versa.

Scylla is the white coaster, a grotesque sea monster, with six long necks equipped with grisly heads, each of which contained three rows of sharp teeth. Her body consisted of twelve canine legs and a cat's tail. She smashed up boats that strayed too close to the rocks and ate the sailors.

Charybdis is the blue coaster. A giant whirlpool of helixes, that swallows all around it.

You must fight one, the choice is yours.

PLEASE NOTE:

The ride may not always be completely in sync ALL the time, esspecially if your frame rate is low. I've found it rides perfectly every few rides, so if it does seem off and it bothers you, reset.

This ride is mostly hand built.

Get the cartextures HERE. Ensure they are in the correct folder before riding.

Big thanks to Andre, Nathan and Loefet for their help and testing.

Enjoy and Rate

Charybdis & Scylla.nltrack

Track file.

charyposter4.jpg.d97b1330f4da84ae76fedda1f917b382.jpg

That was amazing, probably my new favorite track of all time. It was cool how parts of it were inspired by DD like the floater air part with the zero g underneath, but it was also extremely original. The support work seemed perfect, and the scenery looks awesome. The pacing was also kick ass! and there was an awesome story line that made perfect sense!

10/10