TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sweden Funland |RCT2|

First of all I'd like all of you to excuse my English. I don't believe I was meant to learn other languages even though I've really tried (thank you Firefox for spelling correction )

I'm also pretty new to RCT 2, but I think learning by doing is the best way of learning. I've done some work earlier but I don't think I've posted anything here. (correct me if I'm wrong)

But on to the park:

In Växjö*, a small city in southern Sweden, a new park is opening!

So far nothing major has come up, but a small entrance building is finished and track has been spotted!

No official announcements have been made yet but I sneak peaked a little and here are the result.

*Yes, I did pick a name most of you could never pronounce the city really exists though.

SCR3.BMP

an overview of the progress. a gift shop/restaurant can be seen on right hand side

SCR2.BMP

the spotted track. looks like B&M but nothing is certain

SCR1.BMP

The entrance building

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this looks very good for starters altough there's not much to see yet, the only I'd watch out for is making buildings not as blocky as the ones you have right now, its ok to have a few blocky buildings but not all of them. Keep it up and hurry on the red B&M because I'm very curious about it

Well for an RCT2 newbie, you seem to get the hang of it, just try to use diffrent types of flowers, and buschs. I like those buildings, but there a bit blocky, so I would try to fix them. The Concept for the coaster should be cool, right now I'm thinking of a mix between Hulk and Maverick. If it is then you rule

EDIT: I posted after the last update. It now looks more of an Intamin to be honest, but its still bad@$$, even in construction form

^^^The flowers are fixed (it'll show in a future update). the trains doesn't look like Intamin (Maverick) and if I remember correctly B&M said they wouldn't make any more coaster with launched lift hills.

^^thank you! but as you said; the train and track doesn't fit together.... what could it be?

^Thanks

Update 4:

The Marry-go-round is finished an looks ready for the opening. And a plot of land has been screened off. possibly yet another ride (sorry - no pics)

The coaster keep getting taller and taller. But it is still far from finished.... And still no leads of what it could be!

SCR11.BMP

another support in the opposite end of the extremely tiny building site. I honestly doubt it could bee a B&M. (I don't think I've told you; the construction site for the coaster is a mere 26x14 RCT2-tiles)

SCR10.BMP

A tall support structure near the entrance

SCR17.BMP

The carousel is complete! No spectacular scenery here... but that's kind of expected in a small Swedish park, right?

Considering this is one of your early parks I think it is really good.

With the B&M/Intamin roller coaster, I really like the colour scheme you have used, for some reason I feel that it suites the land.

Keep up the good work.

A lot has been done since last time. The coaster IS FINISHED!!!!

The unknown, unseen ride is also completed. Scroll down to the pictures and see what it is!

Sweden Funland is happy to announce: TURBO!

A one of a kind new prototype coaster from Vekoma, featuring a unique vertical swing-boost start! The ride begins with a swinging start, much like a Vekoma Big Air, gaining speed for every swing. Four or five times (depending on train/passenger weight) back and forth.

But the ride doesn't end there; next up is a 37 m tall top hat, over which the 8-car train is slowly dragged. The top hat ends where a completely vertical, twisting drop begins.

The last element of this extraordinary coaster is a so called dive-loop, standing 31,5 m tall. The train goes up, twists, turns up-side-down and plunges face first towards the ground!

The coaster runs 2 trains; one green and one yellow. Each with 8 cars and 4 passengers per car, for a total of 32 riders per train.

SCR19.BMP

What would a top spin be without the water effects? Oh! thats right; like every other top spin in Sweden (has been)

SCR18.BMP

The new flat: Lumberjack. A common Huss Top Spin.

SCR21.BMP

Turbo from another angle. It's tiny! Looks like a fun ride though

SCRt20.bmp

the layout of the new coaster "Turbo". Station building and queue has been started. Testing ought to begin any day now.

Thank you everyone!

^I wouldn't say I am a complete newbie I've owned the game for maybe a year... It's just that I've never posted anything here before.

^^I'm not very experienced with hacking. at least I don't identify myself as such... I just turned off all clearances and built the S-turn on top off the other track. The coaster works fine as long as it doesn't use block sections...

Thanks again! I must say that I'm really pleased with Turbo myself. I would gladly make a video of Turbo in action if I only knew how... Does anyone know?

An update should be up tomorrow (Friday 3rd). I'm just so swamped with school right now....

You can make video's with HyperCam2. Version 1.72 is free. It's about a 1/4 down the page. It's what I use anyway, there may be others out there.

http://www.hyperionics.com/hc/downloads.asp

Went into the games track design area today and made one, very interesting, never would have thought of that. NICE! Crashed it once when the 2nd train left the station before the 1st made it over the hill.

Can make a video of it for you if you wish, take me five minutes.

^Feel free to make as many videos of it as you like

Update: Theming of Turbo is finished. Due to limited foundations of the new park (and patience of the park builder ) it only received some neutral simple scenery. It turned out quite nice anyway, according to me!

They've also added a bumper cars ride and another restaurant. If I may say it myself I think the park overall has a nice cosy feeling to it.

SCRt37.bmp

a spy shot of a new ride!

269392319_Namnls.jpg.70670afe0315235300db9797091b1a8b.jpg

SCR32.BMP

An overview of the park so far

SCR33.BMP

The bumper cars and the new restaurant.

SCR29.BMP

Turbo stats. Yes, it is in Swedish but I hope you know the positions of the values. Any questions; just ask!)

SCR23.BMP

The scenery of Turbo

Here ya go, not an exact replica.

That would be illegal, and I'm to cheap to pay the fees involved with violating your rides copyrights.

I have been playing around with for a while but I think people will get the point. I can't belive it worked and worked so well. Your coaster is most likely going to be showing up in a park or two in the future.

GREAT RIDE!

I have NO IDEA why it showed up so BIG, sorry about that. If one of the higher powers around here can fix that, that would be great! It's only a little over 18mbs.

Well like magic it is now small. Thanks to whoever took care of that.

clip0005.avi

To see it full size "RIGHT" click on the player after you start the video and make it full screen.

Lalle555 - I have to agree with on the fact that the park is cosy, it has a nice feel to it.

I LOVE the supports on Turbo, they look awesome.

Your buildings are very good I have to admit, I quite like them.

Hope to see another update soon.