TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Marching band, anyone?

Here is a video my marching band (The University of Alabama Million Dollar Band) playing our most well know stand tune, "Basketcase" by Green Day.

We have videos from most games we have performed at going back to 2005 on our website http://mdb.ua.edu/bandinfo/video.php

My favorite shows since I have been in the MDB (2006) are The musicals of the Wizard of Oz show (2006 vs Hawaii), 60's and 70's show in 2007 (the Bands of America show, which also included most of our country show that year), Queen in 2008 (W. Kentucky game), and our Motown/Jackson 5/Michael Jackson show in 2009 (Virginia Tech). (We do a pre game show and 3 half time shows each year)

Enjoy college marching band man! BEST TIME of your LIFE!

Sadly though, Nothing beats the Auburn University Marching Band Wall of Sound®

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a video my marching band (The University of Alabama Million Dollar Band) playing our most well know stand tune, "Basketcase" by Green Day.

We have videos from most games we have performed at going back to 2005 on our website http://mdb.ua.edu/bandinfo/video.php

My favorite shows since I have been in the MDB (2006) are The musicals of the Wizard of Oz show (2006 vs Hawaii), 60's and 70's show in 2007 (the Bands of America show, which also included most of our country show that year), Queen in 2008 (W. Kentucky game), and our Motown/Jackson 5/Michael Jackson show in 2009 (Virginia Tech). (We do a pre game show and 3 half time shows each year)

Enjoy college marching band man! BEST TIME of your LIFE!

Sadly though, Nothing beats the Auburn University Marching Band Wall of Sound®

Any band with a TPR member beats all of them.

Wildstangalex is in there somewhere, he plays a trumpet.

This was my marching band from my junior year in high school. Dunno if any of you all are familiar with Holsinger... We went undefeated that year, not our best performance but it did alright. I was in colorguard, I was captain the year before this. We had some management changes and I didn't like the new choreographer and almost didn't do guard again, so I lost my captain slot (which was find with me - I really didn't get along with the new guy).

I marched 4 years dci. And have taught bands all over the country. I actually taught the drumline at ED White back in the 90's. Spent 4 years teching the drumline at Troy University. Now i do college seminars on the history and performance applications of steel drums

I marched 4 years dci. And have taught bands all over the country. I actually taught the drumline at ED White back in the 90's. Spent 4 years teching the drumline at Troy University. Now i do college seminars on the history and performance applications of steel drums

Which drum corps did you march with?

Wow, what a coincidence. I would never have imagined a former instructor from EDW would be on the same forum as I am!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...