TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Marching band, anyone?

I've seen some posts on the forums regarding some people being in marching band, so I know I'm not the only one here on TPR in band.

Which led me to posting this topic. I wanted to know who's exatcly in marching band and how many band/coaster nerds there are on TPR.

I've been in marching band in middle school all three years, and now I'm a junior (11th grade) in high school and still in marching band.

I play alto saxophone for jazz/concert/marching band and cymbals/bass drum for winter drumline.

Our band received 7th place of 10 this year out of our division and last year we were state champions in our division.

Here's a video from our show this year, called "Polovtsian Dances":

Here's the rest of our videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TitanThunderRegiment

So, anyone here currently a 'band geek', or have been one in the past?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Band in middle school (6th, 7th, and 8th), quit halfway through summer before starting 9th grade. I am a big fan of Purdue's march band, well, more a fan of their bass drum.

I am going to a football game this fall just for the band. There is a Purdue band member on these forums (or was, he might have since graduated).

Ypu, marching band from 7'th grade through college. Trumpet as primary, but dabbled with the flute for a year also. Rider High in Wichita Falls, tx, and Midwestern State University, in WF. So much of a band nerd, I'm ding it as my job, hahaha. Go army band!!!

^ you guys had such a cool show!

If you think that's good, you should see our Indoor Percussion group. We're going to the World Championships this Easter break! I hope we do well! I know we will!

We won the state championships (last night) in our category with the highest score (of any group that night) of 88.9!

-Tatum

I want to play quads when I go to high school, but the schedule is totally ridiculous. They have practices Monday through Thursday, they're supposed to practice like 150 hours a year, and they have a mandatory three week band camp in the summer.

Dude, go for it! Drumline is so much fun. Worth the practice, trust me!

I want to play quads when I go to high school, but the schedule is totally ridiculous. They have practices Monday through Thursday, they're supposed to practice like 150 hours a year, and they have a mandatory three week band camp in the summer.

Dude, go for it! Drumline is so much fun. Worth the practice, trust me!

^ you guys had such a cool show!

If you think that's good, you should see our Indoor Percussion group. We're going to the World Championships this Easter break! I hope we do well! I know we will!

We won the state championships (last night) in our category with the highest score (of any group that night) of 88.9!

-Tatum

I wish we had a winter line at my school. I'm considering joining a WGI line that just won first at TCGC this weekend next year.

Love Band though and Band Guys!! Drummers and Trumpet players are always the Hottest!!

No love for the sax guys?!

I wish our winterline was competing this year. Due to school district budgets, they cut all "field trips" for the rest of the year, which includes tournaments. It's a shame because the theme to our show and the group itself had potential to be amazing.

To make up for it though, we're doing this big drumline concert at our school, including a "Blast!" type thing. It's going to be sweet. If you don't know what that is, it's along the lines of this:

Our school band is actually 4 years old now (i.e. my first high school year was band's first as well); no marching band yet, but considering it's grown from 9 whole members in 2005 to 60-ish this year, it's a steady improvement. Plus we're going to Chicago on Thursday for a performance (Are we ready? Debatable), so it looks like it won't collapse after the "founding year" students are gone.