TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thunder Lakes - RCT2

Always wanted to share my parks but never have till now. Most of the time I play in RCT1 parks recreated in RCT2. Don't know why but I really like the old scenarios better than the ones that came with RCT2.

Very rarely do I make a park from scratch. This is one exception. At this point in the park I have 1 ride left to build in a Jungle themed area and one area undeveloped. Going to go the Jurassic route with that space.

The park has 12 areas in it. The order they were created were - Entrance, Medieval, Pirate, Hippy, Spooky, Roman, Egyptian, Space, Martian, Western, Jungle (under construction) and Jurassic (planned area). Each zone has 3-6 rides in it. Each is themed to the max.

I am at 230 some years in the game at this point, the park is OPEN and has been since about year 100. Over 5000 peeps and a 999 rating. I strive for realistic parks that are peep friendly and supper smooth roller coasters.

This park has custom objects. Some are mine and some are not. I focus only on simple things like roofs, walls, flowers and such. The complicated stuff gives me a headache, so thanks to those who make such complex scenery. You really make this game fun to play.

This park also contains custom rides. None are mine. Amazing Earl and LadyCroft (Methusalem) are the creators. Love your work, the two of you should have been hired by the game designers!

Cheating, don't care to much for it. With that said I do zero some clearances form time to time and make it possible to build things higher then they are supposed to be. I use the 8cars trainer for such things. The tower in the park is a good example of where I "cheat". It has 2 working elevators side by side just like some real towers have. It also has shops at the top - Sun Glasses, Info Booth, Toys and T-Shirts.

Enjoy the pictures.

SCR9.JPG.73bf05b3e9aea29ac30b112f624fe146.JPG

side by side elevators

SCR10.JPG.99d3a1ba4c3d23b43da1f94acad2c482.JPG

the map

Edited by dmaxsba2408

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the nice comments about the park. A lot of time and work has gone into it.

... love to see a download of it, when you can spare it!

As for a download of it, I think I want to wait till it's done before I release it.

Going to be posting pictures and some videos of each of the areas rides in the order they were completed. Until then here is a TEASER video with 15 second bits of 7 out of the 25 coasters in the park at this point.

RCT2 Thunder Lakes (Coaster Teaser).avi

15 seconds of 7 coasters

Here is the Entrance part of the park. It has the largest ride count of all the areas coming in with 15 rides. It would be 21 but I'm not counting duplicates.

The pictures here are of the rides in this area only. They are posted in the order they were placed. There are 2 coasters in this area of the park, a mini steel and a classic small out and back. Videos of both are are first with pictures below. The Coasters stats are at the end of each video.

Enjoy and of course comments are welcome.

Good

Bad

Indifferent

If there is something you would to see a better picture of or a video of, like a Go Kart going around the length of the track, let me know. Anything you want explained like how to make duel elevators I would be happy to explain.

note- You will see lift chains placed on many coasters at mid course. These chains ARE NOT used to get the trains through the ride, they are used to create that clang, clang sound most coasters make when they cross over a anti-rollback section of track. The racers at Kings Island are a good example of this. At 3 points (not including the lift) the train crosses these little noise makers. The first coaster you will see here with this is Jack Rabbit.

Construction update, finished the Monster Truck ride in the Jungle area of the park. Turned out really well. Have to wait to see it though

15FountainKarts.JPG.f5fe9659d7803cf5af71bd3a1846a7c1.JPG

This is the final ride that was placed in the entrance area of the park. I is a long ride. It travels all over the place. This ride had been operating since the park opened over 100 game years ago. This is the only pay as you go ride in the park. It costs $2 extra. Even after all these years in operation the peeps are still lining up to ride.

14ThrillRiders.JPG.7ae59906adc9068995085738743568fd.JPG

Had my self a small area to work with and didn't want to waste it or just turn it into water so that is how the Motion Simulator came to be placed here. There is also an Ice Cream stand in this area.

13JetSkiIsland.JPG.f7646eaf33fa81c9123cfec2e655da55.JPG

This area once had Swan Boats moving around it instead of the current Jet Ski ride. After some thought it didn't seem right to have a noise maker like a Go Kart track next to something like Swan Boats. So the swans are gone and the Jet Ski is in.

RCT2 Thunder Lakes (Jack Rabbit).avi

Enjoy the ride.

12JackRabbit.JPG.3fe01d531959afa340c722aa32ca7be7.JPG

Jack Rabbit is your standard out and back wooden coaster. It has some crazy turns at the turnaround and a section of "trick track" right before the brakes behind the lift hill. Its small but it really gets moving and has great air.

11CycleGardens.JPG.710b037d2fe8668fcab8cdcad2cf6481.JPG

This one was difficult. The 2 cycle rides are off set by only 5 feet instead of the games normal 10. The stations cross each other in the building and the tracks pass over and under each other numerous times during the ride. They both give GREAT views of the gardens and lake. There are real trees growing inside the building. There is also a balloon stand inside and 2 food areas (funnel cakes & cookies), one on each side of the station house. At one time where the garden clock is located there was a bathroom. It was removed in favor of the clock.

10TowerSlide.JPG.8c3a06f72b6824654472b9d87933d299.JPG

Well what can I say it's a slide. Needed something on this side of the tower so I chose this slide. There is a cotton candy shop located next to this attraction, figured the little peeps might want a sugar rush after climbing all those stairs in the slide.

09BumperCars.JPG.93cd69940bc1f1d39e6dceca3d06f7bb.JPG

This was an easy placement for me, had in my mind the go kart track and how I wanted it to go around the bumper cars so in it went.

1018449756_08CaroselsEW.JPG.456ac07e5721da8f4d4c42ef9f8eb4eb.JPG

Didn't know what to do with these 2 spots between the tower and the railroad. Nothing seemed to fit in right. So I decided to place 2 carousels. They balance it out like the ferris wheels do at the front of the park.

07BoardZone.JPG.c60e91ed91acb1c96f65e7c2e797741c.JPG

Decided I wanted a small sub area along the fountain so I place 3 of Amazing Earl's skateboard rides together in a skate park setting, there is also a first aid station here so when the little peeps get all banged up they have a place to go.

RCT2 Thunder Lakes (Litl-Lyi-Bug).avi

Enjoy the ride.

06Litl-Lyi-Bug.JPG.2b6229a0b8c2b6265943517a243170c2.JPG

Litl-Lyi-Bug has to be one the most ridden coasters in the park. It's a mini steel with lots of turns. Not big on thrills but then again this type of coaster isn't suppose to be. Is it?

05Grinder.JPG.52d39c03c1a4d04357d85d7456ed76d1.JPG

I like this ride, the coffee grinder is just one of those flat rides that has a great theme. It never really fits in anywhere though. So I put it where it's theme could stand on it's own. To get to it you must travel through the "Grind House" where you can pick up a fresh cup of coffee and a warm donut.

04OldIronHorse.JPG.04a25a5074a8cb7e83b1b4c49221427e.JPG

Needed a transport ride for a park this large. I went with a miniature railroad. It turned out to be the right choice. It fits in nicely with most of theme areas it travels trough and were it doesn't fit in so well it vanishes into tunnels. The railway has 3 stations, one here behind the tower, one located in the western area of the park and one underground in the Martian area. Each section is right around 3 minutes long and it has 5 trains running along it's tracks to keep peeps on the move.

695669121_03FerrisWheelEW.JPG.679020dedfed2716e7cfff05bc0c3aca.JPG

At the very front of the park are 2 ferris wheels, 2 bathrooms and 2 ATMs. Keeping this area open and functional was very important. The ATM's were placed to keep arriving guests happy. Some peeps only come into the park with $40 and that just covered the price of admission.

02cTowerTop.JPG.d78839815f8b5f7f06868b4a796855f3.JPG

The tower top keep peeps moving along and not LOST with strategically placed "no entry" signs. They are free to walk all around the top of the tower but are stopped from walking back to the elevators exits and get trapped when they wonder into the entrances. Sunglasses, toys, t-shirts, umbrellas and maps are also sold at the top of the tower.

02bTowerBottom.JPG.96e106c2ddc0a338eebdfe1369d1cc1e.JPG

The tower base is extensively decorated and has shops all around including balloons and hats along with duel loading and unloading stations for the elevators. There is also an ATM and restroom at it's base. The tower has turned out to be one of the most popular rides in the park.

02aThunderLakesTower.JPG.f36f21edf688a18045d62396bb2f77e2.JPG

Keeping with tradition a tower was placed at the end of the fountain. The tower is really 2 towers in 1. Doubling its ride capacity. The stations are side by side over lapping by 1 tile giving me 2 separate rides to the top and back down again.

01FountainVeiwSkyway.JPG.e4e1728b780ceefdfba21d1e301c2160.JPG

Wanted to keep the entrance simple, functional and pleasing to the eye so I started off with an old and well used layout. A fountain with a sky ride over it. There is popcorn and sodas being sold at the skyways turnaround point near the tower. Balloons are sold at 4 points down the length of the fountain.

1152364185_EntranceLabled.JPG.b9a177084e107abb889b4b3e9d564aca.JPG

Here we have the Park Map. The "Entrance" area of the park is outlined and labeled to give you an idea of it's rides placement and overall size in relation to the entire park.

^Thank You for the complement but I am shur your skills are just fine.

Everyone does things in there own way. For me it takes planning, time, patience and more time. The park didn't get to over 200 games years old from just me watching it. Been working on it 98% of that time. Always making areas better. I am about to post the Medieval area and right after I took the pictures I saw 4 things I could have done better, went back and fixed it. Took me another game year to get it all done. The "this can be better" is never ending!

On with the show.

The second area of the park is the Medieval Theme. It has 9 rides (10) if you count doubles) and 3 of them are coasters. Nothing big or fast yet that will be in the next update. They are great coasters though and have been very busy with peeps over the years.

RCT2 Thunder Lakes (Battering Ram).avi

Enjoy the ride.

RCT2 Thunder Lakes (Vermin Plague).avi

Enjoy the ride.

RCT2 Thunder Lakes (Jousting Knights).avi

Enjoy the ride.

09Trebuchet.JPG.8f6210ed5c1cda0359eba45f91d6e3c5.JPG

The final ride of the Medieval theme is the games Trebuchet top spin. It was placed in a small area on the back side of the under siege brown castle. The wooden look of it make it a good choice for the area.

2061909646_08BatteringRam.JPG.be39064b47b31b0b3fb547e13337b3e4.JPG

Wanted an medieval conflict, so I put in the brown castle. It has been attacked the lord of the gray castle and is on fire. In the castle you will find the Battering Ram. It's spiral lift hill takes you to the top and spits you out. It travels in and out of the castle many times. It just fit in the area great, couldn't have been a better fit.

637471740_07CaslteSwans.JPG.e1dea1c74c42a26a91f497acb834bf86.JPG

The Castle Swans. These were originally on the lake by the Go Kart track. They were moved here a few short years ago. They replaced the bumper boats that once went around the castle moat. The bumper boats are now located in the just finished Jungle theme area of the park.

712343396_06FightingKnights.JPG.0d8d2ce51bc8ab09b14440847d6e432a.JPG

Returning to the "fair" area again I still had a spot for something. So in went the Fighting Knight Bumper Cars. It also fit in well with the "Medieval Fair" theme. Don't understand why but unlike the other bumper cars near the tower this one is always packed with peeps waiting to get on. Maybe it's location?

05Labyrinth.JPG.3004927dd5a3f76664eb908d87419162.JPG

Back in the "peasant theme" area I put in a small grass maze. It is right across from one of the food areas mentioned two comments above. Thought is was a good representation of the poor people trying to get out of the mess they are in under the rule of a selfish king.

1198561380_04MaceToss.JPG.009f71e802c37da20cfb0288bd98684c.JPG

After the castle was done I had a small space left. I stuck with the "fair theme" and put in the Mace Toss. It was perfect for the space and the area. What better at a fair than a test of strength type of event.

1294534474_03VerminPlague.JPG.14bd47e67dff5000649649dbf217f0af.JPG

This is one of my favorite coasters in the park. It was perfect for a PEASANT area of the Medieval theme. The "have" and the "haven't any" that where the core of the dark ages misery. It's a great ride. On each side of the ride about half way there are little villages with food shops and one has a tailor selling shirts.

1536039410_02CastleHaunt.JPG.06f4cbcc8a37d05ae3b175f2557f57d6.JPG

The big gray castle. Needed to get this in before I started on the rest of the area wanted to make shur I had enough space. It houses a DARK RIDE on the upper level with food and shops on the lower level. The entrance to the Swan ride that travels along the moat is also in the castle. In the back corner of the castle are 2 paths the meet over the moat that take you to a garden area with a bathroom. In this area is also 1 of 2 hidden park gates. It is only used to get those peeps out of the park who are complaining they can't find the main entrance/exit. Peeps coming into the park never use this gate.

1437861196_01JoustingKnights.JPG.17cb129ed24bd7a9fbbee31080f6eca8.JPG

This coaster was the first item I put in this section of the park. Took the idea from the in-game ride and made it my own. Mine works and looks much better than the one that came with the game. It is a 2 in 1 coaster with 4 stations (2 in - 2 out) and has 10 cars running on it. The area it's in is supposed to be a MEDIEVAL FAIR kinda thing. In the upper area of the viewing stand is food and drink for the peeps to enjoy while watching the Jousting below. Has had a line on both sides since it opend over a 100 years ago.

720950160_MedievalLabled.JPG.bb97d58065f588d15102dac40f039869.JPG

Labled Medieval Map

I'll agree on the RCT1 scenarios being so much better than the one in RCT2. I've downloaded all of them and inserted them into RCT3 because I loved them so much. RCT1 will always have a soft spot in my heart, I almost failed a semester at college because of that game!

I'll be honest, at first I wasn't all that excited about what I was looking at. BUT, the individual posts focusing on the certain parts of the park have changed my mind. This is very nice, and I like the history behind some of the changes. I've often thought of doing something similiar.

^ Thinking about making a contest out of the park download. I have one area left to build (Jurassic). It has fixed path entry points (because it is surrounded by other areas) and might make a nice challenge for others to try and fit in what they think belongs there. It's a very limited space. Could be fun. What do you think about that idea?

I've downloaded all of them and inserted them into RCT3...

Man that must be GREAT!, I have RCT3 but my computer doesn't like it very much so I gave up on it for now. I really need to get started downloading stuff for the game before it all disappears so I can have it when I am able to play it. Getting those scenarios might be a good place to start my collection.

...at first I wasn't all that excited about what I was looking at. BUT, the individual posts focusing on the certain parts of the park have changed my mind. This is very nice, and I like the history behind some of the changes. I've often thought of doing something similar.

If you feal like it, please tell me what it was that you were not happy with, been building parks for years and never shared one till now. Your blunt honesty about what you didn't care for or what was missing would be great information to have for any future parks I work with and in finishing this one.

Used the link in you signature get myself one of those. Always wanted a good way to track where I've been and how many coasters I've been on. What great site Coaster Fanatics has there. So, thank you for the link.

Here we go...

this time I am posting 2 areas. They are small, each only has 3 rides. There is only 1 coaster in each of the areas (1 is a double though). The first will be the Pirate Theme followed by Hippie Trip area.

RCT2 Thunder Lakes (Mystical Mouse).avi

Enjoy the ride.

RCT2 Thunder Lakes (Skull Mountain Blast).avi

Enjoy the ride.

125775220_06MagicMicroBus.JPG.8b270cd91936740fc675446171642888.JPG

Another one of the games perfect addions for this area was the Micro Bus simulator. Not much to do with this thing other than put it in. I did keep with the same entrance/exit style used on the Fower Power ride to help hold the area together. The other t-shirt stall is located near this ride. Have to say, working in this area was hard on the eyes. Way to much color going on. Was glad to be out of it.

1447187613_05FlowerPower.JPG.657e3a2129e3039fca0d7d5d6e73bc78.JPG

This ride was of course made for this area. Never really cared to much for the total openness of this ride or that of the space version. So I decided to remove some clearances and put a little decoration on top. Getting that sign up there on all 4 sides was no easy task. Lots of zeroing out and back in and back out again. Had a big problem with ghost signs also. It took hours and many game restarts to get it right. Off the entrance/exit of this ride is 1 of 2 Flower Power t-shirt stalls.

716621642_04MysticalMouse.JPG.96e377b1e8e7223695b2439a882edc07.JPG

This area of the park was my branching off point. You may have noticed that all the paths are even all the way up to and past the tower, right down the center of the park. Everything after this ride is no longer "in line". It is a Spinning Mouse (and a BIG one). Figured what would be better than a ride that makes you all dizzy like the drugs that go along with "HIPPIE" culture. Hope that didn't offend anyone. The ride is doubled, they come together at a few points but really wouldn't go as far as to call it a dueling or racing coaster. The cars are non spinning until right before re-entering the station house. When they hit the curve inside the house it's nausea time! They come out spinning and don't stop till the ride ends. On the way out the peeps can stop by the first aid booth under the station house and detox for a while or sit down and have a piece of pizza and soda or both, there is also a restroom in there.

1520569310_03PirateShip.JPG.1821bfc1678c7a6e7aff8f32ff29241f.JPG

The final ride for this small area ended up being the usual Pirate Ship. Tried my best to make the area it sits in as unique as possible and yet leave it clean looking. I think I succeeded. In the picture you will see a building at the bottom. There is food in this build as well as a bathroom. This building and it's contents were moved here early in the game. This area was just a garden at one point and the building was on the far right side of the pirate ship at the end of a little lake. A coaster station now sits in that space.

*If you read the post in the last set of pictures about the Gray Castle and the park exit hidden in the back of it, then you may remember that I stated that there was another just like it. Well under this building is the path leading to that other exit.

752593801_02SkullMountainBlast.JPG.974b8bfbd64f877e4c9c838af52ab0f7.JPG

Always one to use every space available I took the mountain that has the boat rides lifts in it and crammed in a LIM coaster. A great little mountain blaster with 5 inversions. At this point in construction it was the tallest and fastest coaster in the park. If you watched the video you may have noticed only one set of block brakes but 2 trains running. That was done by putting a block brake right at the front of the station. The train BLASTS right over it and it kept me from having only one train or an excessively long approach back to station. Inside this mountain there is also some food and drinks a restroom and few other stalls selling pirate stuff. A lot of the coasters action happens right above the deck area where the peeps can chow down and be entertained or nauseated by the coaster flying all around them.

858756942_01EscapeFromSkullMountain.JPG.365515009cc197d95fc5cb850bc98e9f.JPG

When I first made this landscape I had put water with hilly islands in this area. Looking at it before starting is seemed like a great place for some Pirates. The mountain popped up from one of the islands and became the hiding place for the splash boat ride. This boat is another one of Amazing Earl's creations. The ride has a double dip slope. There is a tunnel right after the splash down bridge and viewing area. Inside the tunnel the track goes back up for a little bunny hop. Look closely and you'll see water jets in the tunnels. You will defiantly get wet on this ride.

1745014781_00PirateandHippyMapLabled.JPG.59eaa52ecfd5a6dd559215cb1b2054fe.JPG

Park Map, rides labled

• 2 weeks later...

So, no thoughts on the "Finish My Park" Jurassic area contest idea? Still haven't started that area myself. Been busy the last few weeks. Since I haven't worked on it yet there is still time to put the contest on.

Anyway on with the park, this update is all about the dark side of life. The haunted area of the park is one of the larger areas. We have 3 coasters and a total of 7 rides (8 if your into doubles). We are finally getting into some of the bigger rides. At the time of building the SLC had the most inversions and the Woodie had the largest drop and was also the fastest coaster in the park.

Hope you like what you see, as always comments of any kind are welcome. Thanks for looking!

RCT2 Thunder Lakes (Reaper).avi

Enjoy the ride.

RCT2 Thunder Lakes (Witches Brew).avi

Enjoy the ride.

RCT2 Thunder Lakes (Demonic).avi

Enjoy the ride.

1537500003_07BrickMaze.JPG.5937a70e71e821126fdc1ce95758b0e9.JPG

In the same area I had another small spot behind Reaper. It was just full of trees and a railroad tunnel and I had every intention to keep it that way until I saw the crowds of peeps in the area going to and from Pumpkin Twist. I decided to put in a Brick Maze. Blended in nicely and gave the little guys something else to enjoy in this dark little area of the park. The maze is just a but smaller than the one in the Medieval area but seems to much harder for the peeps to figure out.

1852993477_06PumpkinTwist.JPG.a496e495bd0b1064bed21e9d3922907a.JPG

Back behind the building that houses Witches Brew I had this small area to fill in. The railroad comes out a tunnel here and ran through the area before disappearing again just before hitting the structure of Reaper (the rail tunnel exit is on the bottom left of the picture). I figured that no matter what I placed here given it's bad location it would be a totally forgotten attraction. So I went with something bright. Something that would catch my eye as I passed by. The bright orange Pumpkin Twist (another Methusalem ride) was placed on the other side of the tracks. It's brightness just yells "LOOK AT ME". Like I said I expected this area to be dead, no play on the area intended. Boy was I wrong! This little twist ride keeps a line and this area busy with peeps. I have no idea why, it is no different than the Coffee Grinder or any other twist ride. It must be location, location, location. The peeps just head right for it and keep coming back for more.

05Reaper.JPG.770c0fe99f9913b36cc60d08c63c388e.JPG

Reaper is another coaster in this area that wasn't suppose to be. Once again the Side-Friction problem influenced this ride. I wanted a woodie for the area and the Friction was suppose to be it. Since it was not going to happen Reaper took it's place. This thing is a GIANT of a ride. I had this path going around the edge of Demonic's second half and believe it or not I started the ride with a curve in a pit behind it next to that same path. It was build out in both directions from that curve. It's weird building a coaster that way but I knew I wanted that spot to be just as it was. After about 10 attempts I was about to give up then I got it. The dive down to this curve is almost as big as the first drop and just about as fast. Peeps really enjoy watching the coaster fly by. This coaster is not as solid in the middle as it looks. A path cuts though it's center leading to the building Witches Brew is in and the coasters exit connects to it. In this area peeps are totally surrounded by Reaper. It's a great place to coaster watch. At the time of construction this coaster was the biggest, badest and meanest ride in the park.

1681975777_04SpidersNet.JPG.9d487e2b98710a87f0978adbcb418711.JPG

These two ferris wheels (by Methusalem) are on the edge of the haunted area. I placed a path under and through the ride. The path under also takes you to the entrance/exit of both wheels. If you choose the path through the rides center the counter rotation of the wheels makes for a great disorienting effect. Most peeps seem to like walking through the wheels rather than going under.

273221214_03WitchesBrew.JPG.af0565884c81af8ce034795657af14ab.JPG

Witches Brew (the ride) wasn't supposed to be here, in fact it wasn't supposed to be at all. A Side-Friction coaster was planned for the spot this Virginia Reel now sits on. The other coaster just didn't look right, no matter what I did to it, it just wasn't going to work. While working on the coaster I put in a Witches Brew soup stall next to the pit that Demonic's first inversion was placed in. Then it hit me. Get rid of the Side-Friction problem and go with a Virginia Reel. So the building went up and the Reel went in. Named it after the soup stall. The ride really works well with this area. It travels out of the building through the woods past the soup stall and back into the building. Inside the building the cars hit the lift while being surrounded by fire and ghosts and goo. The ride travels in and out of the build before it takes you back out into the woods before you end back at the station inside.

768182698_02HauntedHill.JPG.80c6e6ed49571cf435c084c3c8e41eae.JPG

The haunted house had it's location decided for it during the construction of Demonic. The coasters layout is in kind off a U shape and right in the middle you find the path leading into the area. At the time it was the only path into the area. What a great place to sit this attraction, in the middle of the U surrounded by Demonic and at the head of the path. It fit in perfectly. The screams coming out of the building and the ghostly image that hangs from the window facing the path made it even better.

01Demonic.JPG.410678babd6502e1cb82cb319fff7139.JPG

This anything but standard SLC was the first coaster to hit the area. Started off taking up a much smaller foot print. Re-worked it many times to reach it's current insanity level. The ride sends you head over heels before you even hit the lift. You can see this inversion in the picture it is on the left side behind the lift and the block brakes. In total you will go upside down 7 times on this coaster and travel from one side of the haunted area to the other and back. The picture above only shows half the ride. The ride dives under the walkway (on the right in the picture) and takes the ride over to a fiery island full of curves and inversions. If you didn't watch the video you should take a look. It's a great ride!

70230094_00HauntedLabled.JPG.ba4168a4d38215e3ca226d7b35857684.JPG

Labeled area of the map.

Thanks ^

Going to take me a bit of time to put together the next update so until then I am going to put up a couple of pictures of the entrance to my park explaining how my hidden exits seem to cause unusual peep exit strategies.

Usually when you have multiple entrances and exits the peeps walk straight into the park using the shortest distance possible and leave the same way. If you make a path in the form of a square/rectangle (blank in the middle) they will walk only on one side of the square/rectangle and never use the other side coming in or leaving the park. So in other words you end up with dead path that never gets used. Well for some reason unknown to me that issue kinda went away with addition of the hidden exits. I will explain in the caption of the picture below.

You probably think I'm crazy going on and on about a parks entry/exit paths but when I saw what the little peeps were doing it fascinated me.

Here. I'll do it for you.

267870831_Entracne(Blacked).JPG.1cd137b25f2515b4ab51f067cdb07bca.JPG

In this picture you have all the paths exposed. With the scenery out of the way you can clearly see where the paths come out of their tunnels by the disappearance of the hand rails. The path marked with blue is the main path used by 100% of the peeps coming into the park. The blue path also handles 60% of the exiting peeps. As you can tell by the blue my entrance/exit path(s) do have the dead area I mentioned in the main post above. Peeps always pick one way to go and stick with it no matter what. In this case they go to the right side twice and NEVER go left. Now to the neat part. The paths marked with white are the paths coming from the 2 hidden exits. The peeps never use them to enter the park (no "NO ENTRY" signs are used to cause this). They are just to far away from the park I guess. 40% of the peeps that want to leave the park choose to use one of the hidden exits (Why not just head to the main gate? I have no idea). Of those 40% leaving the hidden way only 25% go directly out of the park using the shortest distance possible. The other 15% do a cool path crossover. The red and yellow lines show the movement of these weird peeps. For some reason which I can't figure out, they go way out of there way just leave. I have never known a peep to care which exit they used to get out of a park or more specifically which "MAP" entry/exit point they used. But in this case about 15% of them do care. I all makes just watching the entrance area of the park more interesting an not so lifeless.

1532446542_Entrance(Normal).JPG.ac00b35253aac1b1763460d945015eca.JPG

Here is the park entrance/exit area with all the scenery in place. Around the 4 giraffes is the area where the peeps do unusual movements. Just to the right of the giraffes you can just barely make out a path that is going down (there is a matching one by the giraffe on the left). The path in just coming out of a tunnel(s) that lead from the hidden exit(s).

• 2 months later...

Its been awhile since I put up some more information about my park. Been spending a LOT of time digging up object and rides for RCT2. Going to take me a year go get through all of it just to see what's worth keeping and what's not.

Anyway here is the new update to Thunder Lakes. These two area are small and go together. It is the Roman and Egyptian parts of the park. We have Two coasters and a single flat in the Roman zone and Two coasters and two flats in the Egyptian zone.

Enjoy.

Crypt Keeper.avi

Enjoy The Ride

Ceaser's Revolution.avi

Enjoy The Ride

Cronos.avi

Enjoy The Ride

455635792_04ParaohsWhip.JPG.22fea339b0bf5b00159925b401bcc828.JPG

I wanted to put in a few more pyramids and those things take up a lot of space so when I put them in I ended up with a long narrow spot and small square area near Crypt Keeper. Both of the new pyramids have shops and food in them just like the first one over by the Magic Carpet ride. Solved the square area with a fountain/waterfall display (to be seen when the park is available for download). Had two choices for the long narrow spot, the "inverted impulse" or the "heartline twister". I went with the impulse. I liked the height it gave the area. I am a strange one when it comes to building parks. I zoom in and out and rotate all the time. I want the park to look good from any angle and form any zoom level. This ride gave me the look I after for this area.

510367088_03KryptKeeper.JPG.13fc3de086fb5fe47eb7359fbac8c4d3.JPG

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Crypt Keeper, the coaster that had me stumped for over a month and is partially the cause of my current state of baldness. This coaster started out looking like what it end up looking like. For some reason when I first built this coaster I couldn't get it together. Kept building myself into a box with no way out or no GOOD way out. It has been built and torn down, built and torn down so many times I lost count. I hope you enjoy the video of this coaster. It took a lot of work to build.

1769087548_02DustStorm.JPG.f4f46157e686308abefbc0d7120b1fa2.JPG

This ride (another Earl creation) wasn't really the 2nd attraction put in this area. Crypt Keeper (the next coaster) was -IN PART- built first. Anyway... I will explain. The coaster caused me all kinds of problems. It was the cause of this rides (Dust Storm) location and was placed and never moved. The coaster on the other hand has moved and moved and moved again.

1711692977_01MagicCarpet.JPG.0ab4f9a5f64cdadd20e0dafc492e74da.JPG

I really don't know how it all happened. For some reason when I started this area this ride was the first thing I put in. Then came the pyramid (with food inside). Got the hole area themed and then moved on. Go Figure. Usually the coasters come first then I fill in the rest. Not this time and it would prove aggravating and very time consuming.

1416776484_03Pompeii.JPG.440a1bc7212522ffc896cf4c61a6ec4b.JPG

Pompeii is another one of those great little rides made by the Amazing Earl. Had myself this some what small area to fill in, tried this and that and ended up with the Double Inverter. I named after the buried city of Pompeii. The restraints on a ride of this type give you that crushed feeling kinda like being smothered under 100's of pounds of ash.

309029180_02CeasarsRevolution.JPG.da78eee77a3d9bb1b0c6fecb26da6b0b.JPG

This ride was once again not suppose to be what it is. When the failed installation of the Side Friction coaster in the Spooky area of the park happened I planned on putting it in this spot. Once again NO LUCK. I tried everything hoping to get it looking right. Just didn't seem right. So in went this Looping Coaster. Worked out GREAT. Caesar's Revolution fit in perfectly.

1738861399_01Cronos.JPG.086d7366a499ab23079c40444de74289.JPG

Cronos, this coaster took over the top spot in height and speed from Reaper when the lift topped out. It is a giant of a coaster with 8 inversions and enough twists and turns to make you sick for a week. The parks railroad does a ride through under and beside this coaster, at one point the coaster does a 0-G roll right next to the track much to the trill of those riding the train. If you look in the upper left you will see a Colloseum with glass tiles in the center. It is the food court for this area.

1523104407_00ParkMap.JPG.2d4e66bde7c3abe9b2c3afba8ab81194.JPG

Park Map Labled

I honestly cannot find anything negative to say...

You managed to build a huge, heavily themed park on only the theming included in the game and I'm very impressed. The ride designs are incredible and overall, I'm pretty much blown away by it all.

I'm still speechless.

^ & ^^, thank you both for the comments.

I forgot to give a big THANK YOU to Six Flag Enthusiast for his help and guidance in finding new rides and objects for RCT. Thanks to him I now have almost 15,000 new items I never new were out there. So many the games scenario mode is so over crowded that you can't use it. Put them all into a new folder and will be going through them all to see what's worth keeping and what's junk.

Have to ask, do you all like the videos? I think they are great but then again I am the one putting them up. The problem is there so many people looking at this thread but only a few posting anything. Over 1,700 views and only on page 2. It is causing the videos to pile up on just a few pages and they a loading very slow. Makes me think maybe I shouldn't put any more videos up so the page(s) load faster. Has anyone tried the ZOOM option for the videos? They look pretty clear in full screen.

Anyway, working on the next update, it will be the Space and Martian areas of the park. The two areas have 11 rides in them and 5 of them are coasters.

Wow. This blows me away.

I love the look of Caesar's Revolution! It seems so perfectly Schwarzkopf, fit so nicely in the hills. I have been trying to build a Schwarzkopf in the park I am making, but I can't get the sprawling look right.

Keep up the good work!

^ those coasters are one of my favorite kinds to build. Always, well not quite always have pretty good luck with them. I never set out to build one because I know that some time during the construction of a park what I want to build isn't going to work out and I use this type of coaster as the backup. This park was no exception.

While in the "Outer Space" area of the park taking pictures for the next update I had an idea. In another thread on this site I was talking about Mini Golf Courses and how to make them so they work smoothly and so on. Anyway there are a few areas in this park that are well... lets just say a little lacking in things for the peeps to do. Dead is a good word for these spaces, just walk through space. It's themed nice and all but still nothing to do.

One is in the Roman area, its a large spot with a path along its edge that leads to the Egyptian area. It has an ATM and a large body of water with a big fountain with statues. The other is in the Pirate area, again a large body of water with pirate ship sitting it and a path going around the whole thing.

Going to try to put it in the Pirate theme area. Have a few more scenery items I haven't used yet in that category. This will be a good way to use them.

At this point in the park the numbers are getting a little close. Down to 28 ride/stall structures left to use and just about 3000 sprites structures.

2032695435_2ndChoicesiteforMiniGolf.JPG.a621d462aeb8a23af342dcb43788f54c.JPG

Here is option #2 might just build one in both and see which one I like better (or you all like better).

1758560331_NewAttraction(MiniGolfSite).JPG.5d6ec71e6d76a887753f670615845ed8.JPG

My first choice for the Mini Golf Course. This area used to house a large food area in a pirate building. It was moved a long, long time ago. The station for Jet Pack Booster ( < in the next update) now sits on the spot where the back of the building was. At least back then there was something here besides a pirate ship. Anyway, I have the path blocked off and will be starting the demo and rebuild soon.

To tell you the truth about the videos, I don't really watch them because I think the pictures already do an excellent job of showing off your park, so I personally won't be too upset if you remove them...

As for the "empty" areas, the Pirate area looks large enough to support a mini golf course as long as you can provide an alternative route for the peeps to walk through.

And the Roman area... You might be able to squeeze some mini-golf there, but the area looks a bit too small to handle one. A food court might be able to fit though.

Construction has started and here is an update of the progress.

SCR3.JPG.c4232f96cf4944c6f44bad82bdfc3080.JPG

Here we have me taking an attraction that is just fine the way it was and changing it before it even gets finished.

SCR2.JPG.123d22aeed33ade95468192f9889c7ee.JPG

Here we are about half way done.

SCR1.JPG.d965e15f1bf0c436e727b2f585483669.JPG

The site after being cleared.

933973903_SiteMap.JPG.65f19888b2ec6e846c75fc81e531a3dc.JPG

Area of the park I'm working in and the back up site.

Well I think the layout is done for the Mini-Golf. Its 12 holes and around 2200ft. in length. Haven't themed it yet. Can't decide on the color of the attraction. Always hate this part. In the bottom pick I put some color on it but really not to happy with it. It's got to stay earth tone-ish (I think) to fit in with the area. Anyone have a better color choice let me know and I'll give it a try.

Big update tomorrow, Outer Space and the Martians are coming.

1499683658_Mini-GolfColoredNoTheming.JPG.d7c1b81737789cb5fb9d2e7ec37dfe9a.JPG

1569402075_Mini-GolfFinalLayout.JPG.2e759c9b52d23ed8ccd14ea17c0238f2.JPG