California Trip

SFjunkie2010

I'm arriving in LA on Sunday, and my schedule goes as follows

Monday: Knott's

Tuesday: Disneyland/Disney's California Adventure

Wednesday: Six Flags Magic Mountain

Thursday: Six Flags Magic Mountain

I have some questions...

I've Already been to SFMM, but the other 3 parks are new to me so I was wondering: What order should I hit rides at Knotts? same for Disney. do you think Xcelerator will be back up by Monday? and finally, how crowded will the parks be?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spend two days at the Disneyland Resort, you will need it. Its spring break for some schools and the parks should be busy.

I would combine Knotts and DCA into one day. You will not need a full day for either DCA or Knotts and they are only 8 miles apart from each other.

Also While at the DLR keep in mind that Fast passes don't expire after your return time has come. And take advantage of the single rider lines at: Soarin, Grizzly River Run, California Screamin, Indiana Jones Adventure, Splash Mountain, Toy Story Midway Mania, and Mailboomer. It will save you A LOT of time.

This is how I Do DLR.

Get to the park at opening.

Go strait to Space Mountain (get a fastpass)

Ride Space Mountain

Ride Big Thunder Mountain

Ride Splash Mountain

Ride Haunted Mansion

Ride Pirates

Ride Indiana Jones (Single Rider)

Go to DCA

Ride Soarin (Single Rider line)

Ride California Screaimin( Single Ride)

Ride Toy Story (Single Rider)

Ride Tower of Terror

Do all the minor attractions and re rides.

Have fun.

FYI, Indiana Jones hasn't been using their single rider line. As of our last visit, the only ride in Disneyland itself that has a Single Rider line is Splash Mtn.

DCA has single rider on Soarin', Grizzly, Screamin', Mullholland Madness, Toy Story and Maliboomer.

I do agree with doing two days at Disney. You don't need 2 days at SFMM.

I think if you just hit the "major" rides, your missing out on ALOT. If you want to ride Nemo, I'd go there first (assuming you get to the park at opening ... which you definitely should)

I don't think having a set schdule is good for all day. The only rides at Disneyland where you need to ride early/get a FP early would be Space Mtn. Splash Mtn (if you want to ride) and Indiana Jones. The rest (like Big Thunder) go REALLY quick and/or don't have their FP allotment gone early.

Just remember when you park-hop to DCA, you can have a FP to Disneyland and still get more at DCA. So I'd be sure to grab at least 1 or 2 FP's at DL before heading to DCA. Also, they don't look at the "end" time, only the start time. So even if you have a FP for between 10am and 11am, you can ride it at 7pm and it won't matter. You can hold multiple FP's for multiple attractions at the same time as well. Just remember what time the start time is for your FP so you know when you can get another one.

Example: Space Mtn. FP got at opening will probably be for 920am (for an 8am opening). At 920 you can get another FP for something like Indy. And if that start time is say, 1130am, you can get another FP (for something like Splash Mtn) at 1130am. You can use ALL later in the day.

I would use one of your days at SFMM at the DLR as if you've already been to SFMM, you don't really need two days there. If you want to avoid crowds, just run to X2, then go to DejaVu and hit the back of the park from there on out, or if it's really bad, you could get a Qbot. Hope this helps.

You'll definately need two days for DL&CA and if you go to SFMM from opening-closing, you should be able to ride everything or at least everything you want.

Not sure if Xcelerator will be open by then. I've heard rumors of it being open by Saturday, but I can't confirm that.

Rides to do at Knott's:

Don't do Silver Bullet first. It usually seems to get a line at opening, then slowly goes down and eventually gets to about 5 minutes. Do Ghostrider first, that can get a line and it seems to be smoother earlier in the day. After Ghostrider head to Pony Express and get that credit. Then keep heading around the park to the Boardwalk. You can hit anything you want there since it hopefully hasn't filled up too much yet. Keep heading around the Fiesta Village, Camp Snoopy, then finally ride Silver Bullet. Now you have the rest of the day to re-ride whatever.