TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

KBF PTR 1/17/09

Here's a PTR of Knott's from a couple months ago, just thought I'd post it. I also have a few other PTR's from the off-season that I'll post soon.

My Ride-Count:

Silver Bullet x3

Calico Mine Train x1

Bigfoot Rapids x1

Pony Express x1

Ghostrider x2

Jaguar x1

Sky Tower x1

Pictures:

Can you spot the Ghostrider sign?

And the train?

I can

Poor tree. It probably can't hear anymore.

Orange Bullet.

Does this ride go upside down?

Hey Monte.

Second best element evah!

OMG, am I like, upside down right now?

I'm not sure...I'll have to think about this one...

I'm going to go with yes.

Oh yeah, uh...hey Supreme Scream. We're kinda busy with somethin' else here...so if you don't mind...

WRONG!!!

Pony Express doesn't go upside down you stupid general public guy idiot!!!

Go away Bigfoot!!!

Wait...or does Pony Express go upside down?

Could that be a hidden Zero-G Roll?

Hiding from the cops? (I guess Supreme Scream got a job) Well, I think they've found you.

I'd run if I were you...oh wait I forgot, you can only go 38 mph.

You like livin' life on the run, dontcha?

To be continued....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continuing...

Oh and in-case you're wondering, Pony Express was caught be Supreme Scream and hasn't been seen since...

How many cobra rolls are in this park?

Where could Supreme Scream have put Pony Express and its hidden Zero-G Roll?

All Silver Bullet.

All the time.

Oh look, it's Jaguar!

With an exclamation mark! (oh and btw, look at that steep drop!)

Jaguar, Montezooma's Revenge, and FIESTA GAMES ALL IN ONE PICTURE!!!

Dip!!!

Look at that pre-lift!

Whoa, what's that?

Getting closer, getting closer!

why's the tower wobbling!?

Is this ride faster than that one Pony ride that just suddenly disappeared?

The boardwalk just isn't the same withoutcha Perilous Plunge

Oh, it's the coaster bully.

Wipeout will be sure to wipe you out.

IT'S GOING TO LAND ON US!!!

You just can't get enough of Xcelerator.

To be continued...again...

Part 3 and unfortunately the last...

And the FBI has been searching for Pony Express all over, still no sign of him...

Did Knott's run out of red paint or something???

Knott's really needs to clean the windows in the Sky Tower.

Whoa, Supreme Scream cut off a tower! Or maybe Pony Express took it when and or if he escaped.

Going dowwwwn.

Pre-Lift?

Four Coasters....IN ONE PICTURE!!!!

Boomerang, play nice with the others!

If you ride Boomerang, don't blame Knott's. Blame yourself for riding it you stupid general public guy idiot!!!

No supports on the loop?

Riptide got its fountains back.

Like I care.

Oh why hello there

Ha, they thought they had a chance.

Floating swing.

And I'll end this PTR with Silver Bullet fighting with Montezooma's Revenge.

The End

I love Knott's! I grew up in Michigan and went to Cedar Point every year... been to a lot of U.S. parks, Disney / Universal / Paramount / etc...

^ I know that question wasn't necessarily intended for me, but....

I think Knott's IS a blast.

I guess I'm easy... because I've only rarely left a park thinking "Man, that place really sucked and I'm sorry I even went." (here's looking at you SFDK.. but not always... only when dispatches are ridiculous and when concessions can't serve 8 people within 40 minutes).

So many people say "it doesn't have the charm anymore". First of all, I disagree. Sure, some things have gone... but there are very few parks that have never removed attractions or scenery that SOMEONE had some kind of attachment to. There is plenty of charm left at Knott's.

I totally agree about the Sky Cabin windows! I've never seen such foggy windows and was really disappointed that I wouldn't get any clear pictures... but, Photoshop can manage to salvage these a bit...

knotts_xcel_P1010055-1_smaller.jpg.8db1f4965ff27ddaeafd963536576213.jpg

it's not great, but you can see through some of that foggy window with some Photoshop adjustments...

Did somebody praise Knotts and then trash SFDK in the same sentence? Oh hell no!

Knotts certainly isn't what it was, but I have no problem with accepting it now as a coaster park. It is not a theme park like in the past, but simply a park with a lot of coasters. The problem is that they have the ultimate "theme" park (:mickey:) down the street and a much better coaster park about an hour away. In my list of parks in Southern California, Knotts certainly holds up the rear.

Thanks for the trip report, even if I got a little lost with some of the captions!

Not really trashing... SFDK is usually a lot of fun, but my first experience was unfortunately my worst. I'm pretty sure Medusa is the best coaster in northern California, and I've got my 2009 pass + parking so I can go ride it and feed some animals...

edit: I like Silver Bullet... I'm always surprised by how intense it is. It isn't a very scenic ride (though you get some lagoon time if I remember right), and I think that detracts from an otherwise great ride.

Packfanlv:

I definately agree that SFMM is for coasters, Disney is for theme, and Knott's tries to be a little bit of both but fails. But Disney is theme to the extreme and SFMM is coasters times two, so you can't blame Knott's for just happening to be in thr middle.

Atem122:

Thanks, do I know you?

Themeparkman25:

Silver Bullet is a good, solid ride. It's not as good as some other inverted coasters (but the best one I've been on) but still a fun ride. It's very re-ridable which I like, the overbanked turn is an awesome element, the ride has a good layout, and the helix is very forceful! Definately look forward to it.

^I agree that anywhere else Knotts would be a fine park, which is why I don't mind visiting it once in a while, but given its location and the local competition, Knotts just isn't good enough IMO. In other words, I visit both Disneyland and SFMM much more often because I feel I get a lot more from either of those parks.

I love Knott's! I grew up in Michigan and went to Cedar Point every year... been to a lot of U.S. parks, Disney / Universal / Paramount / etc...

^ I know that question wasn't necessarily intended for me, but....

I think Knott's IS a blast.

I guess I'm easy... because I've only rarely left a park thinking "Man, that place really sucked and I'm sorry I even went." (here's looking at you SFDK.. but not always... only when dispatches are ridiculous and when concessions can't serve 8 people within 40 minutes).

So many people say "it doesn't have the charm anymore". First of all, I disagree. Sure, some things have gone... but there are very few parks that have never removed attractions or scenery that SOMEONE had some kind of attachment to. There is plenty of charm left at Knott's.

I totally agree about the Sky Cabin windows! I've never seen such foggy windows and was really disappointed that I wouldn't get any clear pictures... but, Photoshop can manage to salvage these a bit...

Honestly, I think that a lot of us who grew up with Knott's have issue with what it was and what it's become. And it's not just because it's "lost it's charm" or added coasters, etc.

Okay, maybe "lost it's charm" does have something to do with it. But charm is not just something you see, it's something that used to exude in the employees at Knott's. It was most certainly the "Friendliest place in the West". Now, the employees just don't seem to care, they try and implement stupid things for the ride-ops to do, etc.

I wouldn't mind them adding all of the coasters they have if the park employees were of the same manner that they were in the 80's and early/mid 90's.

Nonetheless, great TR CreditCrazy. You got some nice shots of the park, which does still look nice for the most part.

Yes folks, Xcel was up... with people on it around midday today! So it should be open for the Solace tomorrow. It is only at a 1 train operation though, but hey, it's open

That's great news! I gotta get to Knott's this week

Yes folks, Xcel was up... with people on it around midday today! So it should be open for the Solace tomorrow. It is only at a 1 train operation though, but hey, it's open

That is the best news ever! I'll be there in like 3 days and I was really nervous it was going to be down. Lets just hope it stays open!

Awww. You come to So Cal during school. It would have been awesome to meet you. Anyway, Knott's just lost TONS of points in my book, because pony express ruined WWW(White Water Wilderness, I think) Also, the new pony express coaster ruins the entire "mystical" feel to the mystery lodge area. Also, would it kill CF to add a little theming to the que of mystery lodge? I mean, waiting for Fantasmic is more entertaining, and yiu have to get there hours early. At least an hour before the show there is an awesome band playing on one of the rafts. If you have a show that tells a story like mystery lodge, at least add some naive American theming, or something.

^I would have to say that Packfanlv summed Knott's up perfectly on pg. 1. With Disneyland litterally down the street and Magic Mountain about an hour away, Knott's is physically and litterally stuck between a rock and a hard place. The old western feel isn't turning a profit much anymore and as much as it sucks that the nostalgic feel of the park is slowly fading, at least you can take solice in the fact that the parks new additions still aren't helping raise/sustain attendence.