TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Eehh, china sucks

Oh my you dont know what you are missing! Asia is the best!

I'm sure he was joking. And, I'm not saying that it didn't happen, I'm just saying that the press makes it out than it really is.

To this day I can honestly say I've seen more people peeing in the bushes at American parks than I have in any Asian parks!

--Robb

Why should I believe the media anymore?

Based on the TPR reports from HKDL, I'd like to believe that the park is very well done. No denying that footage, though... Just crowd control at its worst.

P.S. ^^ What I wouldn't give to be thrown into Disneyland.

I think now that Disney realizes how many local peeps go on holidays ALL AT ONCE....

That "second park" idea recently already reported on, doesn't look like such a far-in-the-future idea, hmmm?

I think now that Disney realizes how many local peeps go on holidays ALL AT ONCE....

That "second park" idea recently already reported on, doesn't look like such a far-in-the-future idea, hmmm?

So I guess they're building DCA-Disney's Chinese Adventure? It will be like Chinese amusement parks of yesteryear-all the staff will wear those creepy green uniforms and follow you around....

• 4 weeks later...

Hong Kong Disneyland to add three attractions as part of expansion plan

HONG KONG (AP) - Hong Kong Disneyland announced Monday that it planned to add three new attractions to the theme park as part of its expansion plan.

The additions are the Autopia electric car ride, the Stitch Encounter, a theatre show, and the UFO Zone _ made up of a water-squirting robot, rocket ship and flying saucer, said Hong Kong Disney spokeswoman Esther Wong.

The three games _ located in the Tomorrowland section of the park _ will be open to the public this summer, Wong said.

She declined to say how much was being spent to construct the three attractions.

Wong said the Hong Kong government is expected to finish reclaiming land by 2008 for the construction of the second phase of the park.

At 126 hectares Hong Kong Disneyland, opened in September, is the smallest Disney park in the world, but Bill Ernest, the park's managing director, said the company is ``reviewing expansion plans for the park.''

``This is a long-term improvement measure designed to do two things: increase capacity by a steady program of expansion and enhance the guest experience with thrilling new attractions and features,'' Ernest told Hong Kong legislators during a legislative session.

In response to admission problems that erupted during the Chinese New Year when the park was overwhelmed, Ernest said they planned to improve logistical measures for times when the company needs to restrict access to the park.

Hundreds of angry visitors from mainland China and Taiwan tried to force their way into the park _ with some clambering over its iron fence _ during the Chinese New Year after they were denied entry because it was full.

The park is a joint venture between The Walt Disney Co. and the Hong Kong government, which shouldered the bulk of its construction fee.

Wow, that may have been the shortest Disney Press Release ever, and even came equipped with negative publicity! Glad to see they're starting on phase 2 though. Hopefully at this rate, if I visit by next Christmas, they'll be on their 3rd park with 7 coasters!

Yeah, it's good to see that the expansion is starting so soon. There's gonna be a lot of this for many years to come at the park. Will be interesting to see how they deal with the capacity issues at the park in the short term, it's gonna be up there as one of the busiest parks in the world before long.