TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark Springtime in the Park

I just came back from Hershey. The event was crowded, I first went in to ride Great Bear and waited an hour to ride. Earlier today, I drove to SFGA to ride Kingda Ka but for my luck it rained the first hour and they closed the park at 12. So i thought the STITP at Hershey would be fun so i got to the event at about 5. The parking lot was filled and I was happy for Hershey to get this much buisness. To my surprise, the boardwalk was open with Wildcat, Wildmouse, and Lightening Racers running. I was very excited with this but still Stormrunner and Farenheit sat there defunct and they didnt operate all day so the rumors were false. Farenheits new trains were indeed in the station on the track, but they had test dummies on them. In Stormrunners station, the track was covered with wood of some sort, it was weird. Also there was no trains in the station there. So I had mixed feeling about Hershey today because they werent accurate on which rides would open. If anyone wants to know the following rollercoasters that opened were Comet, Great Bear, Super Dooper Looper, Wildcat, Wild Mouse, Trailblazer, Sidewinder, and Lightening Racers.(At SFGA I rode The Dark Knight... it was just a dressed up wildmouse and forgive me if i didnt know that before and Skull Mountain sucked too )

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Yeah Midway America was open Lightening Racer had four trains on, Great Bear and SDL had two trains. they were running very efficiently. Park was very crowded it was almost like Labor Day weekend.

Yeah i forgot it was called Midway America and not Boardwalk LOLZ

Now I'm pissed. If they would've announced that LR and Wildcat were going to be open, I might have gone. But there was no way I would go with them, SR, and Fahrenheit closed. I'm surprised they ran Great Bear with all the wind though.

When would be a good time to go to Hershey in the regular season and avoid huge lines? So far I haven't found one. I'd like to go in May to get the greatest discount from the Subway coupons (the discount goes down $2 per month). I would think May wouldn't be a busy time, but I don't know when school groups go.

That's the second good comment about Comet I've read today. Is it safe to assume, then, that the completely unnecessary trim brake isn't being used this year? I've only ever had one run without it. It was still no Phoenix (I think it loses too much energy in the dogleg or something) but at least it didn't suck. Schmecks are meant to be airtime monsters, but the way they used to use that brake it might as well have been a mine train.

• 3 weeks later...

^I would imagine they will both be open, as that is after Memorial Day and it is officially considered summer. Also, I'm going there on June 1, so I'm hoping my assumption is correct. However, I could be wrong. If I am, anyone should feel free to correct me.

-Doug

I'm going to be there June 7th, not June 1st -

I was talking to scooterdoug sorry for the confusion. I was just warning him that 200, 14 yearolds might make for more linejumping the usual and general breaking of the rules. I would not do that but some kids in my school.....

Yeah at SFGAV we were always bothered with line jumpers so we just blocked their way. This is the school that in the lunch line there is so much line cutting that you may be a the front on sec and in the back the next! I am afraid what is going to happen in the line for Fehrenheit!

I'm going to be there June 7th, not June 1st -

I was talking to scooterdoug sorry for the confusion. I was just warning him that 200, 14 yearolds might make for more linejumping the usual and general breaking of the rules. I would not do that but some kids in my school.....

Thanks for the warning. I certainly didn't expect a complete lack of school groups, as this is school trip to theme parks time. As long as the lines are not ridiculously long, I don't care. As for line jumpers, I will not stay quiet about that. No line jumping f&%kers are getting in front of me. Personally, I'm more concerned about Storm Runner being open.

-Doug

Well I am worried that Storm Runner will not be open only because it would ease some of the crowds for Fehrenheit, I really do not want to wait in a line over an hour long.

Also is it true that they are not useing the trim on Comet anymore? If so I must ride it just to see how it runs without it.

• 3 weeks later...

I just emailed them Wednesday and I got a reply yesterday saying that they anticipated that it would be open by Memorial Day weekend. So either whoever answers their emails doesn't know what they're talking about, or the guy you talked to on LR doesn't know what he's talking about. Since I've never worked for Hersheypark, I can't guess which is the case.