TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Pinball Thread

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there sort of a "Mitch's Poll" of the top pinball machines?

http://ipdb.org/ Only real top lists I have seen.

#1 Twilight Zone (Bally,1993)

#2 Star Trek: The Next Generation (Williams,1993)

#3 The Addams Family (Bally,1992)

#4 Medieval Madness (Williams,1997)

#5 Theatre of Magic (Bally,1995)

#6 Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure (Williams,1993)

#7 Cirqus Voltaire (Bally,1997)

#8 Creature from the Black Lagoon (Bally,1992)

#9 Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams,1996)

#10 Monster Bash (Williams,1998)

For the CA folks, I remember Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk having a decent amount but tending to be the newer stern machines. Stern's are not bad just do not have the same feel and really are built more for home use then arcades.

I still say even for a DE, Jurassic Park is way under rated. Fav pin I own, and much fun.

It is interesting that those machines are all from a fairly short time span of '92-'98. I wonder what it was about those 6 years that made those games considered to be the best. It also makes me wonder why no machine has been able to top Monster Bash since '98.

It is interesting that those machines are all from a fairly short time span of '92-'98. I wonder what it was about those 6 years that made those games considered to be the best. It also makes me wonder why no machine has been able to top Monster Bash since '98.

Don't forget pinball died in the 90's.

Only company left is Stern which basically absorbed the assets of DE/Sega, Williams, etc.

Williams did make the best machine and Bally was also quality. I think the main reason behind the popularity was the licensing, not to mention design, layouts, etc. Those games really became fun and creative in the 80-90's in the SS later era but video cabinets and home consoles finally won the war.

ipdb.org is a fun site tho. You can download the games manuals, roms, sound clips, research units made, etc. Everything bu Gottlieb, Steve has all rights and licensing. So if you have a Gottlieb and need parts.. www.pbresource.com, Steve's the man.

I just miss the old classic neon game rooms growing up.

Marty's Playland in Ocean City, MD, still has a wall of pinball machines, updated annually. There used to be two rows, but as of last year one row was removed and replaced with vintage '80s video games.

I'm a huge pinball fan and actually have a backglass and playfield from an old Sinbad machine that my father and I rescued from the local dump. I always wanted a machine of my own when I was younger. Now that I'm old enough to afford one, I don't have the space

My personal top 10:

1. Twilight Zone

2. Attack from Mars

3. Haunted House

4. Theatre of Magic

5. Junk Yard

6. Elvira and the Party Monsters

7. Addams Family

8. Hercules

9. Viper Night Drivin'

10. Tee'd Off

Pinball is still pretty strong here in Pittsburgh, there are a few leagues around town and the PAPA World Championships are hosted just outside the city in Scott Township.

When did Pinball die? It did have a setback when Bally/Williams decided to focus on making slot machines over pins. Stern is still piping out 4-5 new machines a year.

I LOVE pinball

It is sad to see them disappear from the streets.

I have 5 machines at home: attack from mars. cirqus voltaire, funhouse, demolition man and medieval madness.

I love to invite some friends drink a few cold beers and play pinbaal all night long.

I LOVE pinball

It is sad to see them disappear from the streets.

I have 5 machines at home: attack from mars. cirqus voltaire, funhouse, demolition man and medieval madness.

I love to invite some friends drink a few cold beers and play pinbaal all night long.

Those are some great pins, jaap. I think the only thing keeping me from owning one now is that I don't have the time to learn to maintain one proper. Someday though I'll have an Arabian Nights. (My favorite pin)

Almost 24 hours now of owning a machine and the whole family's hooked. Every moment we aren't on the go, we are squeezing in 3 rounds or so until someone's satisfied with their score. I'm looking forward to what my younger nieces are going to think when they come in and see this huge yellow cabinet towering over them.

My highest score on the Taxi was 4 million somewhere up there and made it into the saved high scores (It had some previous players scores already saved).

Sorry to doublepost, but our addiction has really hit us hard. Today, (a week later) we picked up one of my other favorite pins to join Taxi...got a near perfect Funhouse machine...that head is creapy seeing it in real life. I have yet to put him to sleep before my 3rd ball.

Sorry to doublepost, but our addiction has really hit us hard. Today, (a week later) we picked up one of my other favorite pins to join Taxi...got a near perfect Funhouse machine...that head is creapy seeing it in real life. I have yet to put him to sleep before my 3rd ball.

Yes, Rudy is quite freakish as are Red and Ted from Roadshow. Congrats on the Roadhouse, that's a classic to own.

Here's our 2 machines so far... (My bro wants Pinbot and my aunt wants Whirlwind) I snapped these last night with the cell phone as my camera's batteries were dead and my cards were full. The machines currently live in the living room for now.

1967369360_pinballmachines.thumb.jpg.f01b4d836bb012910d6d4db1a35a61b3.jpg

Taxi and Funhouse, 2 of my favorites!