TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster Expedition DVD Owners - TAKE THIS POLL!!!

When you watch a TPR Coaster Expedition DVD, which best describes you...  

136 members have voted

1. 1. When you watch a TPR Coaster Expedition DVD, which best describes you...

• I watch the "Footage" disc as much as I watch the "Expedition" Disc.
    • I watch the "Footage" disc at least once.
    • I rarely (and sometimes don't) watch the "Footage" disc.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch the footage disks more, but I don't like how you include parks in the first disk but dont have any coaster fottage from them on the second disk. For the midwest trip I was sad that there was no King's Island or Six Flags, ( Kentucky and Great America ) coaster povs.

There wasn't any coaster POVs of Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom or Great America on the Expedition disc for the midwest trip either!

We include ALL the footage we have on those footage discs, but some stuff just isn't available.

--Robb

I watch the footage at least as much as the expedition disc. It doesnt take away from the RAW DVD's in my book, if that is what you are worried about.

I wasnt a big fan of the coaster expedition 11 including pooh and some of those real weird dark rides, although i see why you put them on there.

Are there any plans on a "Weird and Unusual Coaster" DVD? Something with rare and strange coasters like Atomic, Seoul Land crazy mouse, Interpark Wild Winds, Chinese rip off coasters, you get the idea.

I watch them both, rather equally. The reason I joined a trip last year was because of all the random antics and fun from watching the both on the series. Coasters + Fun = Hot Seller.

The way I see it, Robb, having both, regardless of what people watch more, is just good PR. I think the footage is what give TPR it's unique quality. That's what separates us from people like the ACErs, ect. You highlight that quality well! Keep it up.

I watch the footage at least as much as the expedition disc. It doesnt take away from the RAW DVD's in my book, if that is what you are worried about.

I wasnt a big fan of the coaster expedition 11 including pooh and some of those real weird dark rides, although i see why you put them on there.

Yeah...and I think I try to put most dark rides at the end to seperate it out a bit more.

Are there any plans on a "Weird and Unusual Coaster" DVD? Something with rare and strange coasters like Atomic, Seoul Land crazy mouse, Interpark Wild Winds, Chinese rip off coasters, you get the idea.

Been thinking about doing a whole "crazy coasters of Asia" disc that JUST has footage of all the bizarro-O coaster we've been on.

Something a little different than "RAW" since raw is like each coaster station to station including lifthills, etc, but maybe a 2-disc set chock full of every strange coaster from Japan, China, and Korea.

--Robb

Been thinking about doing a whole "crazy coasters of Asia" disc that JUST has footage of all the bizarro-O coaster we've been on.

Something a little different than "RAW" since raw is like each coaster station to station including lifthills, etc, but maybe a 2-disc set chock full of every strange coaster from Japan, China, and Korea.

That. Would. Be. Awesome-o.

When I buy an Expedition DVD, I watch the music disc, and then I might just skip through the footage disc to things that interest me, or just not play it at all.

With that said, I also own RAW #1, and I watch it aw often as any of the Expedition discs. For me, I'll watch the RAW DVDs and not the Expedition footage discs because I'm generally more interested in the coasters on RAW; it's sort of like a "best of" of the normal footage DVDs.

I love both though.

For me it depends on the volume as to which I watch more.

On Volume 3 I tend to watch almost exclusively the park footage. This is probably because this DVD has the most parks that I will probably (or at least hope to) visit at some point in my life.

On Volumes 1, 2, 4, 7, 8 and 9 I tend to watch the park footage more than the coaster footage. These DVD's just have my favorite park footage and have quite a few repeated coasters, so I don't see the need to watch the coaster footage too often, especially on all the disks. I still watch it once in a while, though.

On Volumes 6, 10 and 11 I tend to watch both disks about evenly. These are my least favorite volumes so I don't watch them too much in general, but when I do I usually watch both disks.

On Volume 5 I actually tend to watch the coaster footage disk more. I don't really have as much of an interest in seeing random bizarre things at parks, which is what a lot of this DVD is, as I do in seeing what kind of rides the park has to offer. I still occasionally watch the park disk, but since it is not as interesting to me I don't watch it too much. This DVD also has my favorite coaster footage so that is why I watch it much more (I like seeing how coasters in other parts of the world are compared to here, especially ones with radically different cultures).

I do not own either of the RAW DVDs but at the moment I don't plan on getting them. To me, looking at a raw POV video is just not that interesting. If it is a ride I am interested in, it will just make me really want to visit the park, even if I know that isn't likely to happen anytime soon. By adding the music in the park segments seem to flow better and are less like some of the lousy imitation youtube videos I have seen, and the coaster POVs are more like the TV shows and other DVDs I've watched (which I don't watch too often anymore...the TPR ones are better and don't seem like a promotion at all).

As far as music goes, however, I have noticed that I like most if not all of the songs on the earlier DVDs, but few if any of the songs on the later ones. I don't know if that is just my taste in music or if you ran out of good songs, but I have tried muting the videos and even a video with songs I'm not a fan of is better than a mute video. At least there aren't any rap songs or anything like that or I might consider mute to be better.

I watch both. I sometimes will watch the expedition disc a little more often than the footage disc, but that's only because it gives a better feel for the entire park. I definitely enjoy the footage discs too though as unlike the raw series, they show at least one coaster from most all of the parks covered on the expedition disc, the raw series shows only a select group of random coasters from all over the place.

I am very interested in that idea for an all weird Asian coasters DVD.

I watch pretty much only the Expedition dvd, and show it to quite a few friends. (Some I think have ordered some too!) Usually, there will be a coaster that piques their interest, and then I use the footage (or CITR) to show them POV.

As far as the dark ride idea goes... Wow. I think it would be great, but some of those dark rides are so all-encompassing, it might be difficult to capture the real essence of a ride.

Rides like "Mystery Powder", "Magical Circus", immediately come to mind. I think that the "Expedition" version gives those enough credence, that a full POV may not be warranted.

Then again, Robb could probably pull it off quite effectively.

Now, for the Wierd/Crazy/DANGEROUS Asian rides...

That would be frickin' hilarious!!!

Then again, an uncensored "Worst of Coasters" (Manhattan Express, etc..) would be AWESOME!!!!

JJ

I watch them a few times. I enjoy the onride footage. My son Conner is just so crazy for Roller Coaster dvd's! Even Mine!

As a matter of fact from what I can see all the kids love the videos. In light of that, a few suggetions. Clean it up a little bit or make 2 versions. Some things slip right by him and that's cool. But Squishy balls and stuff ...there is no way he's not going to repeat it. I have to skip the carnival each time

I'm not sure if others are having trouble but I have 2 dvd players and 1 blu-ray. They all stop in diff places on all of the disks. The disks are clean and have no scratches. My one player says the disk is in DVD+R.

Do you have the option of DVD-R? It's still the standard of standards. It's compatible with all players old and new.

Anyway keep making the disk so we can travel vicariously though you!

I like the way Robb does it, I have no opinion on it. What I mean by that is whatever he's happy with I'm happy with too. I'm just that type of person.

But anywho, I've been buying Robb's stuff since the day of the VHS and I still have the first two seasons he did ON VHS and back when they were called Robb Alvey's Coaster Season 200x. I've supported him since 2002 and bought the European Coaster Odyssey back when he annouced in Winter of 2002 that he'd be switching to DVD format.

Robb, I've support you all these years and man, it's been great I mean the price is something I've never liked. But I like the product, fully and competely and this is your decision of what goes into the final product just like with the video game industry.

I've liked alot of the work you've done with the DVDs and VHSes and I really support you through and through with the CE's and In the RAW's. I do have to mention I loved it when the RAW discs come out, I literally went APE$H!T over that.

I mean, whatever comes out I'll buy but the thing that has always mattered to me when I buy something is how long I'll keep it and the product's quality. Those two things I mentioned here are the two most important things I think of before I make a purchase of ANYTHING.

Robb, I've liked what you've done so far and I've been glad supporting you ever since I was 12 (Winter 2002). You've kept my interest all these years and I'm very glad I decided to stick with you and not to mention all the great moments I've witnessed through your TR's and PTR's.

I seriously hope one day, you and me can sit down and have a long talk at some hotel on a TPR trip. I'd really like discussing how I found the site with you and why I like the site overall so much.

Just my big and long two cents,

Chris Benvenuto

EDIT: Whewwwwwww, Man I'm winded. I'm down for the count now folks, your turns now!