TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park - 14-03-09 Opening Day

Which led us to the final fastrack of the day, Rush! And the most amazing comment by Trev after Non German Tom turned up.

Trev "Whys he called Non German Tom?"

Me, Steve and Rob all in sync "Because hes not German!

That gave me a great laugh! Thank you! Saw is looking good despite the operational bugs.

Saw - Closed after 90 mins

Stealth - Closed

Slammer - Closed

Colossus/Inferno - Started off Closed

Log Flume - Closed as far as I know, I never actually made it round there.

Rapids - Closed, oh wait it's opening at 12... no it's now 2... we've actually filled up the channel now but we filled it too high and now it's too dangerous to ride... What the fudge?

Thank you Ed.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am glad some of you got on Saw and well done to Robb for getting you the passes. I just wonder why they did not give them to everyone else that went there on Thursday, I guess not everyone asks the right questions and speaks to the parks in the right way which is why tpr gets so much for their memebers.

I was there on Thursday and Saturday and Sunday and have still not got on Saw, maybe I sould have gone with tpr and not the group I went with lol and I bet there are a few others that think that as well.

Good trip report, I spent the day mainly chatting to people and speaking to some ride ops who explained what the problem with Saw was. As much as I do not blame Thorpe for the problems with Saw I just wonder what testing they done and why the problem was not found, something that major should have been noticed.

Anyway I agree with what Tom said, yes Thorpe know they messed up and thats why they gave out passes and return tickets all in all its a big PR fail for them. I can forgive them for Saw just not everything else that went wrong. I have spent £100 to ride Saw and still not got on it

^ Yeah, the other sites there on Thursday had mostly local people who didn't put as much effort into getting there. We had people who had taken afternoons/days off work and travelled for hours (no names mentioned ) to get on the ride. Plus I'm not sure any of the other sites even approached the park about the problems.

Dave

Dave,

I also took a day off work and travelled over 200 miles that day so yes I also put effort in, I know some people came down from Scotland for it.

But yes I agree I think its all about how people speak to the parks, which is why I feel let down by the people I went with. I wish I had spoken to memebers from tpr on the day as well as it would have been a good chance to get to know people.

But it does not matter now I will get on it soon.

brilliant video Craig very funny,

Just read that Thorpe Park kept having power cut yesterday making every ride brake down.

Lets hope day Three of the session gets off to a good start or Thorpe Park will be running at a loss with all the free tickets they are having to give out.

will be running at a loss with all the free tickets they are having to give out.

Well, no, they're not as generous as they sound! They haven't refunded anyone anything, they're just now getting people who wouldn't normally come back to come back (because it's "free") who then buy food, drinks and fastpasses!

They were giving free tickets out yesterday as well though, which was funny. I'm going tomorrow because Saw opened and ran today, so I'm hoping it'll be a case of fourth time lucky!

I'm going tomorrow because Saw opened and ran today, so I'm hoping it'll be a case of fourth time lucky!

I did speak to someone on Saturday and he said "give it a week to settle in and it will be flying".

Just hope it working tomorrow for you Fry.

I think it is the case with most parks over here. When they open for the season things like to break down alot until they have been run in again. Its nothing new.

I've known Chessington to still have Scaffhold covering Rameses Revenge for the opening week.

Rob is right in what he was told, i'm sure in a week or 2 it will be running as smooth as babys bottom, but hopefully without the smell of a babys bottom.

Yes been chatting to people that went on Monday and today and Saw has been fine.

Would be the days I have not been lol.

Thursday broken I was there.

Friday worked I was not there.

Saturday it broke, I was there.

Sunday broken I was there.

From Monday all ok.

I am happy they have it working now though, the problems were not Thorpes fault.