TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Off-Season Aerial Shots over Cedar Point!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very breath-taking photos. Sky shots are always the best. Quite nice of your friend to fly you up there for some photos.

Wicked Twister repairs on one of the towers. I'm somewhat surprised about it. But hopefully it'll be fixed before Cedar Point opens up for the Summer.

Can't wait to be working there this Summer. I'm going to have a blast.

These pictures are great! I can't wait to visit CP again. Most likely in 2010. Any ideas for a new coaster? I heard that it will most definitely be an Intamin because of a contract that CP signed with Intamin that stated that CP would build 5 Intamins by 2010 (They have built 4 so far)? Any conformation of this.

Would love to see a Pre-Fab

These pictures are great! I can't wait to visit CP again. Most likely in 2010. Any ideas for a new coaster? I heard that it will most definitely be an Intamin because of a contract that CP signed with Intamin that stated that CP would build 5 Intamins by 2010 (They have built 4 so far)? Any conformation of this.

Who told you this? Dip'n Dots guy?

^What problems? Cost maybe, but Intamin has been a saving grace for CF parks, IMO! Look at how much Knotts improved with Xcelerator, they drew HUGE crowds for the opening day in 2002, and that has been the standout of the park!

CF couldn't be any more of an "Intamin park" with 4 of them, and they all really helped CP gain it's 'runaway' success status as one of the top parks in the world. Heck, if it weren't for Intamin, CP wouldn't wouldn't be nearly as big as it is with them!

I'm just stating what I think, but I think that most people will agree that, even with some technical problems that are expensive, they REALLY helped CF parks gain some good status.

Who told you this? Dip'n Dots guy?

No. I read it in a post on TPR or another coaster site. I'm not sure about it though but it would narrow down the possibiities.

If I may add to the list of Compliments here!!!

Truely Brilliant Photos! WOW!!

I LOve Cedar Point and I could picture one of your photos on my office or bedroom wall!! Just Beautiful.

Thank you so much for sharing these, They really are works of ART!!!

Oh... Last summer when I was at CP, I remember sitting and watching that very same piece of WT sway back and forth each time the train would go up it. It's no surprise to me to see it needed repair or to be replaced! Was fun to watch!!

Thanks for posting the photos, like everyone said I concur - awesome.

With Wicked Twister, if memory serves me right they have had problems with the top of the spikes before and had to re-weld them whatever they do.

Great photos. My first visit to CP was when Magnum was their newest coaster. Back then it seemed SOOOOO big (both the coaster and the park). These photos of yours put it all in perspective today.

Thanks for taking that ride and sharing the photos.

If I may add to the list of Compliments here!!!

Truely Brilliant Photos! WOW!!

I LOve Cedar Point and I could picture one of your photos on my office or bedroom wall!! Just Beautiful.

Thank you so much for sharing these, They really are works of ART!!!

Oh... Last summer when I was at CP, I remember sitting and watching that very same piece of WT sway back and forth each time the train would go up it. It's no surprise to me to see it needed repair or to be replaced! Was fun to watch!!

Well the track needs to sway a bit or else it would snap, but maybe it was swaying too much or something, and they have to repair it once in a while.

I heard that they are getting either a Flyer(B&M), Dive Machine or Intamins first Splitting Coaster. I dont know.

But the Anticipation over the next year will kill people

Robby

Yeah, i agree. But as for a Flyer, i think that they are overrated and wouldnt really fit well in CP, but a Dive Machine, Splitting Coaster, or Intamins LSM Ball Coaster would all be very cool. I do think that CP is due for another B&M . We'll just have to wait and see

Hahahahaha, first of all, contracts like this don't exist. Second, Kinzel has said there will be no pre-fabs at the Point already, if I remember correctly it was at Coastermania.

Great pictures, however. Looks like they're starting to get things ready to go for opening day!