TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

John's Fairgrounds (1950) (RCT3)

(Well this is my new park. Now I knwo it looks a bit liek my old ones but his time I plan on having a actual timeline with real years and such. It'll start out as a fairground in the 1950's and hopefully grow. So anyways I hope you enjoy what's here. The park is set in England outside the city of Bristol)

Well I just returned from a visit to a small time local fairground and have been asked to produce this small article (no internet then so I'm going pretendign this is a small leaflet type thing) of the park by a man there with a few of the photos he saw me taking. This man it would appear is the propertier of the park, one John Harrington. The park he told me was started due to his recent visits to the US and his love of the small fairs there. The rides cost rather a lot he told me as he had to get most shipped in and so the fair was only small but he was hoping success woudl allow him to expand and provide more fun for the local residents.

I enjoyed my day and the rides provided quite a lto of amusemnt to me and my family and a welcoem break from the normally dull daily routine. This was the first photo I took as we arrived and as you can see the park is quite popular with the locals .

This shows my favourite ride the Whip (OOC: Yer it dosent have as many cars as the actual real life ones do but it was the best I could come up with). Manufactured by Sellner Manufacturing I was told that the ride had been bought off of a fair in Europe but was only 2 years old.

Now these were fun. A row of game stalls including spinning a wheel and throwing coconuts. Great fun and prizes to be won as well including ride tickets.

Finally the fairs biggesr attraction the Chance Skywheel and whata great ride it was too. A bit scary at the top as the car swings around but very fun.

Well thast it for now. Theres more stuff there that I will get photos of for you next time but for now I hope you enjoy the little piece abotu the fair and I hope you'll be abel to visit it and enjoy the day as much as I did.

(OOC: So this is my newest park and although small I hope you like it so far.

Cheers

89James89)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand.

All of your little parks look SO good...but then you go off and start a new park, which is the EXACT SAME as all the others. Why do you not continue your other farm/fair parks, which while good, hardly differ from this one?

It just gets repetitive, and too much of a good thing...isn't so good.

Replies:

DBru: Yer I know your right. I aim to stay with this one though.

jps294: Thanks and see above for the comment abotu starting laods of parks.

---------------------------------

Well here are few more pictures that I've managed to get for you all today after another visit to the small fair. John Harrington was there as well and told me that the park had been makign quite a lot of money considering it was so small and was quite happy with its success so far.

Anyway these are the pictures I took today while at the fair. Daytime ones again as I had go see relatives in the evenings. I will get some night times photo's for you all though so dont worry. The first thing that i took a look at today was the large tent you may have noticed in the background of first photo I took last time.

It appears to be a circus though not really a very large one and is apparently owned by the park as well. Unfourtunately I didn't have time to watch a show and the owner assured me it was better viewed at night anyway. The next photo is of the first ride you see as you come into the park the old Merry Go Round. Apparently this was travelling with a struggling fair somewhere up country and so John decided to have ti live on here instead of scrapped. Its believed that it was built in 1939 making it 11 years old but it still runs in very good condition.

Then there's the helter skelter. A small ride for the younger ones tucked away at the side of the park behind The Whip.

Speaking of which I took another photo of The Whip just beacause its my favourtie ride here.

There you go that's all for now. Like I said above I promise to get some photo's of the fair at night and also the circus show for you. So till then I hope these keep you happy.

Replies:

AlmereStars: Thanks and I'm glad I've managed to get a 50's look to it.

------------------

Well just retutned and this time managed to view the circus show. I got a couple of pictures but mostly it'll be a written review.

Well as we all entered the tent I could see the centre ring was a bit small so I wasn't expecting much but despite the performane being a bit strange in the theme behind it it was still pleasant to watch and a little entertaining. Much more entertaining for the younger crowds it would appear as my younger sister loved it and it wasn't long enough to bore them so all in all it was pretty good.

As the below picture shows you can see why I said the theming was a bit weird. John had told me before the show had started that they were going for a apparent American West theme rather than a traditional clown theme and so this would explain the cowgirl entertainers.

The circus animals included the monkey you can see on the left which spent most of the time stealing the entertainers hats and a parrot that copied what one of the entertainers was saying.

About half way throguh one of the entertainers disappeared and was replaced by this tiger. It was obvious that the tiger was a dressed up entertainer but the kids found it funny espically when it started doing tricks so it was all good.

All in all it was nice but aimed more to the younger audiences.

The rest of the photos are just area of the park at night. I actually preferred it at night as the colours made the place really glow and look nice and inviting. Below is a photo of Skywheel which looks really imposing at night and was a much funner ride at night than the day.

This hasn't been photoed before but it is the main place for food in the fair and will serve you american style burgers which are pretty tasty actually. More of the american influence that John has put into the park.

These are the games stalls at ngiht which again look pretty nice.

Thats all for this trip and as were quite the way into the year and John has already told me he plans to add a few things for the next year I'll keep a close eye on it and let you know if anything develops.

(OOC: this shows the problem with using a terrain pathcover in that it dosent light up like the normal path would but I don't think it looks that bad to be honest.

Cheers

89James89)

Replies:

megamatt: Thanks and I hope I can keep it up!

-----------------------

Well I was told last time that their would be a few things planned for next year as I had said in the last article but I wasn't expecting what I saw yesterday evening when I visited the park. There was indeed construction and a few new things as the following photos show.

This shows a new small stall that was selling mulled wine which I take it is due to it being early November and for christmas. The fencing surrounds a couple of portable toilets that the fair has been needing for a while now. I'm not to sure on the placing but oh well.

Below is the real construction though. Despite my protests however John wasn't letting up and allowing me to see what was behind the fences but I got he best photo I could for you all.

And lastly heres a picture I took of the Circus tent as it would appear they have raised it a little bit. I'm not sure what for though and it appeared to be not running any shows so I couldn't get any photos of the inside so this will have to do.

This is it for this article and I'll be returning around christmas to see if I can get anything more on the construction for you.

(OOC: Firstly sorry for how dark the pictures have come out and I realise it may be a bit hard to see some details so I apologise for that. Secondly the tent was changed after a comment on another website saying how it looked wierd on the ground and I kind of agreed so changed it to this which I reckon looks a lot better despite the colours not matching up completly

Cheers

89James89)

Replies:

Six Flags Enthuseast: Thanks and I'm glad I've managed to achieve the 1950's look.

triggernel: Umm well I don't have a set amount of updates for each year depends what I want to take photos of. At the moment this is the last update of this year.

------------------

Well that was a nice suprise for my younger sister. The new building was completed when we visited this time but first I got a photo of the circus tent in the day time. I hear they may be adding some things to the act for next years performances.

Right now onto what you all really want to see. What the new construction actually was. Well heres a photo in case you want to guess before I tell you below.

Well its a santa grotto. Basically you go in and pay a small amount for the young kids to visit santa and at the end receive a small bag of sweets. My younger sister really enjoyed it and now cant stop talking about christmas but oh well as long as shes happy.

That was it for this year so I'll see you all early next year to see what changes if any the fair has made.