TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27th Season

I spent the whole day at the park and left with a painful sunburn. I need to remember to bring that sunscreen next time!

After the removal of the log flume, I've made a point to pay more attention to the classic rides at the park, such as Vortex.

Speaking of Deer Park Plunge, very little work has been done on the site since the flume was removed. There have been rumors that the ride was removed because the land it was built on is unstable. Hmm...

Undertaker was running pretty rough today. I hope it wasn't that paint job!

Now to go put some Aloe Vera on this burn!

Signing off,

Tommy

Edited by coasterdude5

27th Season

So far there have been few rumors about next year. As I was at the park today I looked around for possible markers but I couldn't find anything.

It's very possible that we won't see anything big until the company recovers... which could be a long ways off.

I think it will be a while before we see another big coaster.

Tidal Wave's operation has been spotty lately.

The park wasn't crowded today at all. The heat probably kept some people away, as well as the threat for rain.

Now it's time for a ride on Bizarro...have a great rest of the day!

Signing off,

Tommy

27th Season

I've heard some exciting news: next year's new attraction will be built on the old Deer Park Plunge site. We should be seeing some activity around this area very soon.

I like seeing Bizarro from this angle. Is it sad that I started typing Superman? It's been six months since the coaster was renamed.

The park wasn't too crowded today. Most lines never exceeded 15 minutes. That's pretty typical for a mid-summer weekday.

Strangely, Undertaker was closed for the entire time I was at the park. Hmm...

Tony Hawk is still very popular with the families (of four anyway).

Some poor woman lost her lunch on Gotham City Crime Wave. Unfortunately this is not a rare occurence.

Signing off,

Tommy

27th Season

Today was a hot summer day. The lines were long but I stayed at the park for most of the day.

I've heard a new Batman show will take place in the Gotham theater next year.

I also heard that this is the area of the park to watch for future development. I'm assuming they're talking about the large plot of land that was once home to SkyCoaster.

Riding Tony Hawk at night is interesting to say the least.

Luckily for me the lines died down once the sun set.

It was still a decent wait, though.

Signing off,

Tommy

27th Season

Below are a few more pictures from my visit at the park yesterday:

A friend that works at the park let me walk on the Gotham Theater stage. I wonder if the actors are ever distracted by Green Falcon. But I bet they're not coaster enthusiasts.

There hasn't been anything too particularly interesting happening around the mainstreet area lately.

I wish this trampoline ride didn't cost so much. It's a lot of fun.

...and Batman says goodnight!

Signing off,

Tommy

Faithful followers,

May is probably the last full month of updates from Six Flags South Carolina. I've had a great time with this project but like many have said, all good things must come to an end.

I originally said that I will take the park through 2011. That is true. You will see the park's fate, be it good or bad. However, 2010 will be the last full year of updates. 2010 updates will be bigger, with hopefully at least 10 pictures per update. I'm going to show you every nook and cranny of the park. We'll also delve into the park's history. There's some rides that even I've probably forgotten about. I've been working on this park for over 2 years!

You all have been so good to me over these past two years. You've continued to compliment, critique, or simply comment on updates both exciting and mundane. Even though I haven't replied to each of you individually, know that your feedback is invaluable to me.

We still have a couple updates left for 2009 before 2010 begins. I expect 2010 to run for around three weeks, with the final updates being posted later this month or early next month.

But that's not all...

Design a Billboard Contest

Six Flags has purchased one of the billboards near the one park's perimeter avenues. We have enlisted you to design an attractive billboard that reflects the park's fun, family-friendly atmosphere. With that being said, we are leaving the rest up to you. You may use any of the photos from this thread. Your billboard can be simple or photoshopped to the max. The choice is yours.

The picture must be around 800x500 pixels in size. Small variations in size is allowed.

Entries must be posted in this thread by Saturday, May 7, 2011.

The winning entry will be placed on the billboard for the 2011 season. I will also post honorable mention winners as well.

Good luck!

I am so sad seeing the park come to an end. This is my, and will always be my favorite RCT3 park. So much time, detail, ect was put into this park. Most people by now would have left the project. i look forward to see what you have up your sleeve!! But I can also say I am glad to see whats in the parks future! Maybe you could let a close RCT3 friend continue the park...maybe a horrible tornado could hit...so many possibilities. Will you delete the park after you are finished? Will you continue to make awsome parks? Will you post a list of CS? Will you allow someone to use the park name?

CANT WAIT!!!

27th Season

2010 rumors are heating up. I've heard everything from a new coaster to a new restaurant.

This is a dated picture. There's since been a lot of ground work done to this area. It looks like everything has been flattened out. I wonder if this points to a flat ride...

This area of the park could certainly use a new attraction.

The park isn't really "overdue" for a new coaster, but I know many enthusiasts have been hoping for a new wooden coaster.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Signing off,

Tommy