TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

Offseason Update

It's been quite a while, hasn't it? College has proven to be a lot more challenging than high school, but I think I'm handling it well. It's February and the park is rumored to make an announcement regarding this upcoming season within the week. I'm not getting my hopes up. With the turmoil the company as a whole has been experiencing lately, I don't expect anything of any real value this season. But we'll see.

I came across a few interesting pictures of the park from way back in the 70s:

Here you can see the park's old mine train coaster, Carolina Calamity. It's a shame I never got to ride... it seemed like a fun little coaster.

This is the picture that got me. It's unbelievable how much the park has changed in the past 25+ years. No Gotham City Backlot, no Undertaker, no Batman, no nothing! The park sure has come a long way since its humble beginning.

I'll be back home soon to bring you updates. Stay tuned!

Signing off,

Tommy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Announcement

Six Flags South Carolina Announces New Dining and Entertainment Options for 2007

Six Flags South Carolina will welcome well-known restaurant brand, Johnny Rocket's, at several locations within the park in 2007. From juicy burgers to creamy milkshakes, this American-themed counter-service restaurant will expand the already diverse dining options at the park.

The Starburst Summer Concert Series, a Summer-long concert series featuring national acts such as Panic! at the Disco and Hinder will begin Memorial Day Weekend.

"We are always looking to improve guest experience, and connecting our guests with known brands such as Johnny Rocket's and with a great concert series, we look forward to this year."

Johnny Rocket's will open at two locations within Six Flags South Carolina in 2007.

The Starburst Summer Concert Series will begin Memorial Day weekend.

25th Season

It's great to be back in South Carolina! After an extended period of time away, it's better than ever to be back in home country. I stopped by the park on my way in so I didn't stay long but I did notice some of the new changes to the park this year.

It is great to see this skyline again!

I went straight to V2 after getting inside the park.

The old Greenway Cafe has been extensively remodeled and is now a Johnny Rocket's. The food is alot better but the prices are outrageous.

The exterior really changes the mainstreet area of the park.

Not too far from Johnny Rocket's is the freshly-painted Green Pearl theater, now home to the Starburst Concert Series. It's an interesting color.

I'll have more photos soon!

Signing off,

Tommy

The old Greenway Cafe has been extensively remodeled and is now a Johnny Rocket's. The food is alot better but the prices are outrageous.

Oh noes. It looks soo good,.. i really want to have some lunch at Johnny Rocket's, but i´m unfortunatly not that rich

Nice update!

25th Season

I went by the park late this afternoon to take a couple spins on a few of my favorite rides at the park... mainly Superman!

I forgot to mention yesterday that Chaos was removed during the off-season. The ride was rarely operating. This was probably for the better. I wonder what the plans are to replace it? Currently the ride's former foundation is serving as a designated smoking area.

Undertaker's line was 90 minutes long. I decided to pass it for today.

The park was especially crowded for a Friday. However, Superman's line was a more manageable 45 minutes long.

The sun sets over my favorite park in the world. I'll be back soon!

Signing off,

Tommy

25th Season

I was at the park for most of the day today. I went with a large group of friends from high school so I didn't spend a lot of time taking pictures. However I did take note of a few interesting things within the park.

- Six Flags is serious about making a profit. The in-park advertising is borderline intrusive. It's everywhere you go!

- I've heard that the park has no plans for a major thrill ride for the next couple of years. This isn't good (for thrill seekers, at least).

- I've also heard that we should expect to see more well-known food brands next season including Papa John's.

Onto the photos:

I heard that Batman was to be repainted this season but that it was called off at the last minute. It needs a new coat of paint! Perhaps a new color scheme is in order.

One of my friends threw up after riding Gotham City Crime Wave. It'll do that to ya!

I love closing down the park at night. It's fun to be one of the last ones to leave. As you can see here, the Greenway Cafe has been converted into a Johnny Rocket's quick serve location.

Signing off,

Tommy

25th Season

I have more photos for you today!

It's good to see this skyline regularly.

Johnny Rocket's is normally busy, but not today!

I like how some things never change, like the bridge.

Superman actually broke down while I was in line, so I came back at night to ride.

Nighttime rides are the best!

Signing off,

Tommy

25th Season

This season has been slow. I think with the situation that Six Flags is currently in, all the parks are suffering. I just hope that we see some sort of activity in the next couple of years. With the influx of advertisments and the outrageous in-park prices, I can't see how this business model is going to pan out. I guess we'll see.

I heard a bizarre rumor that all Intamin Impulse coasters at Six Flags parks will close at the end of this season. I don't believe it for a minute.

Undertaker is in serious need of a new coat of paint!

More in-park ads...

The concert series has been nice. It's seemed to draw a lot of people to the park that don't normally visit.

Goodnight!

Signing off,

Tommy