TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15th Season

The crowds are still lower than we expect for the park, but people are still visiting the park which of course is a great thing.

It has yet to be determine whether or not I will be able to keep my job when the park is bought but if not then I will do my best to make this the park's best year yet.

- Joseph Reynolds

16219835798_ed7f078afa_o.jpg

There weren't as many people for the opening today as we usually see.

16405716021_03841fc239_o.jpg

It was the perfect day to go the park!

15784994124_1f96351199_o.jpg

It's quite sad to see the park this empty. Though I can't help but think this lack of attendance is related to lack of major attractions as of late.

16221253239_0ab2686193_o.jpg

I hope that the park's new owners will be able to invest more money in this place. It has a great deal of potential.

Edited by coasterdude5

This really has been a great project. I went back and whipped through the first 20 pages or so last night. It's a fun read.

My only complaint is the use of bloom for some of the pictures. It's just a personal observation, as I don't care for it. Oh, and I wish these were uploaded to TPR, not imageshack, so I could see them at work.

What are the specs on your PC? The pics are pretty impressive.

^ I'd love to upload these to TPR, but because of the lack of time and the fact that I post these updates at several other forums, it just isn't feasible. I have a Dell Studio XPS 16 computer... it gets the job done!

15th Season

Crowds are dismal. That's the only way to desribe the current situation. The attempt to find a new owner has, as of this moment, been unsuccessful.

- Joseph Reynolds

16381489876_67a4d0983e_o.jpg

This is the first weekend of the summer vacation season. This area of the park should be packed.

15787431893_3f25457f2a_o.jpg

However, the park looks more like a weekday after schools have started back.

16405716031_9fdeebe7e7_o.jpg

We have lowered ticket prices but unfortunately we haven't seen an increase in attendance.

16405715981_c322054a6b_o.jpg

Hopefully a new owner will be found.

Edited by coasterdude5

15th Season

It's midseason and we are already starting to feel the effects of Funtime leaving Charleston Gardens Amusement Park. I received notice last night that I would be relocated to a different Funtime property in Ohio. Seasonal workers have been notified that Funtime will not be rehiring again next year.

This has all been difficult to swallow but we cannot forget that all hope is not lost for the park. I have heard rumors that two separate entertainment companies are looking at Charleston Gardens. Both have expressed interest in the park but have not made any serious committments yet.

I will try to update you on this as frequently as possible, but it looks as if I need to start searching for a new home in Ohio.

- Joseph Reynolds

16406549552_6a4985ab46_o.jpg

The Magic Carpet at Charleston Gardens Amusement Park

16221253619_5b945d4f91_o.jpg

Funtime constructed this path to make the park seem easily expandable to possible buyers.

15784994014_f3831c165f_o.jpg

During the offseason the ground was raised around what was the train bridge to reduce flooding risks.

15784993994_db5c4fb5be_o.jpg

It's also not as long of a walk up the hill.

Edited by coasterdude5

When it looks great and I could never pull it off it looks like I've seen it before a dozen times to be honest with you CD5, the quality is great and of a very high level but I'd to see something new that isn't a flatride placed in a nice area because for me a themepark schould not be all themeing and you desperately need more rides...

Concerning a buyout I'm all fan of SF buying it and placeing a B:TR in this park because it screams for a major ride again, something that looks good on a billboard or in a commercial

15th Season

The summer season is underway and while the crowds are coming, they are not what we would normally see this time of year.

- Joseph Reynolds

16406549152_69c1d90f30_o.jpg

Vulture's station stands silent as the ride was down for most of the day.

16405715561_099904bdfc_o.jpg

It was a nice day for the log flume.

16407472905_757857827d_o.jpg

SkyWheel

16221253549_9914b89e21_o.jpg

Have a nice day!

Edited by coasterdude5

(This is meant to be seen as a fan letter, from Cleveland, Ohio.)

Mr. Reynolds,

What do you think of the draw to Cedar Point's new hyper, Magnum XL-200? I was there recently and the lines were 2-3 hours long, maybe Charleston Gardens can build something similar to be noticed by thrillseekers once again?

I've been going to the Gardens for vacation since 1983. Maybe the park could draw in crowds this way!

Just thinking out loud!

Daniel S.

I'd be sad to see this park come to an end, but if it means you will put more of your focus on Herhey Hawaii, then that would be even better.

You didn't read his last HHE update did you?

Haha yeah i just read it now before i checked out this thread, i almost cried.