TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

Great job on the park! It's too bad that some rides had to leave recently, but I know it's all apart of a plan to suprise us...

If only my computer was working, I'd make a sign for this contest. I have an idea in mind for it.

How did you post this if your computers not working?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget that billboards must be posted in this thread by this Saturday!

27th Season

Today's my last day before I leave for school and embark on my senior year of school. It's very hard to believe.

The 2010 announcement is due to take place on Friday. I'll be sure to relay the news to you all.

I won't be seeing this for a while...

Have you ever noticed that all of the major steel coasters' lift hills point in the same direction?

Batman's queue greenery sure has filled in.

I have a feeling that it's going to be a long off-season.

I'll see you next year!

Signing off,

Tommy

Announcement

Pirates are coming to Charleston.

Six Flags South Carolina in Charleston announced yesterday afternoon that Buccaneer Battle, a new interactive water ride, will be unveiled at the park in May.

The pirate-themed attraction incorporates lighting, music, dialogue, costumes, set design and special effects, said the park's spokesperson.

Buccaneer Battle, manufactured by Mack Rides, will feature 10 pirate ships carrying eight passengers each through a 450-foot channel.

As the cars navigate the channel, the battle begins as passengers armed with powerful soaker guns take aim at each other, targets and spectators.

Gabbert said some targets will fire back at the passengers, while others display a variety of special effects. And, the spectators, of course, will be armed with the same soaker guns.

Construction has already begun on the ride, which will be located across from the park's Green Falcon rollercoaster.

I realy can't wait untill 2011!

I'm in love with this park, the detail, the effort put into it, ...

Everything fits so good!

I was following this project aleady for months on SGW but shame on me that I never commented before.

I realy need to comment some more on projects because this one is amazing!

You get this one: This park is holy!

^ I promise it will not.

Congrats to djf at Shyguys World for winning the billboard contest!

28th Season

I am officially a college graduate! College was easily the greatest time of my life and I can't wait to see where I go from here. I'll be in Charleston this summer as I begin to look for work, although with the current state of the job market I might have to go elsewhere. Obviously my dream job would be working at the park but I don't want to get my hopes up for that one.

I went to the park today to check out Buccaneer Battle. I've heard great things about it.

This billboard is MUCH better than the old basic Six Flags logo!

Hello, Six Flags South Carolina. It's been too long.

I rode V2 first - no lines!

Buccaneer Battle does a great job filling the void left by Deer Park Plunge. Some of the ride's rockwork was even incorporated into Buccaneer Battle.

The ride is perfect for families. Everyone, including non-riders, can participate.

The water guns on the boat allow you to soak other riders.

There's also a new waterfall from Buccaneer Battle down to Swan Lake. It's quite beautiful.

After a couple spins on Buccaneer Battle, I needed something to dry me off but I didn't want to pay $10 for the "family dryer." Batman's the next best thing.

It'll dry you very quickly.

Today was a great day. I'll be back tomorrow for sure.

Signing off,

Tommy

Looks great! I will be sad when it comes to an end.

As far as a finish, I think another hurricane hitting the park and it going SBNO ala SFNO would be a way to finish it off. The park has been hit by a hurricane before. While a SFNO Scenario is less likely in SC, it would be possible that many rides would be damaged beyond repair. Just an idea. You have done a great job with the park.

28th Season

I spent another full day at the park today. I'm celebrating graduation, I suppose (or putting off the job hunt).

Riding the tram to the entrance provides one with a great view of the lake.

Undertaker seems to be running faster than normal this season.

Let's see what's happening over on this side of the park.

Tony Hawk's Big Spin had a 2 hour long wait today. No thanks!

Buccaneer Battle's line hasn't surpassed an hour yet due to the large number of boats.

I love the waterfall. The sound of it is certainly better than the Miley Cyrus music being pumped through the speakers.

It's definitely not Pirates of the Caribbean, but it's a heavily-themed ride for Six Flags' standards.

Today was a perfect day for a soaking ride.

Derecho received a small rehab during the offseason. It's running much smoother this year.

It was definitely a full day!

Signing off,

Tommy

28th Season

I spent another full day at the park today. I'm celebrating graduation, I suppose (or putting off the job hunt).

Signing off,

Tommy

Lol. I did that. Graduated college in May and didn't start looking for a job until September. One last summer vacation

28th Season

The weather's warming up and with that comes the mass crowds. I spent an early June Saturday at the park... what can you do?

I got to the park an hour before it opened and the parking lot was already filling up... not a good sign.

Fun Fact: a private patio once overlooked this small pond. Management would use it for conferences, lunch breaks, etc. It was destroyed during Hugo.

I've heard a nasty rumor that Granny's Bakery might be converted into a "Cyber Cafe" next season. Hopefully it doesn't happen. Granny's was here before Six Flags bought the park!

It's one of the few Charleston Gardens-influenced eateries left in the park.

Hint: don't ride Gotham City Crime Wave after eating.

Buccaneer Battle had a lengthy line today. Needless to say, I did not ride.

Undertaker is my favorite coaster at the park. I think.

Someone threw up on Green Falcon so it was closed for about an hour.

I love being in the park when they start to turn the lights on. The whole park comes to life (even more).

Thanks for reading!

Signing off,

Tommy

28th Season

I've been spending most of my days at the park lately. Is that a bad thing? Oh well. Maybe one of these days I'll make it to the beach.

I did something I've never done before... run to V2 when the park opens. I wanted to beat the masses of middle schoolers.

Ah, the perks of being a season passholder.

Something BIG is coming to the park next season. They've already started clearing the land where Skycoaster once stood. I'll snoop around and see if I can't find out what it is.

Batman departs out of the Batcave...

...as Green Falcon soars above the trees.

Today was a great day to have a giant bucket of water dumped on you.

Hey, there's Green Falcon!

Helpful hint: don't ride Thunder River right before the sunsets. You'll be very cold.

Undertaker... undertaking riders.

This is one of my favorite shots of the ride.

Signing off,

Tommy