TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

24th Season

Firebomb...or Batman? That's an easy decision!

I usually forget that Gotham City Crime Wave is back here!

Another ride that's always closed is Chaos. I heard from a "source" that the ride will likely be removed within a year or two.

I'll see you soon! I only have two weeks left in Charleston!

Signing off,

Tommy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been dabbling in the world of comedy and I've made a music video. Please watch and tell me what you think:

Clearly it's not a serious video and shouldn't be taken as such!

- CD5

24th Season

My Last Day at the Park, Part I

I leave for school tomorrow. What better way to spend my last day in Charleston than at Six Flags. Since 2000, I have been bringing you all updates from this incredible amusement park. It will be hard to leave my friends and family, but it will also be hard to not have access to this park. Worry not, though, as I will continue to make trips to Charleston to visit. I will continue to bring you updates from the park. The updates will just be less frequent.

I'll miss driving up to the park and seeing this view. Although it's changed since 2000, parts of the park will likely remain the same forever.

I remember taking the tram to the entrance as a young child and being mesmerized by the giant rides. They don't seem as big today, but Rebellion still gets me.

Since today is a mid-August weekday, I knew the park wouldnt' be crowded.

I successfully rode every single attraction at the park, sans Chaos and Firebomb (I'll let you guess why).

Green Falcon remains my one of my top three favorite rides at the park. I hope it's just as fun when I return.

I even hopped aboard RoadRunner. If it's one thing the park needs badly, it's another family coaster.

No lines at Undertaker equals several rides.

"Beautiful" isn't one of the first things that comes to many people's minds when they think about a Six Flags park, but I have to say this has to be one of the exceptions. Perhaps it's a leftover from the mindset of the Charleston Gardens management, but I think landscaping has always been a priority here.

On the other side of the park I took a spin on V2, which is another one of my favorites. Luckily it was open today!

I'll have Part II tomorrow.

Signing off,

Tommy

24th Season

My Last Day at the Park, Part II

It sucks to say goodbye, but at least I know that I'll be back soon. This park has done a lot for me throughout my entire childhood.

The front entrance has remained virtually unchanged since the park reopened after Hugo.

Maybe it's a sign of me getting older, but I love people-watching. Perhaps because I can see the younger ones experiencing the park as I did back when I was their age.

Batman was my first looping coaster. I was quite terrified the first time!

Now it's one of my favorites.

But Superman will always hold the top spot on my list.

Bugs Bunny National Park was, in my opinion, one of the best things to happen to the park since Superman.

With much regret I headed to my car and drove away from the park. Seeing Superman's lifthill fade into the horizon was heartbreaking to say the least. I just pray that I can someday move back to Charleston and hopefully work at the park. I know it's far-fetched but what a job that would be!

Thank you all so much for the support over the past several years. I will see you all in the late spring with an update from the park. I'm already counting down the days.

Six Flags South Carolina returns for the five final seasons on March 15, 2011.

I love this park. I hope once you get it up to the present day you continue to make updates every once in awhile (and off season updates). It wouldn't be a ton of work for you and it would give us all something to do in the offseason. I'd hate to see the park get the Geauga Lake treatment or something once it got up to 2010-2011.

Can't wait for the next update... but I guess I'll have to lol.

Sad to hear we only have 5 seasons left.. I was really hoping to see the future of where Six Flags will go But in all honesty, this park is incredible and I know how much time and effort you've spent making it perfect. I know it holds a special place in all of our hearts here on TPR. Keep rockin' it CD5!