TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I'm glad you had a good time!

25th Season

I got the chance to run by the park late this afternoon. My summer job is preventing me from going to the park as often as I was used to, but I still plan on bringing you guys frequent updates!

V2 had a lengthy line everytime I've been to the park this season. The new ride crew must be slow in learning the ropes!

On the other hand, Undertaker's line was abnormally short this afternoon. Hey, more rides for me!

Moving on...

Batman was once the biggest steel coaster at the park... what's happened?

Thanks for reading.

Signing off,

Tommy

25th Season

I DID IT! I rode Skycoaster and it was incredible! The rush as you're falling is something that you can't get on a coaster, not even Rebellion! If it wasn't $25 to ride, I'd ride it everytime I came to the park!

Rollercoasters don't seem so scary anymore!

The weather was great today, perfect for eating outdoors!

The crowds were susprisingly moderate for a Saturday.

I've heard that next year's addition will finally connect Bugs Bunny National Park with Gotham City Backlot. I wonder what it could be, though. We haven't had a big coaster since 2001's V2!

What a day!

Signing off,

Tommy

My God, you finally did it man! But yeah, the new crew on V2 (yes, I know it rhymes) were slow, but a good portion of the queue were pretty cool about it, myself included. I rode the front this time...there's a reason why I ride Impulses in the back...they don't freak me out. lol

The park is just amazing. I almost forgot...when I was there, Vulture had a nice long queue during the lunch break.

I surely hope you continue this past 2011. You're really on the move as far as the years go. This is probably the only RCT3 park that I've been following forever now. There is nothing I can say negetive about this park other then....YOU aren't on there - lol! I agree with Chris Benvenuto though, perhaps you should have a virtual Robb visit the park in an update...maybe Tommy will have the chance to meet him! Heck, you should pretend that the Travel Channel was there filming a segment about Superman for one of their shows!

These are all great ideas! I'll keep them in mind.

25th Season

We're progressing through this season quickly. It seems that way anyway.

I sometimes forget Superman's second half... since it's not as obvious as the first half!

It's just as great, though!

Mainstreet is bustling as always!

Undertaker never disappoints!

Have a great day!

Signing off,

Tommy

25th Season

Today was somewhat a big news day, for the middle of the season at least. Joseph Reynolds announced his retirement at the end of the season. His time at the park dates back well before the park closed due to Hugo. He reclaimed his management position shortly after Six Flags bought the park. He plans on spending more time with his family, but will be assisting the new manager acclimate to the position.

Also, it was announced that Indigo Plunge will now be known as Deer Park Plunge, an obvious sponsorship by the popular bottled water. No word on whether or not the ride will receive any retheming.

Hello Undertaker!

Bugs Bunny National Park was packed today (as was most of the park)!

Have a great day!

Signing off,

Tommy

25th Season

I heard from one of my "sources" today that the park will soon announce the closure of one of the major attractions at the park. He didn't say which one in particular, but I know one coaster that isn't out of the question:

Vulture is the most likely. As unfortunate as it is, the ride has become more uncomfortable to ride each season, and I've heard that the ride's maintenance costs have gone through the roof. I guess we'll see soon enough.

I rode Skycoaster again today!

It wasn't as "breath-taking" but it was still very fun.

I don't believe we have to worry about Undertaker leaving.

Drop!

Have a great day!

Signing off,

Tommy

I've been following this park for few months now, (even before I joined TPR!) and I was so interested I read the first 90+ pages (to what ever the current update was at then) in one sitting. I would like to say that this park is truly amazing and should have a reality show made out of it's awesomeness. Too bad this park isn't real because it would likely be my top priority this summer. Why can't Six Flags run a park this competently now though? (Well I don't know how much food costs here)

Till I saw this I didn't know that a park of this detail and meticulous realism and design was possible in RCT3. (as I am not very good at it)

I've been following this park for few months now, (even before I joined TPR!)

Haha! Me too.

Too bad for Vulture. It was rough, but still kept the certain charm I feel when riding Arrow Swingers. Oh well, I'm sure Six Flags will come up with something to replace it.

25th Season

I've heard that we could know as soon as tomorrow which attraction will be leaving us soon. My money is unfortunately on Vulture, but I guess we won't know for sure until then.

Superman seems to be running really fast lately.

I got several rides in today.

I love airtime, coasters wouldn't be the same without it!

Moving on...

I guess it's time to head home!

I spent a good portion of the day at the park which was great because I don't get to do that as much. I'm looking forward to seeing what next year brings!

Im not a fan of rct3 at all, but every time i see your screens it makes me want to try rct3 again. Its just so....wow. I dont know how else to describe it.

As for Vulture possibly making an exit, sure its a classic ride, but dont forget its making room for bigger and better things in the future

25th Season

Vulture will be leaving us at the end of July. A sign appeared outside the sign that the ride will close on August 1st, 2003, which is only three weeks away. If you haven't been to the park recently - you only have a few more weeks to experience this classic coaster. I thought I'd dedicate the first part of this update to Vulture's history.

Vulture opened in 1984 back when the park was known as Charleston Gardens Amusement Park. It drew alot of attention because many had never seen this style of coaster before.

The ride's five four-seat carriages sped through the trees and down close to the banks of the lake below.

The ride was repainted dark red when Six Flags purchased the park but in recent years has received little attention compared to other coasters at the park.

The sign near Vulture's entrance says that the coaster is closing to make way for a new attraction.

I've been told that Vulture's replacement will not open until 2005. Rather, in 2004, we will see a smaller addition that will connect the Gotham City Backlot with Bugs Bunny National Park. But nothing is confirmed yet.

I suppose it will take some time to dismantle Vulture.

Vulture will be greatly missed.

1984 - 2003

I'll see you next season.

Signing off,

Tommy