TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24th Season

Hello all! We are only a few weeks away from opening weekend and the city is eagerly anticipating the opening of Bugs Bunny National Park. The local newspaper showed the following photo in today's edition:

The photograph shows the nearly-completely train station. I can't wait for opening weekend!

Signing off,

Tommy

24th Season

Hello once again! Today is opening day and I have finally experienced Bugs Bunny National Park and it is a hit! This area is just what the park needed. We finally have a kids area!

The area has an entrance of its own between Tidal Wave and Vulture. The area is basically a dead end, but I hear that it will eventually be expanded to reach Gotham City Backlot, making a complete loop.

The area is heavily wooded - if it wasn't for Superman I'd forget I was at Six Flags South Carolina!

The Fort Run might be my favorite part of the entire area. The giant structure has lots of little interactive areas for kids, and don't forget the giant bucket of water that tips over every few minutes!

The new train station is a huge plus for people that don't want to walk all the way from the front of the park to the back.

Tweety's Twee House is a great ride for the little ones.

I'll have more pictures from opening day tomorrow!

Signing off,

Tommy

24th Season

Below are some more photos from opening day. It's been a week since the area opened and I've been told that the crowds are even bigger this weekend. Word of mouth, folks, word of mouth!

Superman is still considered the best coaster at the park by most.

Although we can't forget about the classics!

Bugs Bunny Fort Run will be great for those sweltering July afternoons!

I was told that some themeing is still yet to be put up.

Opening weekend lines are always short when there's no new coaster!

More soon!

Signing off,

Tommy

24th Season

I went by the park last night, and for a Friday night it was pretty busy!

V2 had a pretty lengthy line when I first got to the park.

Gotham City Backlot wasn't quite as busy.

Undertaker was down for about an hour. I think someone barfed on one of the trains!

Bugs Bunny National Park is incredibly seclusive.

Until next time!

Signing off,

Tommy

The Fort Run might be my favorite part of the entire area. The giant structure has lots of little interactive areas for kids, and don't forget the giant bucket of water that tips over every few minutes!

What custom scenery set did you get the tipping bucket? I've been looking for something like this forever!

24th Season

I think describing today as "rainy" would be an understatement! Luckily, however, there were breaks in the rain so I did get to ride a few rides before leaving.

Uh oh, this doesn't look good!

Although, falling faster than the raindrops on Rebellion was cool.

Rides would operate for a while and then shut down again when the rain would pick back up.

Later in the day the clouds began to clear.

The park had for the most part emptied out. I guess people gave up after playing games with the rain.

A few stuck around to get one last ride on RoadRunner Railway.

Signing off,

Tommy

24th Season

Hello everybody! The summer season is now underway and you can definitely see more families at the park now with the opening of Bugs Bunny National Park. I'm glad the area has been a success.

A show featuring Bugs and his gang shows here a few times each day.

Tugboat Turnover is a real fun little ride.

It's great for the whole family.

Today I heard a rumor that Vortex might be leaving us. I hope not, as it's one of the more thrilling flatrides in the park.

Goodbye!

Signing off,

Tommy