TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know SFA's Batwing is a Vekoma flyer, but what's stopping Six Flags South Carolina from using a B&M flyer using the Batwing theming? Throughout Six Flags there are many roller coaster which share the same name and logo, but are by different manufacturers, like Goliath for instance and Viper.

23rd Season

No news lately, the park should make an announcement within the next few days. I've heard that ground clearing has begun across the lake besides the lower part of Vulture. The train has also closed for the remainder of the season. Hmmm...

Undertaker's still doing its thing.

Today was a great day for a ride on Thunder River.

Gotham City Backlot has remained unchanged since it opened a few years ago.

Emerald Bay has changed quite a bit since it opened!

Signing off,

Tommy

23rd Season

I apologize for not updating the website over the past couple of weeks. After the attacks I haven't been quite up for going to the park, but I did drop by the park the weekend before the 11th and got some interesting photos:

A lot of land clearing is going on in the area behind Tidal Wave. The park should make an announcement regarding 2002 any day now.

V2's reliability seems to be improving.

Batman was closed for a portion of the day today.

Let's go this way!

It was a nice day at the park.

Signing off,

Tommy

23rd Season

Six Flags will announce plans for the 2002 season on Monday! I'm very excited to hear what the park intends to do with that large plot of land I photographed a few weeks ago.

Here's another shot of the plot of land. Perhaps this new addition will connect Harbortown with the Gotham City Backlot

It appears as if Indigo Plunge is safe for another year.

I took advantage of the short lines and took a ride on V2.

Hangtime on V2 never gets old.

Everybody looks like ants from the top of the tower.

The park was pretty crowded today.

Thanks for reading! I'll see you next season.

Signing off,

Tommy

My one problem with the shot of the ant-sized people from V2 is that it looks like whoever took the shot will slam into that support at very high speed. Nothing much, but unrealistic by this park's standards.

If this place was coaster Nirvana, there might be a ginormous William Cobb double-tracked coaster, similar to Le Monstre at La Ronde. All the best Canadian woodies (including Upper Clement's tree topper) were by them.

Too bad they're gone.

Other than that, I agree with Vekoma Dutchman

^ And it may be just a coincidence. I'm certain they got great coasters because they were just the most visited and most convenient.

Announcement

Next year at Six Flags South Carolina, parents and their young children will explore Bugs Bunny National Park, an all-new, wilderness-themed children's area with tons of fun for little ones. Located on one of Six Flags South Carolina's three picturesque lakes, this new kids' area, featuring Bugs Bunny and his Looney Tunes pals, will become the first area of the park completely dedicated to the younger crowd and families. Families will enjoy the great outdoors with new rides, an interactive water play feature, plus a lakeside theater with a high-spirited show for kids and a snack bar with lots of sweet treats.

Attractions include:

ROADRUNNER RAILWAY - Take a ride on this mild but wild rollercoaster with gentle dips and fun turns that the entire family can enjoy.

TUG BOAT TURNOVER - Watch out for those rocks! This spinning and rocking boat ride will be the voyage of a lifetime!

TWEETY'S TWEE HOUSE - These two small side-by-side hopper towers are a great for the little ones not quite ready for the Rebellion.

BUGS BUNNY FORT RUN - Kids and families alike will love this treehouse in the wilderness. Interactive water and play features will be found around every turn. Fun bridges and other structures allow kids to let their imaginations run wild.

GOOD TIMES THEATER - Catch a light-hearted show with all the Looney Tunes crew at this lakeside theater.

GOOD TIMES SNACK BAR - Get a bite to eat and keep your eyes peeled, you never know what kind of characters will show up at this eatery!

CAROLINA RAILWAY - Catch the Carolina Railway train at this brand new station!

The brand new area is scheduled to open in the Spring of 2002. Season passes can be purchased at SixFlags.com/SouthCarolina

CLICK FOR LARGER VIEW