TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just KEEP it and just build the B&M Flyer somewhere else in the park that has an ride worth to destory, and also look at other parks today they still have Arrow Suspended Coasters like King Islands Top Gun, Cedar Points Iron Dragon, SFMM Ninja,and many many more suspended coasters are still up and running but if you need parts call Premeir Rides they should make some for you and so what it cost alot,just wonder how much an B&M Flyer would cost,but its your choice to take the AWESOME ARROW DOWN or not.

^Sadly, there are only 5 Arrow suspended coasters operating today. In addtion to the three you mentioned, Vortex at Canada's Wonderland and Vampire at Chessington in England are the only ones still in operation.

Awesome shots as always CD5! Keep up the amazing work.

23rd Season

The park was a bit more crowded today since many students are out of school for Spring Break this week.

It's still early in the day.

Vertical Velocity opened about an hour late this morning, and I was lucky enough to be on one of the first trains out.

It's fun to watch the coaster from across the lake.

This part is very intense depending on where you're sitting.

Signing off,

Tommy

^ Other than the continual off-season track welding rehab, the coaster ran consistently during the regular season. I never saw it down. It always had a line.

Anyway, Vulture is a second generation Arrow suspended, and there is 3 of those still around, the oldest being Iron Dragon at 1987...

Vulture is similar to BBW in its layout and maybe its forces...

Its removal is at greater risk...

(I miss Heatwave)

23rd Season

I haven't been to the park in a couple of weeks so I decided to check it out earlier today. I've heard work will soon begin on next year's addition, which is supposed to be the biggest the park has seen in a while!

Oh hello, Six Flags!

The lines were moderate - the longest I waited for a coaster was about 30 minutes.

V2 usually has a longer line due to its one-train operation.

Superman's lines have definitely shortened since V2's opening.

This is only a hunch - but I wonder if Indigo Plunge will be removed to make way for next year's addition...

Signing off,

Tommy

23rd Season

I've heard some interesting rumors about the future of Six Flags South Carolina recently. Some are saying that the park will continue with its mega-coaster building pattern. However, there are some holes in this theory. If Six Flags continues to build these thrill rides, the ratio of thrill rides to family rides will become unbalanced. I guess we'll see within a few weeks what they have up their sleeves for next year.

Derecho is still the only wooden coaster in the park. I've heard this could change in the near future.

It's still a classic, though.

I wonder if future coasters will ever top Superman in height.

We need more looping coasters as well.

I'll keep you updated on any developments.

Signing off,

Tommy

I think a vekoma is needed, i mean you have none at the park which is not very likely. Every park has to have at least one headbanger.

Both Europa Park and Busch Gardens Williamsburg have no Vekoma's, and they are considered to be two of the best parks on the planet!

I think your every park must have a Vekoma rule is what makes parks get crappy coasters.

--James

Yeah, but we're talking Six Flags here. If he's going for realism, there's going to be a coaster boom any time now; I also sense some new cartoon characters. There are other things as well, like breaking off the licence with SF, but only time will tell.

23rd Season

We're in the dead heat of August and I only have a few photos to share today but I do have some good news. The local newspaper has confirmed that Six Flags will be making another large capital investment in the park for the 2002 season. They did not say what type of investment, though. But at least we know for sure that big things are coming to the park!

I've heard that Derecho will soon become a historical landmark! This should guarantee its upkeep in the future.

V2 has been experiencing some technical issues lately but I hear that those problems should be resolved by next season.

I'll bring you frequent updates on next season! Things should get interesting soon!

Signing off,

Tommy