TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23rd Season

I can't believe opening day is already here! Park officials were reportedly worried whether or not Vertical Velocity would be ready for guests, but luckily for us the ride is open!

It's hard to miss the ride's two vertical towers emerging from the tree line.

Getting to the park extra early on opening day is always a good idea!

I see V2!

The ride's station stands where RoadRunner's station once stood. The ride experience is like nothing I've ever experienced before. The launch is so powerful that it really takes your breath away. I've heard a lot of people claim that the ride would be just like Viper, but it's so much better. The weightlessness experienced at the top of the reverse spike is incredible. I give V2 two thumbs up!

Obligatory Undertaker shot!

The ride looks beautiful at night. I'm sure I'll be back several times this season!

Signing off,

Tommy

23rd Season

Vertical Velocity is a huge hit! Although the lines for the ride might be long, the wait is totally worth it!

The airtime on this ride is insane!

The speed the train takes as it's flying through the station is crazy.

The ride ops always play a little game with the riders awaiting to be launched. They're already pretty anxious!

I stayed at the park nearly all day. My sunburned face will thank me later!

Nevertheless, it was a great day!

Signing off,

Tommy

Hey guys! Today is Thanksgiving (for the U.S. folks) and I just wanted to thank you guys for the continued support that you all give me. I may not respond to each of your posts individually, but I do take each comment to heart! I get the most when I read your responses, positive and negative. The feedback means the world to me. Thank you!

I'm out of town and my Internet connection is spotty at best, but regular SFSC updates will return on Saturday.

23rd Season

I went by the park late by this afternoon to get a few rides in. The lines weren't bad so I was in and out within a couple of hours.

Little crowds equals lots of rides without waiting!

I only waited about five minutes for Batman, but only because they were running one train.

Vulture was next - this ride either needs a rehab or a replacement!

I have no idea what would replace it, though.

And to end the day, a soaking ride on Thunder River!

Signing off,

Tommy