TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21st Season

We're in the dog days of summer and I've been told that track shipments have been arriving in Charleston nearly every day. These containers are being held in an off-site warehouse as crews begin to prep the ground for this supposed new coaster. We haven't been told anything more than that, but I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Everybody wants to ride rebellion!

I've even seen some younger kids challenging the ride.

26 stories is a lot taller than you think.

The park's skyline never gets old.

One more ride on Vulture won't hurt!

Have a great night.

- Joe

Hi, I just wanted to say I've read this thread all the way from the beginning and that it's AMAZING!

A couple of pages back I think you posted some aerial shots of the park and I noticed there seems to be an empty space between Gotham and Habourtown so could we possibly be seeing a new area of the park any time soon?

21st Season

It is with regret that I inform you that I will no longer be covering Six Flags South Carolina. Yesterday I was informed that the paper I write for was being downsized, and my "Everything Charleston" column will not be a part of the new streamlined edition. Luckily, however, I have been offered a columnist position at a paper in Dallas. I will be flying there next week with the family to house hunt.

This is an unfortunate situation - I have become so attached to the park over the past six years. I hate that I am leaving the park at such a great time in its life. I have enjoyed seeing the park return from the dead. It's come incredibly far since 1990. Nearly a decade later, it's a thriving, vibrant amusement park that all can enjoy. I hope it stays that way.

I would like to thank Joseph Reynolds and the entire team for being so gracious to me during my time here. Without their hospitality, I wouldn't have been able to write nearly as much about the park as I did.

But before I depart for Dallas (I hear there is a Six Flags there as well!), I present my final update from the park:

I hope the park continues to add fun rides such as Rebellion!

I hope Vulture is still here when I return! And I hope this rumored new coaster is the best at the park!

I don't want the park to change at all, really. But I know it will.

I hope they eventually do something with the old Swan Boats station!

Goodbye Charleston Gardens. Goodbye Six Flags. It's been a great time.

Your friend,

Joe

I'm getting a little behind on the park due to school and other activities. I'm taking the rest of September and October to bulk up a little on SFSC. The park will return on November 1st, 2010 for the new millennium at SFSC. I'll see you then!

- CD5

Hey, got a question, will you be releasing a new updated download any time soon, i would really love to see this park.

I don't think he well since I saw some people's projects copy his park's structures. which is bad.

He has a copyright on the Main Street theme?

This isn't about reputation or being the best... I mean, CD5 propably couldn't give a rip for all we know? Give the guy some space to be creative.

For all we know he could say "I don't feel like doing this anymore" like I did. I was all for posting my epic park I spent 40 hours on... But I don't feel like it anymore.

Hey, got a question, will you be releasing a new updated download any time soon, i would really love to see this park.

I don't think he well since I saw some people's projects copy his park's structures. which is bad.

He has a copyright on the Main Street theme?

yeah some one did. or very heavy inspiration.

Honestly, I think if CD5 were to see someone very closely copying his structures, he'd just smile. They can try to copy his buildings, but their overall work wont come close. He knows that. TONS of hours of work go into his park, and it's not just to do with his buildings alone. The overall park planning that goes into it, and the finishing work down to the smallest little details are what separate his work from most.

People are going to 'very closely' copy structures.. especially ones that are in pre built packs that you can download like the main street packs..

He didn't smile on that, I saw on Shy guys world, some one posted an park that has almost the same bumper car building as CD5's park. CD5 got really mad. Then the creator said that he couldn't believe that CD5 is so mean, he had been following the park for years. Then the mods close the thread... so sad

• 4 weeks later...