TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20th Season

The summer season has begun! The park is now open daily and the crowds are starting to pick up! I've talked to alot of out-of-towners today who stopped by the park just to ride Undertaker! Word really gets around!

One couple came from Virginia just to see what a floorless coaster was like.

They loved it!

The ride operators have done a tremendous job filling the seats on the train - you rarely see a train with empty seats.

The park painted the theater's show building - the blue doesn't seem to stand out as much. It blends in with the sky!

It's a tall ride - that's for sure.

Another train full of riders prepares to challenge Undertaker.

I heard from a food vendor that Washout is on its way out. Anybody know more about this?

It got my hand on some great satellite shots of the park - I'll have those up very soon!

- Joe

I was at the park today and talked to the Operator of Washout. He said the ride would close in a week because they needed to send some parts off to get refurbished and he said the queue would get shade and the ride would be repainted over the offseason.

I love how other fans add to this story. It makes it more interesting. I've been following this park for quite some time and I must say it's my favorite RCT park that I've read or followed, anywhere. How you provide your updates almost makes me feel like you're there and providing us with PTR's. The attention to detail is just incredible and I love how you move/remove rides around to add new ones. I don't how many times I may have stressed how incredible this park is. Keep up the great work!

Thanks guys!

20th Season

I was given some great satellite shots of the park last week. It's great to see such a great overview of the park. Special thanks goes to Joseph Reynolds for these images!

CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO SEE LARGER 1200x675 SIZE

Here the entrance plaza and Atlantic Avenue can be seen.

The Gotham Backlot extends farther back into the park.

The upper level of the park is basically a large loop.

You'll find several of the park's themed areas up here.

Thanks again to Joseph Reynolds for letting us see these!

- Joe

^ KD, I just don't zoom out as far. That's why I couldn't get the entire park in one shot.

20th Season

I went to the park late yesterday on my way home from work. There isn't a whole lot going on as far as next season goes, but you can tell that Undertaker has brought in more guests - the park was packed!

With new owners in place, everyone is waiting to see how Premier handles these parks. We should begin seeing the real changes in a year or two. Hopefully they are for the better!

The Gotham Backlot lately hasn't been as crowded - I guess since it's the dead end of the park.

Chaos was closed for most of the day.

There's been very little movement in this area. It makes one wonder if this area of the park will ever be developed.

"What do we ride next?"

"Batman!"

Undertaker is beautiful at night.

Night rides on any rollercoaster are the best!

- Joe

This is AMAZING! I love the rides, senery, buildings, theming, real-ness Everything is just amazing. This is exactly whats inspireing me to make Angel Island Theme Park.

How did you make the mirror effect in the water? I've seen that alot.

LOL. My parents were at Charelston when Hugo hit

20th Season

Things are slowly gearing up for next season's new attractions. Yes, I said atractions! I've heard that the park has applied for height variance for two attractions which will exceed 200 feet in height. No word yet if either have been approved.

We'll see how this goes! If you haven't put the puzzle pieces together yet, the park was originally set to receive a Mr. Freeze clone that is found at Six Flags St. Louis and Six Flags over Texas. However, the city denied their request, so we were given Undertaker!

I've been told there might have been some rezoning done this past year so that it would be easier for Six Flags to build taller than the current 180 foot limit.

The sun rises over Undertaker.

A train speeds into the final brake run.

I apologize for the excess of Undertaker photos!

This new wider path really aleviates the crowding problems sometimes experienced on busy days...

...like today!

What a classic shot...

I'm really surprised, this area has been untouched since Six Flags bought the park.

- Joe

Hey guys. As I will be heading back to school soon, you might see updates go to every other day. Don't be alarmed.

20th Season

We're still a good ways away from the end of the season, but there are lots of whispers around the park about next season. I've heard everything from another coaster to nothing at all. We'll see!

However, one thing has been confirmed for next season: Derecho will be repainted!

The ride desperately needs it.

There are still rumors that say Parachute Falls will be leaving at the end of the season. But I've heard that rumor for three years now.

The park wouldn't be the same if you couldn't get a shot like this!

- Joe